CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

5/13 Toyotafest 2006 Results and Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-06, 09:45 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by platypus
that gs looks stock other than the wheels and the lowering...what else is on that car? from the pics the ls and the is have more stuff on it so i'm confused?

its not about how many parts you can add on ur car... its how each item complements as a full-package.

-s-
Old 05-17-06, 12:35 AM
platypus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by solo
its not about how many parts you can add on ur car... its how each item complements as a full-package.

-s-
so ur telling me that the gs was the most put together car...did u even look at the other pictures that were posted? omg i'm not trying to put down the stock looking gs, but there were 2 black aristos in the pictures that looked they had a more complete look, not to mention that white ucf30, the silver ucf20, and the couple of wald ucf10's that could all be sited as good examples of cars that had the complete look.

how about breaking it down for me. lets see, 1.) that gs has work vsxx. great looking wheels, but compared to the silver ucf20's work rezax II's??? 'nuf said. 2.) the gs has a front lip kit. well...hmmm any of the wald cars had full kits. the jp ucf30 was tight. the silver ucf20 has jp and wise pieces. a front lip kit compared to full body kits that match...hmmmm. 3.) the gs has an exhaust. well i'll be damned so does the rest of the cars. 4.) the gs is fully loaded from lexus. well isn't that why you would buy a lexus over a honda civic? is that a surpise to anyone? u know what vip style is...right?

now i want to apologize if i offended anyone. i just don't appreciate being taught how to fix up a car, especially when the arguments don't make any sense and there were some beautiful cars in the pictures that seemed more put together than that gs.

Last edited by platypus; 05-17-06 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-17-06, 02:29 AM
pinoychris
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to let you know, the winner was not decided by judges. The way toyotafest works for the most part is that the participants actually are the ones who choose the winners. So basically, 300 entrants, if 200 of them voted, the GS430 got the most out of the 200 votes. So if you're going to question how it was judged, then you have to question all the other participants in the show. In my opinion, I think that the GS430 was one of the best looking cars at the show. It was one of the cars that drew the most attention on the lexus side.
Old 05-17-06, 02:31 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not every Lexus there was entered into the competition...I'd say only about half were competing. And on top of that, the judging was done by the entrants of the show and not by actual judges. The judging wasn't based on which car had the most parts or which car was the most VIP'ed out, it was based on what the majority of the crowd liked the most. It had a full custom one-off lip kit, 20" Work VS-XX wheels in burning black finish with reversed lip (probably the only set in the U.S.), custom exhaust, etc....mods that the voters probably haven't seen on the newer 3rd gen GS, but were enough to make them choose the car as best Lexus. I can understand the point that you're trying to get across, and if this was a contest to see who had done the most to their car then it's clear that other cars should have won, but that wasn't the case...it was about which car looked the best in the crowd's eyes....and that just so happened to be a tastefully modded newer 3rd gen.

And to reiterate Solo's point, sometimes less is more.
Old 05-17-06, 05:38 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

now i want to apologize if i offended anyone. i just don't appreciate being taught how to fix up a car, especially when the arguments don't make any sense and there were some beautiful cars in the pictures that seemed more put together than that gs.
It's one thing to see a car by just a simple picture, and theres a whole different dynamic by judging a car in person. Sure it may look a certain way in pictures, but alot of people praised how well the car looked in person. Not everyone has the same tastes. Not many people have a New GS that is modified at all. It definitely drew a lot of praise by a fewToyota executives I spoke with that day and caught a lot of attention by people passing by. Not everyone may agree with it but it won the popular vote by the entrants at the meet.

Just out of curiousity, where are you from and what do you drive?
Old 05-17-06, 10:08 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

so ur telling me that the gs was the most put together car...did u even look at the other pictures that were posted? omg i'm not trying to put down the stock looking gs, but there were 2 black aristos in the pictures that looked they had a more complete look, not to mention that white ucf30, the silver ucf20, and the couple of wald ucf10's that could all be sited as good examples of cars that had the complete look.

how about breaking it down for me. lets see, 1.) that gs has work vsxx. great looking wheels, but compared to the silver ucf20's work rezax II's??? 'nuf said. 2.) the gs has a front lip kit. well...hmmm any of the wald cars had full kits. the jp ucf30 was tight. the silver ucf20 has jp and wise pieces. a front lip kit compared to full body kits that match...hmmmm. 3.) the gs has an exhaust. well i'll be damned so does the rest of the cars. 4.) the gs is fully loaded from lexus. well isn't that why you would buy a lexus over a honda civic? is that a surpise to anyone? u know what vip style is...right?

woah... if I sounded like I am "teaching" u how to mod a car, my apologies... totally not the intention.

All Im saying is simple. Mods should complement the car for the better. Some ppl have a great eye for enhancement, some do not. Ppl can purchase every part they can get their hands on, but it may not look good as a whole.

At the end, to each their own. You may completely disagree with me and that's ok. Im not here to claim anything... so put ur guns away and relax.

-sOlo-
Old 05-17-06, 10:15 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

SoCal Brotha's are the best!

-s-
Old 05-17-06, 11:50 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

platypus,

Since I do alot of shows I will chime in here. Toyotafest winners were voted by the entrants which voted on the car they liked. That was all the basis of this competition and I agree with others, that the newer car usually gets all the love because of how hard it is to find one modded out to that extent. At a real car show, ie... HIN ,showoff classic, nisei..etc there is a judging sheet which covers engine, interior, exterior, audio, rims, suspension, and custom work. You are judged on a 1-10 point scale in most cases and the points are added up. If one lacks the mods in one area, your points will be deducted, so usually the person with the most complete car will win.
Old 05-17-06, 01:24 PM
LEXFX
Driver School Candidate

Default Torc Pics

Pics From Toyofest
Attached Thumbnails 5/13 Toyotafest 2006 Results and Pics!!!-640dscn1993.jpg  

Last edited by LEXFX; 05-17-06 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-17-06, 01:25 PM
LEXFX
Driver School Candidate

Default Torc

Toyota Fest
Attached Thumbnails 5/13 Toyotafest 2006 Results and Pics!!!-640dscn1854.jpg  
Old 05-17-06, 01:30 PM
LEXFX
Driver School Candidate

Default Torc

Toyofest Pics
Attached Thumbnails 5/13 Toyotafest 2006 Results and Pics!!!-640dscn2000.jpg  
Old 05-17-06, 01:34 PM
LEXFX
Driver School Candidate

Default Torc

Very Nice Gen1 Gs
Attached Thumbnails 5/13 Toyotafest 2006 Results and Pics!!!-640dscn1947.jpg  
Old 05-17-06, 01:38 PM
LEXFX
Driver School Candidate

Default Torc

More Toyofest Pics
Attached Thumbnails 5/13 Toyotafest 2006 Results and Pics!!!-640dscn1863.jpg  
Old 05-17-06, 03:02 PM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

the GS and the LS definitely were the stars at the meet, and i really think the owners' hard work to their cars paid off, even tho there isn't any thing like price, magazine cover, or whatsoever in there, and congrats to them all. but it just seems to me that the SC owners or even the RX, ES and the rest of them got left out a little bit. hello we are in the lexus family too!!
the reason i say this car when ever there is a show, meet, etc, always the GS and LS with VIP this VIP that gets the spots lights, very rare a SC or others will get attention, especially going up against the VIP GS and LS is really tough. unless the car is completely wild, such as engine swap, drift spec, etc.
i have nothing against people's taste at all, they all have their own taste to what people do to their cars, and vote for their favorite, and pls just don't brag or trash talk other's rides, and just hope that one day people will pay more attention to the SC and others at meet like that.
Old 05-17-06, 03:10 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by soarer1023
the GS and the LS definitely were the stars at the meet, and i really think the owners' hard work to their cars paid off, even tho there isn't any thing like price, magazine cover, or whatsoever in there, and congrats to them all. but it just seems to me that the SC owners or even the RX, ES and the rest of them got left out a little bit. hello we are in the lexus family too!!
the reason i say this car when ever there is a show, meet, etc, always the GS and LS with VIP this VIP that gets the spots lights, very rare a SC or others will get attention, especially going up against the VIP GS and LS is really tough. unless the car is completely wild, such as engine swap, drift spec, etc.
i have nothing against people's taste at all, they all have their own taste to what people do to their cars, and vote for their favorite, and pls just don't brag or trash talk other's rides, and just hope that one day people will pay more attention to the SC and others at meet like that.
No offense but I think somebody has to tell you...

It is a bit hard to get the public to respect the SC class when your car looks like this.

Maybe you have bigger plans for your car, maybe you don't. Either way, you'll get respect when and where you will deserve it.

Quick Reply: 5/13 Toyotafest 2006 Results and Pics!!!