CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

issues with lexus of glendale (from pearlpower)

Old 11-11-05, 09:10 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Unhappy issues with lexus of glendale (from pearlpower)

Nice little offer but perhaps you can work on the @iss poor service department you have there. Was there today for 4 HOURS today while being lied to about an alignment. Total time for the alignment? 8 hours! Time I was told when I dropped it off? 2 hours. Your parts department was good though.
Lee

Last edited by Pearlpower; 11-11-05 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-11-05, 10:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Nice little offer but perhaps you can work on the @iss poor service department you have there. Was there today for 4 HOURS today while being lied to about an alignment. Total time for the alignment? 8 hours! Time I was told when I dropped it off? 2 hours. Your parts department was good though.
Lee
lee you went to lexus dealership for alignment?!
Old 11-11-05, 10:22 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
lee you went to lexus dealership for alignment?!
Yep Henry. I do not care too much for tire shops for alignments. Never had good luck with them. Perhaps you can recommend someone Henry?
I called Longo but they said that a loaner car was 2 weeks out.
Old 11-11-05, 10:49 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lee
I'm sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with the service department, but Peter here is a salesperson and I doubt he has any voice in the service department. I would complain to the service manager, Michael. He is a nice guy and tries to be helpful. I'm sure he will be very interested in hearing your story.
And the good thing about Glendale is you can get a loaner at the last minute for any service, even simple oil changes. Longo does not give loaners for all services and there is a bit of a wait as well.
Good luck.
Old 11-11-05, 11:00 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks, but instead I am going to Lexus-Torrance on Monday. The way I figure it, Glendale Lexus had their chance to make it right today. Could have been just a very bad first experience which means there will be no second experience good or bad. I understand that you have nothing to do with service, but to me-Glendale Lexus is Glendale Lexus. After all-service is part of the selling experience as well. But to be fair there were a few good things about your dealership as well .
Lee
Old 11-11-05, 11:09 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Thanks, but instead I am going to Lexus-Torrance on Monday. The way I figure it, Glendale Lexus had their chance to make it right today. Could have been just a very bad first experience which means there will be no second experience good or bad. I understand that you have nothing to do with service, but to me-Glendale Lexus is Glendale Lexus. After all-service is part of the selling experience as well. But to be fair there were a few good things about your dealership as well .
Lee
Even if you go to another dealership, I'm sure Michael still will be interested in hearing your constructive criticism. Like I said he's a nice guy and seems genuinely concerned with making customers happy. Otherwise how will he ever know to improve things for the next customer who comes up the service driveway? I'd voice my opinion.
Also, people are human and they do make mistakes. Just because there is one bad apple at a company, it does not mean everyone is bad. Same as any place of business, not just dealerships.
Just my 2 cents after seeing how dealerships operate.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 11-11-05 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-11-05, 11:13 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

You are probably correct and I thank you for your concern. Sorry for hikacking the thread. It's just that it has been a while since I was treated like that.
Lee
Old 11-16-05, 06:34 PM
BSQRD
Driver School Candidate

Does the offer also go for special orders?

I hope Pearlpower's experience is a one time occurance. I'm going with a Lexus because I'm sick of the way other dealer service departments have treated me.
Old 11-16-05, 06:43 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BSQRD
Does the offer also go for special orders?

I hope Pearlpower's experience is a one time occurance. I'm going with a Lexus because I'm sick of the way other dealer service departments have treated me.
Depends on the dealership I suppose. Overall I have been treated far better by Lexus dealerships than of other makes. This place is just tooooo busy for their own good. When you pull in in the morning, nobody is there to guide you. You just stumble into someone that can assist you. I waited in the car loaner line for 13 minutes because I had no idea where else to go. No signs. My service advisor was not around. Then he showed up, finished paperwork, then waiting again in the same line for a loaner car. Then all of the above in my other post. I have found smaller Lexus dealerships to give a bit more personal experience instead of an assembly line. I am sure others have received great service there. Just not me. But..could have been a fluke.
Lee
Old 11-16-05, 07:29 PM
BSQRD
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like poor organization and/or planning. Didn't appear to be the typical Lexus rep. If I go down there this weekend to order my IS, I'll be checking out the service department. I'm curious about any other experiences anyone has had with this dealer. Would they be a good choice in SoCal to purchase a new IS?
Old 11-16-05, 11:10 PM
Insomnia
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BSQRD: If I was you.... I'd take my business to another dealership.
Old 11-17-05, 10:33 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I've read varying comments from the Lexus dealers and private shops in So Cal. Defintiely tell the service manager about your experience so they know what is happening to their clients. As Liz commented, it's human nature and there are problems along the way. No excuse when it happens to you but hopefully it is resolved well.

As Lexus becomes more popular service has been an issue and it's not the quick in-out it used to be. I had a discussion with a LX owner about his problems and his particular instance it was an oil change that took 6 hours even with an appointment.

Last edited by RA40; 11-17-05 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Brain and fingers not working...as usual.
Old 11-17-05, 05:50 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Depends on the dealership I suppose. Overall I have been treated far better by Lexus dealerships than of other makes. This place is just tooooo busy for their own good. When you pull in in the morning, nobody is there to guide you. You just stumble into someone that can assist you. I waited in the car loaner line for 13 minutes because I had no idea where else to go. No signs. My service advisor was not around. Then he showed up, finished paperwork, then waiting again in the same line for a loaner car. Then all of the above in my other post. I have found smaller Lexus dealerships to give a bit more personal experience instead of an assembly line. I am sure others have received great service there. Just not me. But..could have been a fluke.
Lee
Sounds like a Mercedes dealer I went to when I took the car in for service. Pulled up, look around for about 10 minute like a lost tourist without a camera until someone decides to come out and help. After talking to the advisor, sounded like it was his last day on the job b/c he didn't seemed to care because I had to be on my best behaviour and convinced him that something was wrong with my car and that I wasn't a schizo to make up a problem so I can visit the dealership....whew...breathe....
I just hope they take those survey seriously though.

My very first exp. with a lexus dealership wasn't that great but after complaining, they made it right, got to know some of the service advisor pretty well and took care of me many times

Oops, sorry for the hijack Pearlpower but if you were to go to another dealer blindly, what guarantee would you have? I'm not defending Glendale (never been there) but at least take Liz's advise (never even dealt with her personally) and vent/complain to the recommended service manager.
See if he can fix the wound, if not, then leave!!!
Old 11-18-05, 12:59 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks, but instead I am going to Lexus-Torrance on Monday.
Don't do it...they are not any better...they are actaully one of my least favorite lexus dealer...and unfortunately they are also the closet to me...parts is OK though. They also rarely have comp rental cars...

I would rather run out ot Lexus of Westminster than Lexus of South Bay. Maybe SM or BH lexus is better?
Old 11-18-05, 06:09 PM
MarkW2005

Holy smokes! 8 hours! you should raise your voice! In fact, next time they give you that B.S., fight back! Right-a-way! Be tough! Demand to see their boss NOW! If he doesn't get his butt over here in 5 min., blow up. Get confrontational! Make sure customers in the dealership can hear and see your outrage at such an explicit ripoff!

When the manager shows up, tell him what happen, tell him what you're upset about, and tell him to get the job done right...right now! No excuses! No delays! No B.S.!

There are a lot of crooks in LA. You just got to know how to deal with them.

Good Luck Buddy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: issues with lexus of glendale (from pearlpower)