CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

First day of school...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-08, 11:00 PM
$l1ckr4y
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First day of school...

I just got out of my speech class 3hrs ago and it sucked, but i need it for my electives so i have to go. PLUS there was some cute chicks in there also LOL...the parking was b****, but a within a couple of weeks it'll clear up. Does anybody here can give good tips for speech class, im suck talking in public. Anyways that was me ranting about my first day of class. So how was your experience..??

-Ray

ps: after I got out off class, i was able to watch Lakers' game against Sonics...ohh yeaa got 'em good on the OT baby....
Old 01-14-08, 11:16 PM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

im thinkin speech also where are you taking at are you in sd. dang you lucky you got cute chicks in your class. since i dont blahhh haha but ish all good
Old 01-14-08, 11:47 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe picturing your audience in their underwear? i dunno if that really works or not hahah.

my first day of school will be the 30th... going back to school after nearly 4 years out... yikes!
Old 01-15-08, 12:06 AM
$l1ckr4y
Rookie

no, im not in SD area. I'm in OC area, i'm going to Cypress College.

ULTIMaX99,
You'll be fine, its better late than never. And at least your doing somthing nice to yourself bruh.
Old 01-15-08, 12:38 AM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

speech was fun n easy for me haha
Old 01-15-08, 12:40 AM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

I went to Cypress College for a semester. Heard they remodelled everything. I remember parking was a pain there, but not as bad as UCI where I go now. It was nice living only 10 minutes away from school.
Old 01-15-08, 03:57 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by $l1ckr4y
I just got out of my speech class 3hrs ago and it sucked, but i need it for my electives so i have to go. PLUS there was some cute chicks in there also LOL...the parking was b****, but a within a couple of weeks it'll clear up. Does anybody here can give good tips for speech class, im suck talking in public. Anyways that was me ranting about my first day of class. So how was your experience..??
You can start with not saying im suck haha just kidding man, damn you go to cypress that's like 5 mins from where i live. albertacos and imperial burger ftw!
Old 01-15-08, 05:26 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tips for public speaking, hmmm... when you have a choice of topics, choose something you really know about and care about. that way you won't go blank and your feelings will pour into the speech, so it's not boring.
don't think about people watching you. look at someone for a second, then look at someone else, dont' keep looking in one area. stay focused on your goal. make sure you have a goal when you start, so that you'll have something to accomplish, not just to finish the speech!
Old 01-15-08, 06:58 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I took public speaking last semester at OCC. It sucked and it was boring, it was one day a week, 7-10pm blah.
Old 01-15-08, 08:30 AM
gixxrr
Rookie

My public speaking class at OCC was really fun. What I did was I focused on a few people across the classroom and when you're speaking, just look at those people and forget everyone else. Worked for me.
Old 01-15-08, 10:00 AM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

I agree with 19psi if you know the subject well your confidence will be higher and it will be easier to talk about the subject. Focus on friendly faces in the audience. What always helped when I had to do speeches in college for a large group of people (100-300) is practicing in front of a mirror. A trick that Ive used in the past is to write your speech with a dry erase marker on the mirror to practice so it helps you from not looking down a lot relying on note cards.

Man I miss college, it's been almost 5 years since I graduated and I've been wanting to back for a masters.
Old 01-15-08, 01:00 PM
$l1ckr4y
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mesca
You can start with not saying im suck haha just kidding man, damn you go to cypress that's like 5 mins from where i live. albertacos and imperial burger ftw!
i swear i was about to say i'm sucked on our first presentation, which is introducing ourself. yea albertacos is mad tyte shunn, i luv their fish burrito.
Old 01-15-08, 01:06 PM
$l1ckr4y
Rookie

Originally Posted by 19psi
tips for public speaking, hmmm... when you have a choice of topics, choose something you really know about and care about. that way you won't go blank and your feelings will pour into the speech, so it's not boring.
don't think about people watching you. look at someone for a second, then look at someone else, dont' keep looking in one area. stay focused on your goal. make sure you have a goal when you start, so that you'll have something to accomplish, not just to finish the speech!
wow...very informative. can you be my speech coach ...JK. I totally agree with what you say, but now its just up to me to implement these actions. Our first speech exam is gonna be 2 wks from today and its gonna be a demonstration speech. Since im in the medical field, i think im gonna do CPR.
Old 01-15-08, 01:36 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by $l1ckr4y
wow...very informative. can you be my speech coach ...JK. I totally agree with what you say, but now its just up to me to implement these actions. Our first speech exam is gonna be 2 wks from today and its gonna be a demonstration speech. Since im in the medical field, i think im gonna do CPR.
Be sure to pick a cute volunteer.
Old 01-15-08, 01:49 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get drunk before class. LOL!!!

Quick Reply: First day of school...