CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Alignment Shops (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-11, 11:13 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

it's been posted before (search using key word "alignment").

i recommend cyrus @ JC auto house in temple city.

9237 Lower Azusa Rd
Unit O
Temple City, CA 91780

yelp gives them 4.5 stars out of 5, and quite a few socal CL members can vouch for cyrus' service and attention to details - especially so if you have suspension modifications.

on a related note, hugo @ firestone on amar and nogales has the lifetime alignment for cheap (~$120?). however, i brought my parents' X5 to them for alignment services, and although the printout shows that the alignment is within factory specs it now "mysteriously" pulls to the right. i'm hesitant to bring it back to them, but if i paid that much for a lifetime alignment i might as well make the most of it.

personally, if they can't get a factory stock car's alignment right, i question if they can get a modified car's alignment right - even if the print-out shows that the alignment is w/in factory specs...
Old 07-14-11, 12:26 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ I've never seen anyone have an issue Hugo's work. If there's an issue, call Hugo ASAP. He takes care of everyone that he hooks up, and if there's any issue Hugo will check it out and remedy the problem for sure. There's been a crazy amount of people taking their cars to Hugo for the alignment deal, i've seen 'em all from stock cars to slammed S2K's and hellaflush rides getting their getting alignment done there. If he/a tech made a mistake, they'll fix it.
Old 07-14-11, 12:57 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
^ I've never seen anyone have an issue Hugo's work. If there's an issue, call Hugo ASAP. He takes care of everyone that he hooks up, and if there's any issue Hugo will check it out and remedy the problem for sure. There's been a crazy amount of people taking their cars to Hugo for the alignment deal, i've seen 'em all from stock cars to slammed S2K's and hellaflush rides getting their getting alignment done there. If he/a tech made a mistake, they'll fix it.
i can speak from first-hand experience that i have no doubt hugo takes care of his customers. he's very courteous and professional and will try to address his customers' needs. however, taking a vehicle w/ modified suspension to firestone, you can't expect that they would be able to do much aside from trying to get said alignment as close to factory specs as possible.

at least w/ cyrus (and many other custom alignment shops), i can give him input on my desired settings, and he'll get it as close as i wanted given what he's working with.

short version is, if any CL member just needs a lifetime alignment, by all means go to hugo @ firestone in walnut. however, for more specific needs (short of the "darin @ west end alignment" preferred treatment), cyrus @ jc auto house is the place to go.

now, as far as my parents' X5, i plan to take it back there to correct the mysterious pulling to the right. i paid for it, after all...
Old 07-14-11, 01:52 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

I just spoke with Hugo, he confirmed he can do custom settings too his exact words were

"I'm good for all specs, they just need to have the ability to make all the adjustments"
Old 07-14-11, 02:05 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

^ i'll let others be the judge of that, but good to know.
Old 07-14-11, 06:35 PM
DRELOC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hugo at Firestone lowered car friendly?
Old 07-14-11, 09:50 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DRELOC
Hugo at Firestone lowered car friendly?
Yes it seems like everytime I go there hes got a slammed car on the rack. Lol hes one of the few that will make sure he gets it on the rack undamaged. His car is slammed on its nuts too so he knows whats up with lowered cars lol
Old 07-15-11, 02:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by kurency

i recommend cyrus @ JC auto house in temple city.

9237 Lower Azusa Rd Unit O
Temple City, CA 91780
I can vouch for JC Autohaus as well. If you care about your Lexus...Cyrus is the person to go to. He does have a Hunter alignment machine and will be a lot more thorough with dialing in the right settings for your car. If you just want an average alignment where the alignment tech just puts it in the "green" take it to Firestone.
Old 07-15-11, 09:09 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
I just spoke with Hugo, he confirmed he can do custom settings too his exact words were

"I'm good for all specs, they just need to have the ability to make all the adjustments"
Some techs are okay with it and some aren't. I've been to Firestones where the techs do not want to do anything other than what the computer says. On the other hand, I've met some that are very flexible and will align my car to my spec. And by spec, I mean numbers that I've chosen and they better appear on my sheet by the time they're done.

I had to go to 5-6 different Firestones just to find one good one. Lifetime warranty is great!
Old 07-15-11, 10:42 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

^ lifetime warranty is great - only if the technician is not only qualified but competent.

on a related note, hugo isn't the alignment technician. i think he's the manager, because another (much younger) technician was working on my parents' X5, and he looked a little... uh... "lost".

i feel bad for the kid, but it doesn't change the fact that i didn't get what i paid for the first time around. hopefully that'll change the second time around.
Old 07-15-11, 12:12 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by projectdna
^ lifetime warranty is great - only if the technician is not only qualified but competent.

on a related note, hugo isn't the alignment technician. i think he's the manager, because another (much younger) technician was working on my parents' X5, and he looked a little... uh... "lost".

i feel bad for the kid, but it doesn't change the fact that i didn't get what i paid for the first time around. hopefully that'll change the second time around.
Better yet call and ask Hugo when his best tech is available (i forget his name!!) but he will set an appointment for when he's in if you request it. There's a couple guys he told me about, but there's on in particular, that are just Japanese car magicians.
Old 07-30-11, 07:40 AM
sroks5
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

temple city auto is where I go. Good work, good price and very professional.
talk to Henry.
Old 07-30-11, 02:41 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I remember reading once "The factory camber and toe setting is better for the handling, but very bad on inside tire wear". Has anyone changed the alignment setting? if yes,what would be new camber and toe settings?
Old 08-24-11, 07:32 AM
UCLAJimmy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alignment shop

Does anyone know a good place that does alignment for a lowered car? Also, its not expensive too.
Old 08-24-11, 10:44 AM
BPVIP
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UCLAJimmy
Does anyone know a good place that does alignment for a lowered car? Also, its not expensive too.
714 tire in Westminster 714-881-7118 tell Dave ,Steve from BP sent yeh

Quick Reply: Alignment Shops (The Mother thread)