CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Anyone here using Cerritos Lexus??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-06, 09:48 PM
hsk73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here using Cerritos Lexus??

Looks like that's the closest from my house and I'll be buying my car there...
How's their service department?
Old 08-16-06, 10:00 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Sales department people are pushy... the Internet Fleet manager "Ali" seemed very nice though. But the floor sales sucked bad. Unless you look like you have money or if you're young, bring your parents with you or no one will be helping you much.

I live 5 minutes from that dealership and tried it twice... both times were awful, pushy, typical sales people.

Service department... I haven't tried it there yet, I was thinking of trying Longo or Glendale.
Old 08-16-06, 10:34 PM
hsk73
Lead Lap

Korean dude there... I think it's name is Moon Kim or something....
He's like a friend of my brother's friend's friend....
Suppose to give me a super deal... Although I haven't got any numbers, yet....
Old 08-16-06, 11:17 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus of Cerritos gets a from me.

Go to Glendale! Peter Kong is our ClubLexus mascot.
Old 08-16-06, 11:41 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

anybody know if cerritos n glendale is owned by the same person or entity?
Old 08-16-06, 11:53 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

I bought at Cerritos. The salesman was nice and helpful. Can't say the same about the sales manager.....he was a bit arrogant in that if he didn't make the sale, there's always another sucker. I fought hard for my trade-in and I knew where the exit was. As for the service, I went to Cerritos for the Lo Jack installation and personalized setting. The sales advisor was I went to Longo for my headlamp replacement under warranty and the service was Longo ordered the wrong part that didn't fit my car. When the part arrived (2 days after Parts Dept ordered), the SA forgot the call me so I waited a week (felt it was a long time to wait for parts to come in). I was the one making the call for the service.
Old 08-16-06, 11:59 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
anybody know if cerritos n glendale is owned by the same person or entity?
Cerritos is owned by the Power Automotive Group and Lexus of Glendale is privately owned by one man.
I always prefer privately owned dealerships vs. huge corporate owned as I feel you get a more personal touch in customer service.
Old 08-17-06, 12:23 AM
IS250HuNnY
Lead Lap

yeah i heard lexus of cerritos isnt that great as described by other ppl.. its closest to me but i didnt go there to get my car. i went there once. pushy pushy people. the service department people werent that nice to me either, maybe cuz i look like a little kid hah
Old 08-17-06, 01:26 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Cerritos is owned by the Power Automotive Group and Lexus of Glendale is privately owned by one man.
I always prefer privately owned dealerships vs. huge corporate owned as I feel you get a more personal touch in customer service.
does cerritos n glendale have some sorta co-op thing for maintenance? i ask this cuz glendale gave me 4 years of oil changes n maintenance and said i can only goto either cerritos or glendale to have it done.
Old 08-17-06, 01:31 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
does cerritos n glendale have some sorta co-op thing for maintenance? i ask this cuz glendale gave me 4 years of oil changes n maintenance and said i can only goto either cerritos or glendale to have it done.
No, the free oil changes you got with purchase of extended warranty is a Lexus factory sponsored thing. Unfortunately each dealership is independantly owned and operated so they can refuse this program. Most dealers don't offer it because it's classified as warranty work and dealers can't make any real money on it. They make more money charging for what is called "customer pay" for oil changes.
Old 08-17-06, 03:16 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Lexus of Cerritos is great, I never had a problem there. Overall I would recommend against Longo, but would recommend Westminister and Cerritos.
Old 08-17-06, 09:52 AM
hsk73
Lead Lap

Isn't Westminster Lexus under construction??
I only saw some used cars there last time I drove by...

That's good to know, UltimaX99.
I guess I can buy my car at Glendale and get it serviced in Cerritos...
Old 08-17-06, 10:11 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hsk73
How's their service department?
Ask for Dorothy Lunney. She's one of the Service Managers.

Tell them that Philip (the PT with an IS) and Maria (the nurse with a GS) sent you. She'll take good care of you...
Old 08-17-06, 11:30 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I bought mine from Cerritos and Desmond was the AAA sales contact. It was a pleasant experience overall. Past walk throughs on the lot, I'm not hassled nor hovered over so it's been good.

The service advisors change too frequently which I don't like. My dealings with service have been smooth except for one incident where they left a 2" scratch on the driver door panel when replacing the key cylinder. No problem getting it fixed and even though it was a quick repair, they gave me a loaner car. I had no sooner got home then they called me to say the car was ready.

I would have no hesitation to buying from there but I do ponder the service dept. Parts guy has always been nice to me.

Westminster has also treated us well but the sales guy I had was a bit anxious and he'd call me almost everyday to let me know what cars are coming in.
Old 08-17-06, 01:25 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Thumbs down

I hate to knock a dealership, but my experience was much the same as many who have responded. I had crappy service and NEVER....and I mean NEVER take you car their for the paint & body work.

My wife got rear ended in my car (Antique Bronze Mica color.) and my insurance company said that I could take it anywhere, so I choose Cerritos Lexus, well it was a run around, they told me I have to drive out to there paint & body shop in Long Beach (Mind you when I asked if they had an on site body & paint shop they say yes.....NOT!) so I said fine, after about a week of having to wait, they painted my rear trunk lid and rear bumper a different shade of my color and said that it was matched perfectly and I told the guy to look at it from my angle and he said it was fine and that it would have to bake in the sun and it may lighten up.....Well almost a year and a half later it is still the same. Talked to the manager about it and he said that is the color and that my car must have been repainted in the past.....he was a real jerk about it now, so I said fine and left majorly pissed off. And to boot, they badged my car wrong and put 430 instead of 400 and they didn't even put the GS on it and to date......I am still waiting for the GS 400 badge to come in....I have lost all hope with that dealership.

I did how ever meet a very cool guy by the name of Peter at Glendale Lexus when we had the Mini meet for GSOUP, he was really nice and was very professional while talking to him. for Peter at Glendale Lexus for representing Lexus at it's finest.

Sorry for the winded reply but I swore that I would never recommend anyone to Cerritos Lexus....

Just my 2 cents worth!

Cheers,

Revhard191

Quick Reply: Anyone here using Cerritos Lexus??