CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

F&F Tokyo Drift

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 07:07 PM
Cmedrift
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where were they filming i wanna drive by and smoke em ahahahah cmedrift bizatches......
Old 05-04-06, 07:18 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by guillermo
no matter how much i hate these movies
ill go watch it for the comedy
Yeah... I'll see it just because I am a car guy....

Stangely enough, I haven't seen 2F2F.... I did the wheels for the four Skylines that were used for filming (we made six identical sets of wheels, but Universal only took delivery of four sets). I wanted to go see it, then my friend Craig told me the Skyline was only in the first ten minutes of the film. The Skyline was one of the few cool cars in the movie as far as I can tell (even if it was painted silver with ugly blue stripes... I guess the art director thought it was a '69 Camaro).
Old 05-07-06, 08:27 AM
motorswaps
Rookie

The noob wants to go!!! Where is puente hills though?
Old 05-07-06, 12:41 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

same area as diamond bar, walnut, etc.
Old 05-07-06, 12:56 PM
Hi im SHON
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scredlex
i take that back LOL....hahah naw he was speeding. they had a reason..(those darn motorcycle cops)
who said i was speeding? the cop originally wrote me up for tint, i was just chillin at a red stoplight minding my own business. he just added on other stuff to the ticket.
Old 05-07-06, 04:41 PM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

Thumbs down

You guys and girls think they will have a drifting lex's in the flick,
I didn't see any on the preview.
Old 05-07-06, 06:50 PM
motorswaps
Rookie

not sure...it would be sweet to see the vertex edition if it IS in the movie though...
Thanks for the head up on the location, I will probably still need directions from the 5 though I am still pretty new to the area...
Old 05-24-06, 09:57 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Default ****update****

i have not forgotten about the meet to see the movie, but i do not have any information on the showing times. for those that are interested do you want to go opening night (friday) or sat afternoon? also puente hills mall is off the 60 freeway on fullerton road.
Old 05-27-06, 03:23 AM
Lexwang07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI! I am newbie Clublexus! I wanna meet clublexus members! I live at Rowland Heights.
Can I joint yo guys?
Old 05-27-06, 10:46 AM
GT PRO LS
Driver

We welcome you guys to join us:

I'm writing to let you know that changes have been made to our upcoming event, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift Meet at *The Block* in O.C..

The pricing structure has changed for renting theaters and requires paying full pop and buying out the whole theater of 399 seats. Due to that fact, I am going to stick with the original format of gathering on the opening Friday night (June 16th) at around 6pm and then seeing a show starting shortly after 9pm.

I am also working on some great raffle prizes from www.mvpmotorsports.com, Dyno Xtreme, RPS Performance Products, Powerhouse Racing, Boost Logic, GT Pro, HKS, Greddy, Brembo, MovieCarz.com, and many others.
Old 05-27-06, 01:39 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Sup Brian !! See you then !!

JAY
Old 05-27-06, 02:20 PM
GT PRO LS
Driver

Originally Posted by Jay
Sup Brian !! See you then !!

JAY
COOL!!
Old 05-27-06, 06:47 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by GT PRO LS
COOL!!

Hi Brian,

Boy I remember when I saw your car bone stock at gt pro! Keep up the good work!

-Bryan
Old 05-29-06, 09:27 AM
GT PRO LS
Driver

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Hi Brian,

Boy I remember when I saw your car bone stock at gt pro! Keep up the good work!

-Bryan
Yeah Bryan, it's been a while since I've seen you, and yeah the car has had MAJOR surgery. Also, the car is now in a few of the Falken Tire ads right now, Modified mag the car is using 2 pages for it;'s pic.
Old 06-01-06, 08:17 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Wink

Originally Posted by GT PRO LS
We welcome you guys to join us:

I'm writing to let you know that changes have been made to our upcoming event, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift Meet at *The Block* in O.C..

The pricing structure has changed for renting theaters and requires paying full pop and buying out the whole theater of 399 seats. Due to that fact, I am going to stick with the original format of gathering on the opening Friday night (June 16th) at around 6pm and then seeing a show starting shortly after 9pm.

I am also working on some great raffle prizes from www.mvpmotorsports.com, Dyno Xtreme, RPS Performance Products, Powerhouse Racing, Boost Logic, GT Pro, HKS, Greddy, Brembo, MovieCarz.com, and many others.
Not sure that you've RSVP'd yet Brian....

http://www.thefastandthefurious.com/

For those of you who don't know. We had a meet at the Block of Orange for the 1st movie and were pretty impressed with the results. We had two rows of 45 cars, a full row +1 of MKIV Supras, and a bunch of 300zx's and 3000gt's, etc. With a total of about 175 people attending the movie. And we raffled off probably $1500 in prizes.

For the 2nd movie we had about 300 people and close to 200 cars. 90+ MKIV Supras and everything from Skylines to Diablo's roll out.
I was late to my own meet driving straight from the body shop, so the cars were not organized in any fashion, and I think we gave raffled off some pretty cool stuff again.

Pics from the last 2 meets.

Having not really driven my Supra since the last F&F meet, I'm not overly excited to do a meet... But due to popular demand (increasing calls, emails and PM's) I figured that I'd better get on the ball and at least post up something. (EDIT: But having typed up synopsis's of the last 2 meets, I'm actually kind of getting excited about doing another meet.)

Date: June 16th 6pm
Cost: $10 for movie tickets, $15 for blocked of secured/monitored parking.

In past years, I've bought up several hundred tickets and we've gone to opening night shows... But there has always been the option of renting out an entire theater on Saturday mid-morning. I still like the idea of opening night, but thought I'd post a poll to determine interest.

*** PLEASE RSVP HERE. Anyone RSVP'ing from CL, please paypal me ahead of time. Or contact Brian to arrange payment. ***

Useless Random fact: The real APR Evo (feature in the movie posted) has my damn 295 Pilot Sport Cups all the way around. I bought them off of Matt A after USCC and then loaned them to APR for this past years USSC.

UPDATE:

Confirmed Date: Friday, June 16th.

I am also working on some great raffle prizes from www.mvpmotorsports.com, Dyno Xtreme, RPS Performance Products, Powerhouse Racing, Boost Logic, GT Pro, Greddy, Brembo, MovieCarz.com, APR and many others.

Last edited by rsa supra; 06-13-06 at 08:18 AM.

Quick Reply: F&F Tokyo Drift