CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Does anyone live in Corona or surrounding areas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-05, 02:14 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Does anyone live in Corona or surrounding areas?

I'm contemplating moving to the area. No set plans, though, and it may never happen. At this point, I am only doing research. Since I don't live in SoCal, I can't just run out there for a peek.

I am just curious about the area in general, as far as population/demographics, people, stores, schools, businesses, ...

Any insight is welcomed. Thanks.
Old 06-01-05, 02:40 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Diamond Bar and Corona is about 10-15 miles away. It's not a bad area and its not an extremely good area. Its sort of in the middle like a San Jose so to speak.
Old 06-01-05, 05:33 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Chris. Corona is a nice area. The older parts are not as great but the newer developed parts are. Corona is the 3rd largest city here in Riverside County. Traffic sucks as I have to drive through there everyday on the 91 freeway right after the 15 into the O.C. Other than that, it's a booming city and the median home price there is in the 400-500 range. If I had a choice, to move anywhere in SoCal at this moment, Corona would be on my list.
Old 06-01-05, 08:41 AM
stock4now
Rookie

Default corona

Hello,

From what I have seen of Corona so far, it's a pretty good place. There is a lot of development going on and many restaurants are opening up in the area. If you stay within the south side of corona, you should be pretty happy. Traffic is like Sunset Blvd on a saturday night. From what my girlfriend tells me, the school district is pretty good. There are malls near by like Ontario Mills and Victoria Gardens. Since there are so many new developments, you should come down and check it out.

Being a Pasadena boy, the only draw-back the incessant traffic. Other than that, I give it a
Old 06-01-05, 09:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Chris. Corona is a nice area. The older parts are not as great but the newer developed parts are. Corona is the 3rd largest city here in Riverside County. Traffic sucks as I have to drive through there everyday on the 91 freeway right after the 15 into the O.C. Other than that, it's a booming city and the median home price there is in the 400-500 range. If I had a choice, to move anywhere in SoCal at this moment, Corona would be on my list.
ryan, so in your opinion, if driving from coronna to say carson area, during normal weekdays, how long is the drive doing to be? this is durnig normal work hours, back and forth
Old 06-01-05, 09:08 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
ryan, so in your opinion, if driving from coronna to say carson area, during normal weekdays, how long is the drive doing to be? this is durnig normal work hours, back and forth
From Corona to Carson it's about 35-40 miles. Roughly a 45 minute drive w/o traffic. Carson is 65 miles from my house about an hour drive w/no traffic.
Old 06-01-05, 12:16 PM
lexsterES
Pole Position

The future from L.A. the more traffic you will get. I believe the afternoon traffic is worse than the morning. You have to remember that a lot of people who live in the riverside area commute to the L.A. area for work so that is where you get the heavies traffic.

Sorry but 35- 40 mins from corona to Carson sounds like a wish wanting to come true….
Old 06-01-05, 12:42 PM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 10 mi south of the 15/91 crossing. Traffic can get pretty bad here, but it is consistent with most places in SoCal. It takes me 45-60 min to get to the Disneyland area as a reference. Here to Carson is a long long drive.

Much of the developments now are around the 15/91 area. Shopping & entertainment is starting to come around these parts. 4 yrs ago there was nothing out here.

Here is the major development just south of the 91:
http://www.doslagos.net
Old 06-01-05, 12:58 PM
Neo
The One

Good info guys. I am definitely looking at the new developments and not older homes. I don't mind developing areas as that is what I'm used to.

We moved into our current home when the immediate area was just about to boom. It is a predominantly middle-upper class area. People, in general, are very cordial and respectful to one another at shops, restaurant, and on the streets. The neighborhood is nice and I know all my neighbors. Our kids play together. My kid's elementary school is new ans got done the year after we moved in. It is across the street so taking them to school has been a breeze. I am in search of a similar area.

It is pretty ideal here but it is about time for a change. We have some family down there (as well as here so it is a toss up). It is also time to cash in the equity on this home and lessen the mortgage by buying into another up and coming area.

It sounds like traffic will be a bear. (The 1 hr drive to Carson is still shorter than my current drive to Carson. ) Most of you seem to be pretty positive about the living area, though, and that is a good sign. We'll be down in at the end of the month and we will definitely go out to take a look at some of the different builders.

If more people have other opinions and info, feel free to chime in.

Thanks to those who have replied so far.
Old 06-01-05, 01:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

1 hr drive to carson, ummm i wonder if that's acceptable to my wife

we are thinking about getting a house in LA area as well, seems like a bit driving is unavoidable huh
Old 06-01-05, 01:35 PM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

There is tons of development in places like Irvine and Tustin, it seems you cannot throw a rock without hitting a house under construction.

Take a look in Long Beach as well.
Old 06-01-05, 02:01 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by rominl
1 hr drive to carson, ummm i wonder if that's acceptable to my wife

we are thinking about getting a house in LA area as well, seems like a bit driving is unavoidable huh
Want to be neighbors?

ShadyJC, thanks for the suggestions. We will look to see what is being newly developed in those areas.
Old 06-01-05, 02:30 PM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

no offense to you inland empire residents, but i work in north corona, and i have to say air quality out here is worse than downtown LA.

if you are moving out to corona i would say to definitely look in the southern areas. if you can get over the hills south of the 91 you will breathe much cleaner air...
Old 06-01-05, 04:36 PM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very true about air quality. It can get pretty bad in Corona, but when you go south, it's not as bad.
Old 06-01-05, 08:15 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by ntran18
Very true about air quality. It can get pretty bad in Corona, but when you go south, it's not as bad.
That's interesting. A few miles and the air changes.

Quick Reply: Does anyone live in Corona or surrounding areas?