CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

5/13 Toyotafest 2006 Results and Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-06, 03:29 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay guys, I think this thread needs to cool down a bit. We are missing the point here. First off, last year was the first year Lexus was even allowed to even participate in the TOYOTA/SCION show. So be thankful for the event organizers for allowing us cars to even enjoy the fun. Second, how do you think the toyota guys feel when they see 30 of us hard core Lexus guys bring their $50-70KVIP cars to their show. I bet they feel a bit discouraged when they spend thousands of dollars on their $15,000 car. The bottom line is that the judging is secondary. It's about having a good time and representing Club Lexus. Last year I placed first for best Lexus and this year didn't even make it in the top 3. Doesn't bother me one bit because I had a great time!
Old 05-17-06, 04:16 PM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Okay guys, I think this thread needs to cool down a bit. We are missing the point here. First off, last year was the first year Lexus was even allowed to even participate in the TOYOTA/SCION show. So be thankful for the event organizers for allowing us cars to even enjoy the fun. Second, how do you think the toyota guys feel when they see 30 of us hard core Lexus guys bring their $50-70KVIP cars to their show. I bet they feel a bit discouraged when they spend thousands of dollars on their $15,000 car. The bottom line is that the judging is secondary. It's about having a good time and representing Club Lexus. Last year I placed first for best Lexus and this year didn't even make it in the top 3. Doesn't bother me one bit because I had a great time!

i have a GS (am the only blue GS that day ) once i parked my car all i did is chat with some old friends (old skul) and some of u guys - i even left my car unlocked, i was so excited to look on these cars and meet these friendly/family people, frankly that's all i care about we are lucky enough to be invited here in this event (as a member of this family) ...let's just keep it strong and support each other

...it's all about having a good time
Old 05-17-06, 06:15 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Doesn't bother me one bit because I had a great time!
Well said! I don't have a VIP car myself, I have the bottom of the food chain IS...but I still enjoyed the whole event...even if I had to help setup at 5 in the morning!
Old 05-17-06, 07:02 PM
AFLS430
Driver

Congrats to the winners

I didnt care if i won and i didnt care if my bro's car didnt win. We came out to have fun with friends and just chill. I own the pearl white Junction LS430 and i dont see why i should win. We came out to rep Autofashion and Airrunner and we didnt go in the show to win it was more display more then competition. I just wanted a shirt This is the first toyota fest i have been to and i liked it and i would go back. We do vip because we like it same reason people do drift or race styling. I have built a few race cars in my time but never a drift car but i dont ***** about drift or race cars beating me because VIP doesnt stand out because people dont understand it. The arguments can go both ways and well if i win its kewl if not then its kewl also i had a good time I thought everyones cars looked good and that was one reason i didnt judge because i liked them all
Old 05-17-06, 11:03 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Damn guys... im definetly gonna be there next year. Events like this is all about the ppl and the love of our common interest. Ppl will always be competitive even if there werent judging involved. But like Ken said, it's all about having a great time. If you had fun, then it was well worth ur time.

-s-
Old 05-17-06, 11:10 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by solo
Damn guys... im definetly gonna be there next year. Events like this is all about the ppl and the love of our common interest. Ppl will always be competitive even if there werent judging involved. But like Ken said, it's all about having a great time. If you had fun, then it was well worth ur time.

-s-
Solo dont worry. I have your goody bag saved including the t-shirt, the commemorative plaque and the dash sign with your name on it.
Old 05-18-06, 12:18 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by AFLS430
Congrats to the winners

I didnt care if i won and i didnt care if my bro's car didnt win. We came out to have fun with friends and just chill. I own the pearl white Junction LS430 and i dont see why i should win. We came out to rep Autofashion and Airrunner and we didnt go in the show to win it was more display more then competition. I just wanted a shirt This is the first toyota fest i have been to and i liked it and i would go back. We do vip because we like it same reason people do drift or race styling. I have built a few race cars in my time but never a drift car but i dont ***** about drift or race cars beating me because VIP doesnt stand out because people dont understand it. The arguments can go both ways and well if i win its kewl if not then its kewl also i had a good time I thought everyones cars looked good and that was one reason i didnt judge because i liked them all

THe white LS with full JP kit and airrunner is heaven on wheels.
Old 05-18-06, 12:19 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
No offense but I think somebody has to tell you...

It is a bit hard to get the public to respect the SC class when your car looks like this.

Maybe you have bigger plans for your car, maybe you don't. Either way, you'll get respect when and where you will deserve it.

I thought his SC was the one in the sig.
Old 05-18-06, 10:09 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Solo dont worry. I have your goody bag saved including the t-shirt, the commemorative plaque and the dash sign with your name on it.

oh sweetness... didnt know it came with that many goodies. thank you sir.
the images look great... the blue Team Lexus IS is very yummy... especially them stoptech brakes...

i will call u later.

-s-
Old 05-18-06, 11:44 AM
lexy300
Driver School Candidate

yup cerritos is in the house
Attached Thumbnails 5/13 Toyotafest 2006 Results and Pics!!!-lexy01.jpg  
Old 05-18-06, 07:43 PM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

Why is the grey sc getting all the attention,
show the white drifter

and it's not like the LS, GS, IS cars were drift cars,
but I think it is good to have that area represented (drift)
at the toyotafest.
Old 05-18-06, 10:47 PM
BIGDISH
Driver School Candidate

I did not see any hot chicks at that event!! The only thing that made me happy was all the capri sun we drank!!!
Old 05-18-06, 11:06 PM
BIGDISH
Driver School Candidate

Question

Why do all the SCION dudes have the hot chicks!!!!!!!!! Is there no such thing as a GOLD DIGGER? DOES MY CAR MAKE ME LOOK FAT??
Old 05-19-06, 10:04 PM
Lvangundy

Darn, I missed it this year. Too bad, because it was the first year CL people were guests!
Old 05-20-06, 10:02 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Lvangundy
Darn, I missed it this year. Too bad, because it was the first year CL people were guests!
Nope, 2nd year.

Quick Reply: 5/13 Toyotafest 2006 Results and Pics!!!