CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Anyone in the San Diego area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 11:39 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Originally Posted by soarer1023
hey SD fellows, for those who had been to karl strauss, i didn't a search on that and there are a few kral strauss, which one u guys think taste the best. since i m down at SD this weekend, possible going to dinner there. thx
The menu is basically the same at all of them. If you're looking for one with the nicest ambience, then I'd say the one in Sorrento. Only thing about the one in Sorrento is that it closes rather early compared to their other locations. My 2nd bet would be to go to the one in La Jolla...it's just in a a nice area, overall...it's close to all the shops and within walking distance of the La Jolla Cove.
Old 04-22-05, 12:57 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll second the Karl Strauss in Sorrento. They have a Japanese garden thing going - very nice ambiance.
Old 04-22-05, 04:19 PM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool thx alot
Old 07-22-05, 02:22 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I'm resurrecting an older thread but I just wanted to send out thanks to those that suggested sites to see and do in and around SanDiego!! My and the wife had a fabulous time! San Diego is absolutely beautiful!

We did quite a bit while there..... Sunset Cliffs (brought the champagne and everything)..you have to remember, we dont get to see sunsets over the water on the East Coast!
Drove up to Torrey Pines and saw the golf course. Saw someone in a black SC300 in that area. Looked to be 2 guys with 2 girls in the car. Hope it was a CL member.
Caught a Padres game (even though they lost to LA )
Took a boat tour of the bay
Toured the USS MIDWAY
Spent a few evenings in gaslamp.....drinks & music
Discovered quite possibly the greatest sandwich I have ever had, the roast pork sandwich with melted jack cheese on sourdough from the Cheese Shop
Took a trip to Tijuana
Played a round of golf at Riverwalk
Visited Qualcomm Park
Ocean Kayak trip to the LaJolla caves

Damn!! we did alot!!! Thanks again for the suggestions guys! I hope to make it out there again real soon!

Old 07-22-05, 02:34 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMN! you did do a lot, thats what i call making the best out of a trip. good times !!!!!
Old 07-23-05, 02:47 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Glad to hear you had such a good time here!
Old 07-25-05, 12:34 PM
house66
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Town Update

Just a update on Old Town, Casa Bandini isn't there anymore. I was there this weekend and I guess Old Town has gone though some changes. There is a Casa Guadalajara and another resturant but no Casa Bandini. I would suggest La Pinata on Juan St as an alternative, thier food is good and resonably priced and it is not as crowded as the resturants in the Bazaar Del Mundo area.

I would also suggest El Agave, it is more of a fine dining experience so do not expect burritos, taco and tostadas. The food is excellent and thier margaritas were voted best in San Diego. It is a little hard to find in that it is on the far end of Old Town above a liqour store.

Enjoy!

QUOTE=1gs430]Hi there. For many people from the East Coast, once they visit San Diego, it turns into a one-way trip. I have golfed at many courses and a great resource for places, directions and costs is www.golfsd.com . I use that site alot. I second Donovan's Chop House in La Jolla or Ruth Chris's downtown if you're into steak. I'm also in my thirties and here are a few places I take out of town guests: Old Town (Casa Bandini for margaritas and original mexican food), the USS Intrepid aircraft carrier museum, Seaport Village next door to USS Intrepid, anywhere in the Gaslamp district on any night, Tiajuana if you're daring enough, Horton Plaza downtown for great shopping and Rosecrans National Cemetary on Point Loma for the best views of downtown San Diego and the ocean. If you can't get onto Torrey Pines (use a broker) then try La Costa, Maderas or Steele Canyon. Have a great time and let me know if you need any info, I've lived here the last 20 years.[/QUOTE]