CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Rim Repair Shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-07, 01:42 PM
qlex56
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sander has his own place to repair wheels on site now
pretty decent prices.
Old 01-17-07, 01:53 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
Mag Masters Custom Polishing
1419 E Edinger Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(714) 541-9777
I dropped off my wheels last week to Gary at Mag Masters, great guy and I will post of pics of before and after they are done. I had a small spot of them from shipping to me from NY, and Gary said no problem fixing them and re-polishing them. I cant wait to see how they look on Saturday. I will be dropping the rest of them off on saturday as well. They quoted me $40.00 to dismount and fix and polish the rear and for the 3 left, same price to dismount the tires and then they will re-polish the lips of the rest. He also said that their balancing machine is broke and recommended me a place right around the corner from them that will mount my new tires and if they scratch them (Highly doubt they will) they will take them back to Mag Masters to have them fixed at their cost.

Cheers,

Revhard191

Last edited by Revhard191; 01-17-07 at 01:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-17-07, 03:58 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Revhard191
I dropped off my wheels last week to Gary at Mag Masters, great guy and I will post of pics of before and after they are done. I had a small spot of them from shipping to me from NY, and Gary said no problem fixing them and re-polishing them. I cant wait to see how they look on Saturday. I will be dropping the rest of them off on saturday as well. They quoted me $40.00 to dismount and fix and polish the rear and for the 3 left, same price to dismount the tires and then they will re-polish the lips of the rest. He also said that their balancing machine is broke and recommended me a place right around the corner from them that will mount my new tires and if they scratch them (Highly doubt they will) they will take them back to Mag Masters to have them fixed at their cost.

Cheers,

Revhard191
Angel, I need to drop off a set of rims to MM as well. I'm just waiting until I need new tires, which should be in about a month or so. I have a fresh set of Dunlops sitting in the garage but I don't want to mount them until I'm about to get my lips polished.

I was told to leave my tires ON when I get the lips polished, but when I look at the rims it seems that they would be able to polish the lips better if the tires were off, who knows...I'll just do what they ask so I have no problems. MM also has some of the best pricing around, believe me, I checked
Old 01-17-07, 04:29 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Angel, I need to drop off a set of rims to MM as well. I'm just waiting until I need new tires, which should be in about a month or so. I have a fresh set of Dunlops sitting in the garage but I don't want to mount them until I'm about to get my lips polished.

I was told to leave my tires ON when I get the lips polished, but when I look at the rims it seems that they would be able to polish the lips better if the tires were off, who knows...I'll just do what they ask so I have no problems. MM also has some of the best pricing around, believe me, I checked
Definately, I just got a call from Gary about 15 minutes ago telling me my wheel is done and looks NEW I will be dropping by there tomorrow to drop off the other 3 to have them polished. I also asked if they could dismount the tires on all 4 of them and he said no problem. I will post up pics tomorrow and for $40.00 each, I think it was a killer deal compared to a few others that I called and checked out. I can't wait, I have a new set of Toyo PX4's waiting for them in the garage. I will take them out to the mounting place as soon as I have all 4 of them. Only problem, the wife has been rollin my car for the last month & a half, with the other shoes.....thank god! I can't wait to roll on them once again, although it may be a little longer, I am now waiting on my uncle to help me install my Air Runners (on going project since I bought them 5 months ago )

Cheers,

Angel
Old 01-17-07, 04:38 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

i wanna see before and after pics. can they fix a diamond cut finish. i mean fix the lip and refinish the face. like you know when the clear coat corrodes.
Old 01-17-07, 04:43 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by antbo
i wanna see before and after pics. can they fix a diamond cut finish. i mean fix the lip and refinish the face. like you know when the clear coat corrodes.
Antbo,

I will post up pics, but I only had the lip done on the rear and the center part of my wheel is chrome, so I am not sure how they will work out your wheels. I will run it by Gary tomorrow, but I am sure he is going to tell me to have you stop by to see how bad they are. My wheels do not have a clear coat, but they are polished lips with chrome centers, I really wish they would have been chrome, but then it would have cost me more $$$ to have them fixed then re-chromed.

Cheers,

Revhard191

Last edited by Revhard191; 01-17-07 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-17-07, 04:51 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Revhard191
Antbo,

I will post up pics, but I only had the lip done on the rear and the center part of my wheel is chrome, so I am not sure how they will work out your wheels. I will run it by Gary tomorrow, but I am sure he is going to tell me to have you stop by to see how bad they are. My wheels do not have a clear coat, but they are polished lips with chrome centers, I really wish they would have been chrome, but then it would have cost me more $$$ to have them fixed then re-chromed.

Cheers,

Revhard191
thanks, it sucks that i live in san diego. so i cant really go up there during the week days. also i dont have the wheels yet. maybe i can send him a pic
Old 01-18-07, 06:50 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys,

my GF's bro's MKIV had a small spin-out accident on the freeway, now 1 rim has a chunk of the rim gone (the lip part), probably 5 inches of the outer lip gone. The other 3 have major rashes. I'll probably talk to Jimmy to get a quote.

Old 01-18-07, 10:32 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Well I picked up my wheel today from Mag Masters and I have to tell you.....it look absolutely perfect . No more nics and no more rash . Actually, the barrel looks sweet and very much polished. Once I can take a pic of the wheel where you can actually see the wheel with out the glare I will post them up. I can't wait to get the other 3 back and for a small fortune it was the best bang for the buck. I will now have a flawless set of wheels again and all of the lips polished at that.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to take a proper picture with out the high glare of the polish lip? I have a very nice Canon XTi camera and I can not figure out how to take the picture with out that bad glare.

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 01-23-07, 01:26 AM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

Good to know we have reliable people here
Old 01-23-07, 09:58 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Can't go wrong with Sander at TWS either.