CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Got a freakin Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-06, 09:03 AM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a freakin Speeding Ticket

Got a freakin speeding ticket on the 10/15 over the weekend

I have not gotten a ticket since 2000...and that was in Long Island. I dont speed as much as i use to, especially after the baby. I try to be sensible and dont go over 80 in most cases. But we are going to a dinner and running really late. And after a quick stop at Victoria Gardens i get on the 15 and put my foot on the pedal. I think i may have traveled about a mile..and then i see colorful lights in my rearview mirror

He stops me right infront of Crown Lexus Gives me the ticket for going 90 on 65 and the SOB gave me a citation on the tints (this is @ 8:30PM?!)WHILE I TOLD HIM THAT I ALREADY HAVE BEEN CITED AND GETTING THEM FIXED!!!

Since this is my first ticket in Cali, how do i figure out how much fine i have to pay?

Thanks for listening to my rant
Old 08-21-06, 09:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

sorry to hear that man...... 90 in 65, that's 25 over, if i am correct, that's 270 fine + traffic school. i did 93 in 65, so there you go. but go to court and plead guilty, i did that and the judge reduced fine to 140 + traffic school.

and the tint, it's 10 bucks fix ticket. did you show the cop that you already got another fix ticket? i think if you already got one and it's still within the grace period, you shouldn't get another one

sorry to hear that man, stuff happens just be careful of them
Old 08-21-06, 10:33 AM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

If it's a CHP, there are no grace period per se on Tint fix-it tickets... it's whatever the police officer feels like it. You can get one, another hour goes by and another cop sees you, you can get another one.
Old 08-21-06, 11:00 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

I was always getting fix-it tickets in socal. Recently, I started keeping my ticket in the car until I paid it in case I was pulled over again. It did help me one time when a CHP pulled me over for tint and I showed him a violation I got 3 weeks earlier. He looked at the ticket, and just told me to take care of it.

Sorry to hear about your speeding ticket. Like Henry said, just plead quilty and ask for traffic school.
Old 08-21-06, 11:15 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to hear. Odds are that you were going a bid more than 90 as that is what he cited you for. Just plead no contest, ask for a reduced fine as this was your first in 6 years, and some online traffic school. I go through that area often and always use my rear view mirrors.
Which court? Rancho Cucamonga?

Last edited by Pearlpower; 08-21-06 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-21-06, 12:03 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Sorry bout the rant guys....I was very "annoyed" by this incident.

Thanks for some very good info. It definately helps. It seems like that going to court and pleading guilty is the best solution. I did not show the ticket since i did not have it in the car. Maybe i should keep it with me for future citations.

BTW..i actually beleive i was going less than 90....but then again in the 3rd Gen GS you really cant feel how fast you are going....Go Lexus Luxury ride

Yes...The court is Rancho. Anything in particular i should know about?

Last edited by NYlexus; 08-21-06 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-21-06, 12:12 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Not the friendliest out there. Dress nice, be courteous to everyone there, own up to what occurred. Things will be fine.
Old 08-21-06, 02:14 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

correct me if i am wrong but i thought if one got caught for going 85 plus, the cop can potentially cites you for reckless driving, impound you car, etc. etc... then the fee will be enormous!!
Old 08-21-06, 02:32 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
correct me if i am wrong but i thought if one got caught for going 85 plus, the cop can potentially cites you for reckless driving, impound you car, etc. etc... then the fee will be enormous!!
i thought that was over 100???
Old 08-21-06, 04:08 PM
sdpq
Driver

that sucks, i heard on another thread that tinted front windows are no longer fix-up tickets, they are considered a moving violation, so i dont know if this is true or not, but i read that this is the new law so i don't know how that affects things.
Old 08-21-06, 05:24 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

same^ im pretty sure it is 100+ before they can even consider tacking reckless driving onto it.
Old 08-21-06, 06:46 PM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

Sorry to hear. I've had the same happen to me. Except he got me for front plate as well. I had the plate in the trunk, told him I did and needed to fix my bumper before putting it back on and he still gave me the ticket.
I say expect to pay 400+ for that ticket considering the speed.
Old 08-21-06, 06:50 PM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
same^ im pretty sure it is 100+ before they can even consider tacking reckless driving onto it.
Actually it's an actual number of mph above the posted limit that they can tack it on as reckless driving. I know most cops don't follow that and hold it to 100mph. I only know cause an ex-girlfriend got pulled over last year and the cop told her that.
Old 08-21-06, 11:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
man that's old school, maybe when speed limit was 55.... now it's if you go over 100 then it's reckless driving and they can put you in jail and impound your car. anything under 100 it's just infractions speeding. well that's what i got man, so no worry. boy, going over 85, that's so damn easy in our cars...

Originally Posted by NYlexus
Sorry bout the rant guys....I was very "annoyed" by this incident.

Thanks for some very good info. It definately helps. It seems like that going to court and pleading guilty is the best solution. I did not show the ticket since i did not have it in the car. Maybe i should keep it with me for future citations.

BTW..i actually beleive i was going less than 90....but then again in the 3rd Gen GS you really cant feel how fast you are going....Go Lexus Luxury ride

Yes...The court is Rancho. Anything in particular i should know about?
ah definitely keep the tickets in your car. when my wife got the fix it for the front plate, the first thing i told her is to keep it in the car so just in case she get pulled again
Old 08-21-06, 11:45 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

don't the cops look at the date of the ticket???

Quick Reply: Got a freakin Speeding Ticket