CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Speeding Ticket on the 91

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-05, 02:57 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont like alotta the CHP guys, because they need to some "real" police work like busting real criminals. They're like buncha glorified and punitive meter maids. A friend of mines father, who is an LAPD officer, went out with a buncha fellow officers and got pulled over by some rookie CHP guy. The LAPD guys got pissed off by how the CHP thought he was all bad ***.
Old 07-18-05, 04:30 PM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
If I am not mistaken, even with a voice recorder if its used without the consent of the party, it will not be introduced as an evident and will not be permissible in court. HOWEVER, it will not hurt to have it. A digital recorder is cheap and it can record up to 48 hours.
Only applies to phone conversations... Most cell phones now have a voice recorder. My next stop (knock wood) will be recorded and it will be interesting to hear their side of events in court.
Old 07-18-05, 04:37 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

im going to look on ebay for one then
Old 07-19-05, 09:59 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Yeah I think a lot of CHPs think they are bad ***.
Old 07-20-05, 12:48 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Even though there isnt a quota, I think a CHP officer must bring atleast some number of tickets back to show that theyre working and not joyriding on the highway all day. Unlike our local police dept I dont think they respond to stuff like domestic violence, homicide, theft and such.

Also, I think being a CHP cop is probably the most boring job in law enforcement. Other than pursuits, u just write traffic tickets and cruise on the freeway all day, all year. Talking about fatigue
Old 07-20-05, 01:14 AM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

CHP also provides security for diplomats & state officials.

Quotas are illegal, however there is a thing call career advancement. It should also be noted that there is a line in the state budget that forecasts "Penalties on Traffic Violations". You will also often find a similar line in city budgets too. IMHO, that wreaks of quotas when agencies are expected to fulfill forecasts.
Old 07-20-05, 01:48 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Even though I hate Arnold's politics, I really admire how hes trying to trim the state's budget by cuttin alotta these guy's benefits n pensions
Old 07-20-05, 11:22 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

created this subdomain to help california drivers. http://citation.lextreme.com
Old 07-20-05, 11:39 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Thay site says that most officers only have a highschool experience lol. I doubt thats true. Since its everythin is so competitive nowadays, dont u guys think that most of them do have a college education and/or military experience?
Old 07-20-05, 03:20 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

What part of the 91 was this? I travel it everyday. A good 30 miles of it.
Old 07-20-05, 03:43 PM
TCM080903
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
What part of the 91 was this? I travel it everyday. A good 30 miles of it.
ryan, i believe he was near the end of the 91 W (artesia blvd & vermont). i drive that area frequently, and have been lucky (thus far) in avoiding tickets. *keeping my fingers crossed*
Old 07-20-05, 04:22 PM
jaja
Pole Position

I think that area is notorious for the CHP, I have seen a number of vehicles pulled over as well around there... funny thing is that I see most of them pulled over at the END of the 91. I guess we should just drive carefully and keep our fingers crossed....
Old 07-20-05, 04:32 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Thay site says that most officers only have a highschool experience lol. I doubt thats true. Since its everythin is so competitive nowadays, dont u guys think that most of them do have a college education and/or military experience?
it's true that SOME only have high school experience. I know for a fact that many do indeed have college education and/or military experience.

All cops are NOT stupid as that site suggests..... many do hold BA/BS/ and some MA degrees. People with degrees get paid much more per month than those who do not. For example. with LA Sheriff, they pay you an average of $500 more for just having your BS degree.

It's weird, everyone hates cops until they dial "911." Then they're your best friends. They're just doing their job, protecting you, and everyone else. If you were speeding, and you got a ticket, you deserve it. No offense to anyone here.
Old 07-20-05, 05:57 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

From experience, you have a 50-50 chance of getting out of it just by getting an extension, and then contesting it and going to court. Chances are good he won`t show up and the case will be dismissed. I`ve done it and it works. There are other things you can do too, but way to lengthy to write out here. PM me if you want the info and we can talk over the phone. Cops do have "quotas" that they are expected to write so many tickets. They just don`t call it a quota. How do you think they keep there jobs?
Old 07-20-05, 09:31 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Not all cops have BS, MS or Ph D, If they have higher education degrees, they wouldnt on the street giving tickets. They would be doing administration. Street cops, CHP or Sheriffs in general most have HS diploma or GED. Yes, there are few have higher degrees, but the majority just have HS diploma. Two words.... Written Declaration. I won three so far and get 100% bail amount back and currently i am help my friends with theirs.

Last edited by Lextreme; 07-20-05 at 09:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket on the 91