CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Recieved a FIXIT ticket for my tinted windows >=(

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-06, 03:44 AM
cali_guy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember getting a ticket on my acura CL for that same color tint. I was in cerritos at a redlight. A cop saw me and pulled me over just for the tint in the day time. The fine was 100 dollars. Ironicially I got the same tint on my IS350 for the fronts and rear.
Old 08-31-06, 09:12 AM
1wickedgs
Driver

Originally Posted by AristoMade
So I was driving around the Downey area and stopped by a store, left the store and drove off but i forgot to roll down my window (this was at night time), and I got pulled over and a cop busted me for my front driver and passenger side tints, he told me its correctable but i dont want my windows or tints to be messed with. I also dont want to take them off, is there anybody that can help me with this I can't get a hold of any friends who knows a cop/sheriff that i can get this signed off, obviously i dont want to take off my tints, whats the fine for tints anyways? A week later I went to Ontario and got busted for the same thing . I tried to show the officer that I have a ticket for one already he refused it and got in a pissy mood, so he wrote me up for one also . Now I have 2 tinted windows ticket.... anybody care to help me

Please help a CL member out Im from socal Long beach area, if anybody can help me so much is appreciated!

- Dara
If u are willing 2 travel Im in 818 the shop I go to will charge me $200 to retint all my windows im thinkin about going dark im at 20% but just the 2 side shouldnt be 2 much send me a message I may be able to help you out - Kev -
Old 08-31-06, 12:41 PM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

anything good right now would help out a lot my first court date is on the 5th of this month
Old 08-31-06, 07:30 PM
jchuang8
Driver School Candidate

im here from so cal in the 626 area, california tint on rosemead and mission in the city of rosemead will do a tint job for bout 125-150, furthermore, if you get busted and have to remove them they'll take it off long enough for you to drive to the po po's place get it approved and reapply it for like half the price or less... the owner's a cool guy so he's negotiable
Old 09-01-06, 09:09 AM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay....If the cost to reapply the tint is going to be around $115-$125 then why don't you just pay the fine for the tint at the court.
The fine is around $100-$115 depending on the county you got the ticket in. I say just do that. You won't have to hassle with removing the tint then getting it reapplied. Once you pay the fine then that's it. You just have to be extra careful in not driving like you stole it and remember to roll your windows down when you need to.

Nevermind on my idea above. Forgot that you got 2 tickets and not just 1.

Last edited by BobaDrift; 09-01-06 at 09:16 AM. Reason: 2 tickets; not 1
Old 09-01-06, 11:23 AM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BobaDrift
Okay....If the cost to reapply the tint is going to be around $115-$125 then why don't you just pay the fine for the tint at the court.
The fine is around $100-$115 depending on the county you got the ticket in. I say just do that. You won't have to hassle with removing the tint then getting it reapplied. Once you pay the fine then that's it. You just have to be extra careful in not driving like you stole it and remember to roll your windows down when you need to.

Nevermind on my idea above. Forgot that you got 2 tickets and not just 1.

lol thats why, if it was just the one ticket then i wouldnt mind paying the fine
Old 09-03-06, 11:08 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AristoMade
lol thats why, if it was just the one ticket then i wouldnt mind paying the fine
Problem is, if you get caught again after just paying off the ticket, the cost of ticket the next time you get pulled over will be.....alot more I believe.

I got an idea, trade windows w/ some1 who doesn't have tint, get it signed off, then trade the windows back LOL (or the whole door if easier)
Old 09-05-06, 12:11 AM
scoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aznxenon
Problem is, if you get caught again after just paying off the ticket, the cost of ticket the next time you get pulled over will be.....alot more I believe.

I got an idea, trade windows w/ some1 who doesn't have tint, get it signed off, then trade the windows back LOL (or the whole door if easier)

> >
Old 09-05-06, 07:50 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

or just find someone that has the same exact looking car as yours w/o tint... swap plates and bring their car in. just hope they don't actually come out n look at the vin number.
Old 09-07-06, 04:55 PM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

who has hookup on retinting the front side windows about the same percentage?? looking preferrably about long beach area anywhere around or a bit closer. I pulled them off myself and got it written off now i feel like my front side has no window... need to re-tint them back asap

-dara
Old 09-08-06, 12:35 AM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aznxenon

just find a friend with a same color car, and no tint..
and switch license plate.
i try to have my window rolled down most of the driving time.. because im afraid of the tint ticket.
Old 09-08-06, 01:55 AM
flyfl1pguy

Sorry to hear about the tinted windows. I wonder if my cousin got ticket already cuz he has his front windshield tinted too. .
Old 09-08-06, 02:36 AM
mole177
Driver School Candidate

^ front winshield???

Why would anyone want to do that down here?
Old 09-08-06, 08:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by mole177
^ front winshield???

why not? it's personal preference. if one tints the front side windows, i think there are reasons why he/she would want to tint the front winshield too
Old 09-08-06, 11:40 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mole177
^ front winshield???

i thought that at first but when i went to get my tint done i quickly realized that a lot of people actually do it. in fact, there was a car at the shop getting his front windshield tinted too. they do it mainly to reduce heat so they use ceramic on the front windshield. i'm thinking of going back to get my front windshield tinted along with the sunroof with probably 70% ceramic.

Quick Reply: Recieved a FIXIT ticket for my tinted windows >=(