CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-13, 10:22 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makito from Shine Auto Project

He has his own shop now in Torrance. Painted my SC300 complete and used only top of the line materials

http://www.yelp.com/biz/seven-apple-torrance
Old 09-29-13, 12:09 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Makito from Shine Auto Project
An excellent job.
Old 09-30-13, 01:02 PM
Bdub619
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone know if Platinum VIP does the headlight swap? 2006 IS350 going to upgrade to the 2012 DRL's. Looking for a shop in SoCal that has experience doing this. Thanks.
Old 10-08-13, 10:55 PM
1stGenIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't go check when it comes to paint, platinum vip does excellent work.
Old 10-08-13, 10:56 PM
1stGenIS
Driver School Candidate

A friend of mine had his s2000 painted at shine also and they did very good work also and paid very close attention to detail.
Old 10-11-13, 02:03 AM
Jordan_Inc
Lexus Test Driver

T & L Autobody in El Monte
Old 11-08-13, 04:16 AM
TonyHS
Driver

Looks like VIP is the most recommended. However I've been trying to get a hold of Kenny by phone and email yesterday without any luck. Maybe he's very busy with some projects or on vacation, has anyone worked with him recently? I've also looked for Backyard Creations, and they don't have their website anymore.

Who else is highly recommended? I'm also thinking about using Quigley's since I've seen a few recommendations for them and they have good reviews and they are close by.

I don't mind making a drive for outstanding work, however I am looking on getting the repair done quickly as I cant wait around. But my car is Starfire pearl and I suspect it's one of the more challenging paints.

The rear of the car was hit in a parking lot and I already know new parts and paint will need to be done.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Looks like I should check out Makito also?

Thanks

Last edited by TonyHS; 11-08-13 at 04:19 AM.
Old 11-09-13, 12:36 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TonyHS
Looks like VIP is the most recommended. However I've been trying to get a hold of Kenny by phone and email yesterday without any luck. Maybe he's very busy with some projects or on vacation, has anyone worked with him recently? I've also looked for Backyard Creations, and they don't have their website anymore.

Who else is highly recommended? I'm also thinking about using Quigley's since I've seen a few recommendations for them and they have good reviews and they are close by.

I don't mind making a drive for outstanding work, however I am looking on getting the repair done quickly as I cant wait around. But my car is Starfire pearl and I suspect it's one of the more challenging paints.

The rear of the car was hit in a parking lot and I already know new parts and paint will need to be done.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Looks like I should check out Makito also?

Thanks
I recommend Quigleys i had the same thing happen to my F and couldnt be happier with the work they did.
Old 11-09-13, 01:00 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

it's SEMA week, everyone important is in vegas.

Give them a call on Monday and I'm sure he can help you out.
Old 11-09-13, 10:49 PM
TonyHS
Driver

k, I was thinking there might be something going on. I'll check in with him on Monday to see availability. Katin, what color is your F? Is there anyone specific I should be asking for at Quigley's?
Old 11-11-13, 07:59 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TonyHS
k, I was thinking there might be something going on. I'll check in with him on Monday to see availability. Katin, what color is your F? Is there anyone specific I should be asking for at Quigley's?
Matador red mica. Ask for Mark
Old 11-12-13, 11:51 AM
SoSickG35
Driver

Check out my cousin shop that just open in the I.E

Banh Collision
8637 Cherry Ave
Fontana, CA 92335
(888) 909-5353

http://www.yelp.com/biz/banh-collision-center-fontana

ask for my cousin JOE and tell him jason sent ya he give you a discount
getting my whole car a makeover
Attached Thumbnails Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)-lexus.jpg  
Old 11-23-13, 06:07 AM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by loroko
I want to re-spray bumper, hood and fender , too many rock chips on my black IS250

Alliance collision quote me $1,250.00
Fountain bodyworks $1,200.00

What you guys think???
clear bra would run you the same cost. and your paint would not have rock chips.
Old 01-03-14, 11:38 PM
5150evh
Driver School Candidate

Default Gnarly Car Dent - Body Work In L.A. HELP!

Hey Guys,

First a foremost, I want to once again thank everyone who's helped me in the past here. You guys are great, I've learned a ton from you and I'm so glad this forum exists.

Anyway, to make a very long story short, my wife parked my Lexus LS430 and accidentally side-swiped it against a poorly located concrete column in our parking garage right next to my parking space Honest mistake on her part and she wants to fix it.

I'm a DIY'er, but I'm pretty sure I'm gong to need pro help on this one. It's a pretty long wavy dent with scratches about 16 inches high and probably 24 inches long. The worst of it can be seen in the picture here where there's a sharp hole and a tear.

Anyway, I know that body work in L.A. can be stupidly expensive. So before I go out and start getting quotes, I want to know a.) any reputable body work dealers out there in So Cal? I know there has to be good guys out there who do solid work at a reasonable price. b.) Anyway to minimize the cost (i.e. if someone agrees to do the job, but I can order parts, paint, etc. online that they can use to do the job without making me eat dealer prices on parts) c.) Any other advice?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)-image.jpg  

Last edited by 5150evh; 01-03-14 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-03-14, 11:39 PM
5150evh
Driver School Candidate

Here's the whole thing...
Attached Thumbnails Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)