CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

TM Engineering- Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-05, 08:38 AM
MELGS300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM Engineering- Review

If anyone has had work done from Todd at TM Engineering, they can say he is a real stand up guy! I was recently there a few weeks ago and I ordered a whole new suspension. Tein CS to be exact. Todd really does good work! He really takes care of your car. When you have a conversation with him, he can point out the do's and the don't's that a shop should be doing. I had my Tein CS installed there and it only took him 2hrs. Not only that, my car was already pretty low and had the areo enhancement. Which made me concerned.. but leave it to Todd. No scratches or dings. Quite impressive. He also adjusted the ride height for me. Todd I will probably be back to have the front end lowered a tad bit more! But even after that, he replaced my stock rotors to the drilled brembo rotors and changed out all my brake pads to EBC green stuff at an affordable price. I even had a problem with one of my wheels and Todd help resolved the problem. Another shop did the install on my wheels and had over tighten a lug nut which eventually broke off, leaving half of the lug nut on the bolt. So in order to remove my wheel Todd had to drill out the bolt stud to break the lug nut and replaced it with a new bolt stud. What impressed me was, he was extremely careful not to damage my wheel! Todd really takes pride in catering to each customers rides. He treats it like his own! If you ever need a tune up or after market stuff for your Lexus, I would recommend contacting Todd at TM Engineering. He's got reasonable prices. Between service and parts! Thanks again Todd! Will be back to purchase the EDFC and the lower GS Suspension brace.
Old 08-16-05, 11:00 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, Todd does great work. The dude keeps extremely busy... if only he had two more "helper Todds..."
If anybody ever needed to be cloned, it's this guy!
Old 08-16-05, 12:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i will add my 2 cents as well. i have been doing to todd for almost everything on my cars for the past 3 yrs already, and up till this point i have yet to have one thing to pick on the work he has done on my car.

the thing i really like most about him is that he takes your car very seriously, and he treats your car just like his own, and he makes sure you understand what he's doing. a lot of other shops out there, you bring your car in and they just treat your car as just "another car coming in with money in the pessenger seat". they don't pay the same kind of attention to details on your car. by seeing todd work, i have noticed a lot of stuff that really give you the piece of mind how serious he is. some examples i can pull up:

- when he has to work on your door, he will just sit on the door sills area. go to other shops, a lot of them will sit on the edge of your seats. those are leather seats, by doing that you can easily wrinkle or damage the leather
- when putting on coilovers (tein), he will make sure the tein words show up at a certain orientation. practically it makes zero difference, but it's just a nice touch
- when he installed my ap racing, just to be sure, he used all his other bolts first to make sure everything fits perfect before opening up the bolts that came with the setup, to make sure everything is how he thinks.

it's a lot of stuff together, but when it comes to a point that you can even safely give your keys to him and let him work on the car over a weekend without worrying what happens to your car, that's how much trust i have in him
Old 08-16-05, 12:55 PM
r.maestas
Driver

HA!!! I drive from norcal to have work done on my car with Todd!

speakin of which i need to give him a call!!!

rolo
Old 08-16-05, 04:19 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am another who drives from NorCal to SoCal to Todd's shop and am very happy. I will be moving soon to SoCal just to be closer. LOL.

I am just kidding on the latter statement . I am moving but not because of Todd.
Old 08-16-05, 06:10 PM
White98ARISTO
Goldmember

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Todd has done most of my suspension work, and the one time I didn't take it to him, I wish i did. He is very carefully about everything he does, and like rominl said, "treats you car like it was his own." Will only take my car to Todd, IF , I can get a hold of him.

Tommy
Old 08-16-05, 06:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by White98ARISTO
Todd has done most of my suspension work, and the one time I didn't take it to him, I wish i did. He is very carefully about everything he does, and like rominl said, "treats you car like it was his own." Will only take my car to Todd, IF , I can get a hold of him.

Tommy
don't want to get into any details, but same here, the one time i didn't go to him, i really wish i did
Old 08-16-05, 06:41 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn you guys make me jealous!! Wish we had someone here that would take care of our cars like that. I cringe even bringing my car in for an oil change!

Jonny
Old 08-18-05, 08:55 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

This Todd guys seems like a really great guy, does he do wideband/dyno tuning?
Old 08-18-05, 09:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

he does a lot of race car setup and research for different companies, but he doesn't have a dyno in his shop.