CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Who parked thier Aristo next to my GS300 at work today? Why u gotta make me look bad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-05, 09:25 PM
vandymdmph
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who parked thier Aristo next to my GS300 at work today? Why u gotta make me look bad?

So I just got back from TM Engineering this weekend all exicted about my sweet new springs and wheels. My ride is lookin sweet. Couldn't wait to go to work and show her off. Had a great day at work and walk back to my car and what the F@%# do I see. A slammed british racing green ARISTO with full body kit, JDM grill, monitor in the dash, carbon fiber trim....blah blah blah...parked right next to mine.

Here is the problem...I was walking out with this cute girl from work to our cars. (Thought I'd just happen to take her by my car on the way to hers) As we get close she goes "WOW! Your lexus looks great! It is so sleek and I love the green!"

I was somewhat dejected and proceeded to explain to her that is most likely a GS300 just like mine with a swapped out grill and the word ARISTO in the trunk. (It didn't have the flatter true ARISTO rear fender so I think it was a fake and I coudln't see under the hood)

I am very proud of my ride and she loved it too no doubt but it was my first encounter with an ARISTO near where I live. I left my info on the guys car and hope to chat about his ride. He no doubt saw may car and parked next to...maybe to show off...maybe just to say Hi.

I am truly not pissed.....just think it was funny...especially right when I get back with my new mods.

Whoever you are...please come forward. You got a kill without even trying!

P.S. New pics of may car just got posted in the gallery and in the 1st gen thread.
Old 07-25-05, 09:47 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a funny story. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-25-05, 09:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hahha, i would hae keyed that car including the headlights and taillights and the leave!

j/k. sux man, but it's ok. to me it's more incentive to put more stuff on your car now
Old 07-25-05, 11:36 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, and usually I thought I was being nice when I park my Aristo next to other modded cars. I was thinking of "solidarity" and "brother in arms", that kinda thing....

....maybe I was invoking wrath and I didn't know it....
Old 07-28-05, 07:58 AM
RIPS
Driver School Candidate

Do you mean this car?

Just joking with you... I joined the site to say what's up and put up my input on the forums. I recognize some peepz here from another site. What's up NEO. It was also a pleasure seeing your car. Actually, that was an empty parking space and I didn't want to park at the top of the structure. besides, even if I had seen your car, I still would have stopped, got out and checked it out because it was lowered with new rims.... nice and shiney. I got the note you had left. Sorry couldn't make to the pub last night but it's because I don't leave the office till 830pm. I read this post and laughed out loud... sorry about shaking salt in your game. I was like oh no... I ruined his game... damn Aristo... LOL, my bust man. It's all good, to tell you the truth, I like the black paint on your car. I always wanted a black GS, but the pearl emerald green was a great color considering to went well with the two-tone tan interior. So what's up with the flat panel rear fender thing? I was lost when you said that. My wing overlaps my trunk lid if that's what you were talking about... but anywho, thanks for the note and gotta chat some time about our cars.

P.S. My car is still dirty LoL

Last edited by RIPS; 07-28-05 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-28-05, 09:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

haha so the truth is revealed? this is funny man, just make sure you guys don't have bad blood
Old 07-28-05, 10:11 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=RIPSJust joking with you... I joined the site to say what's up and put up my input on the forums. I recognize some peepz here from another site. What's up NEO. It was also a pleasure seeing your car.[/QUOTE]
You mean vandymdmph, right? It was his car you parked next to.

Welcome to CL, RIPS. That's a nice sig but unfortunately, I have to tell you that is is too big. Please check your PM. Thanks.
Old 07-28-05, 02:02 PM
RIPS
Driver School Candidate

it's all good NEO, this is twinturbo619 from the other site just incase you didn't know. But yeah, it's a small world. We've been leaving messages for each other on our cars lol... too funny, though I didn't see his car today. I'm always looking forward to meeting lexus enthusiast. I've met one so far and he drove all the way from the bay area.
Old 07-29-05, 08:46 PM
vandymdmph
Rookie

Originally Posted by RIPS
it's all good NEO, this is twinturbo619 from the other site just incase you didn't know. But yeah, it's a small world. We've been leaving messages for each other on our cars lol... too funny, though I didn't see his car today. I'm always looking forward to meeting lexus enthusiast. I've met one so far and he drove all the way from the bay area.
I'm glad to see others got a kick out our little "encounter". Welcome to CL brah. We had fun at that Shakespeare pub right off Washington St....shame you couldn't make it. I think you are on a totally diff schedule. As far as the rear bumper thing....I may be wrong...but from what I heard the stock bumper is different on the true Aristo in Japan....I can check on that or if somebody knows what we are blabbing about feel free to chime in.

Regardless, you ride is totally sick. Love it. If you come back to your where you parked it and your car isn't there.....you know who has it.

I'm glad you posted pics too...that was a nice touch!

P.S. Maybe just wash all that dirt of the hood