CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-07, 04:06 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just got back from sixteen customs. had to knock on their garage door to see if anybody was home hahah. i got a good vibe from the place and was willing to work with my aftermarket lip. i might end up taking my car there. gonna check out marcos autobody first. kinda far but they come highly recommended.
Old 06-27-07, 10:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
just got back from sixteen customs. had to knock on their garage door to see if anybody was home hahah. i got a good vibe from the place and was willing to work with my aftermarket lip. i might end up taking my car there. gonna check out marcos autobody first. kinda far but they come highly recommended.
just make sure you mention ritsa refers you, hehehe

j/k. did you talk to hiro (the owner) in person? he's a very nice guy and he actually do a lot of painting.
Old 06-27-07, 11:24 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
just make sure you mention ritsa refers you, hehehe

j/k. did you talk to hiro (the owner) in person? he's a very nice guy and he actually do a lot of painting.
i forgot to ask his name, but i'm pretty sure it was the owner. he was a japanese guy... very nice too. it was only him and a girl there. he said one of his workers is sick and another is in japan... so it's just them 2 for the time being.
Old 06-28-07, 08:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
i forgot to ask his name, but i'm pretty sure it was the owner. he was a japanese guy... very nice too. it was only him and a girl there. he said one of his workers is sick and another is in japan... so it's just them 2 for the time being.
ah then it should be hiro since i just saw him the other day
Old 07-11-07, 09:24 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any updates. which body shop did you use?
Old 07-11-07, 10:44 PM
jaja
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got a estimate from hiro at sixteen customs... sounds like they are the place i'm bringing my wife's car...

only problem is i'm out of the country
Old 07-12-07, 12:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by jaja
got a estimate from hiro at sixteen customs... sounds like they are the place i'm bringing my wife's car...

only problem is i'm out of the country
definitely keep us posted how it goes so far he's gone great jobs on my cars, would be great to get more references
Old 07-12-07, 01:28 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

I see Henry still doing his late night work! lol!
Old 07-30-07, 11:41 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Default Body Shop questions

Hey guys

As some of you know, I got myself into an accident. I've been searching the forums far and wide for some body shop suggestions. I've come up with Joe at Backyard Creations and Kennedy at Premier Auto Collision.

Which one would you guys suggest? My parents are insisting I get it done at a Lexus dealer. I would rather get it done at a shop that has good references, such as Backyard. How expensive is Joe? I heard he has great work but can get pricey. I know the accident I got into but, still, I would rather it not get too pricey for me. Also, I've heard good things about Premier Auto Collision but apparently Kennedy (who everyone seems to be referring to) no longer works there?

Thanks in advance for any input, guys. I really need it!

-Justin

P.S. Never mind, Kennedy is still working at Premier. I guess he just isn't working today. Some unfortunate word choice by Hector, I guess!

Last edited by knihc2008; 07-30-07 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-30-07, 11:52 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

kennedy sold premier. he's opening up a new shop but won't be ready till another month or so? i guess that narrows down your decision to backyard.
Old 07-30-07, 11:54 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Oh I gotcha. I talked to Hector, who said that Kennedy would still be at Premier for a couple of months. He said Kennedy would be working on my car anyway?

Should I not go with Premier if Kennedy is unable to work on it? Joe at Backyard is moving to a new place as well, in a month, so I guess I am in the same boat either way...
Old 07-30-07, 12:03 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

when i took my car to kennedy back in end of may, he said he would stop taking in cars in the next week or so. so unless he's changed his mind, i don't think he's working on cars right now. i've also called the shop many times looking for kennedy about 2 weeks ago but he was never there, so if he's not there how can he be working on cars?

i've heard great things about marco's autobody. they have several locations too. my friend just got her car back from them, but we noticed a small nick in the paint on a part they replaced. we pointed it out to them and they said they'll take care of it. guess what they did to take care of it? they just used touch up paint to touch it up. at least they gave her the bottle of touch up paint hahah. she didn't really care cuz it was part of the lower rear bumper and she's not all that **** about her car anyways. if it was me, i wouldn't let that fly.

i was planning on taking my car to marco's but decided to go down the street to C&C per a friend's recommendation. they did a good job in the actual work they did, but little gripes here n there make it hard for me to personally recommend them.
Old 07-30-07, 12:07 PM
VIPLINE
AKA ATSOU

Take the car to Marco's. It's a big reputable shop, and they do nice work.

I've seen few cars painted by Backyard.....honestly, not worth the money he charged. U can get about the same quality work for at least 50% to 70% less in price.
Old 07-30-07, 01:06 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

So a definite no to Premier-without-Kennedy?
Old 07-30-07, 01:16 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by knihc2008
So a definite no to Premier-without-Kennedy?
i wouldn't... it's basically an entirely different shop now.

Quick Reply: Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)