CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Good Restaurants & Food Near Your Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-05, 10:20 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ATSOU
The Boat is good.... I go down there alot. I even saw GSXOTIC there once (well, actually I see him everywhere.....WHAT THE COW?)

Easy there tiger!! hahahaha.... we have the taiwanese bond.... That persian food is on the north of South Coast (north of Norstrom) and right across the US Bank. You got to try it, that place is the bomb!!!

Mike (RA40): Sounds like you are in Cerritos area quite often if you pass by Guppy all the time. I used to hang out there much since my friend owns that place. Maybe you and I and other members can have a small meet there to show those punk a$$ honda or scion about the lexus pride. heehee
Old 01-15-05, 10:25 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Very nice place, very nice view. Don't care for the manditory valet parking though.
I had my wedding there last 4th of July....
Old 01-15-05, 10:34 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles over on Pico...

Lawry's over on La Cienega...

and i can't think of any other good places i've been...

i eat out too much...it's hurting my wallet...
Theres a bunch of good restaurants on La Cienega.

Lawrys, Stinking Rose, Mortons, ********....to bad the roads suck around that area
Old 01-15-05, 10:42 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

B, any good Korean restaurants in K-Town beside The Blink, The Point, New York New York....etc. I want good food........girls come second
LOL E, those aren't restaurants, they're all drinking cafes. Any particular type of Korean food you're looking for? Korean BBQ? Tofu casserole? Let me know and I'll give you a list of good restaurants.

Originally Posted by Lord of the Celsiors
dont let your girl see this
Old 01-16-05, 11:25 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BR1AN
LOL E, those aren't restaurants, they're all drinking cafes. Any particular type of Korean food you're looking for? Korean BBQ? Tofu casserole? Let me know and I'll give you a list of good restaurants.

I like Korean BBQ..........
Old 01-16-05, 11:31 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Soot Bull Jeep on 8th and Catalina. They use real mesquite charcoal, not a gas grille. They have a sort of "eat and get out" mentality, but they have every right. The food there rocks. Under $20 per person. The short ribs (the best choice there) includes soup, rice, and several side dishes. Just the basics, spinach, kim chee, spicy radish, garlic, miso. It's a hole in the wall though. Your clothes smell like BBQ when you get out, but it's well worth it. They also have Korean Soju. The LA Weekly put in on their "Best Of" list a few times. Go hungry as it is a lot of food.
Old 01-16-05, 11:38 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Eric, free up your next saturday night and I will take you to the Korean BBQ in Garden Grove close to Super Autobach. A combination which comes with tons of meat and alcochol for just 49.99. I guarantee you will fall in love with that place!!!! (by the way, there are no hot girls there so feel free to bring your gf because I will bring my wife!)
Old 01-16-05, 05:46 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lord of the Celsiors
Theres a bunch of good restaurants on La Cienega.

Lawrys, Stinking Rose, Mortons, ********....to bad the roads suck around that area
Better Bring some extra breath mints if you're going to Stinking Rose.
Old 01-16-05, 05:50 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BR1AN

Hahahah.. Brian... Support the nation my brotha !! But I'm so sickin tired of Korean BBq, especially owned one for 5 years !! My whole body smells like Galbi...heehee.
Old 01-16-05, 11:06 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Eric, free up your next saturday night and I will take you to the Korean BBQ in Garden Grove close to Super Autobach. A combination which comes with tons of meat and alcochol for just 49.99. I guarantee you will fall in love with that place!!!! (by the way, there are no hot girls there so feel free to bring your gf because I will bring my wife!)
Went to the Persian restaurant today.............good place man
BTW....sorry bro, I'm going up to Seattle this weekend. Let's find another weekend....BUT u can't drink man!!!
Old 01-17-05, 01:15 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Longo Lexus
Soot Bull Jeep on 8th and Catalina. They use real mesquite charcoal, not a gas grille. They have a sort of "eat and get out" mentality, but they have every right. The food there rocks. Under $20 per person. The short ribs (the best choice there) includes soup, rice, and several side dishes. Just the basics, spinach, kim chee, spicy radish, garlic, miso. It's a hole in the wall though. Your clothes smell like BBQ when you get out, but it's well worth it. They also have Korean Soju. The LA Weekly put in on their "Best Of" list a few times. Go hungry as it is a lot of food.
Elizabeth is right about the place being a hole in the wall....it literally is, so I wouldn't suggest taking your g/f there unless she doesn't mind ghetto places, and also if she doesn't mind inhaling a lot of smoke...it gets pretty stuffy in there due to weak ventilation. Other than all of that, they have good food for a reasonable price.

If you want to go somewhere with better food and a better atmosphere, you should check out Chosun Galbi on Olympic and Manhattan. They're a bit pricey at $30-40 per person, but the quality of the beef they serve is worth it.

If you want all you can eat BBQ for $15 per person, then you can drive down 1 or 2 streets on Olympic (I think the cross street is either Gramercy or St. Andrews) to Manna. They have the place set up like some of the BBQ restaurants in Korea, you basically get to eat outside under a covered canopy...there's outdoor heaters so you don't have to worry about being cold at night. I suggest getting there before 7pm otherwise you might have to wait....that place gets pretty packed on weekend nights. And FYI, the majority of the crowd is early to late 20's...there's usually some decent looking ladies there everytime I go.
Originally Posted by Jay
Hahahah.. Brian... Support the nation my brotha !! But I'm so sickin tired of Korean BBq, especially owned one for 5 years !! My whole body smells like Galbi...heehee.
LOL Jay! Your g/f probably can't get enough of your scent.

Last edited by BR1AN; 01-17-05 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-17-05, 07:30 AM
Cash Man
Driver School Candidate

Default Stinkin' Rose

Breathe mints?!? You better bring Breathe Assure, some cologne. It's so dang good with all that Garlic though. I just can't stop.
Old 01-17-05, 10:10 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I also second LexAristo's suggestion for the Block at Orange, i've been there and liked it.

and there's a TON of Vietnamese places in Westminster.

another place: Yankee Doodle's on the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica.
Old 01-17-05, 12:41 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

GSXOTIC- A Lexus meet at Guppy Tea House would be nice.

Talking about hole in the wall, Sibiens (sp) located in downtown Whittier is a find if you like Armenian food. The marinated shishkebab is

Again, if you guys get out to Corona Del Mar, stop in at Cafe Pannani, after we finished our meal there yesterday, we saw a red Enzo scream through the intersection of Avocado and Coast Highway. I've not heard one of these engines and to hear this one at about 6K RPM's was an experience.

Not to mention seeing varieties of Porsches, Ferraris, Lambo's...

Last edited by RA40; 01-17-05 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-18-05, 04:18 PM
kingkong5
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
I live in Garden Grove and would love to check this place out. Took the wife to Shen Shin Gumi on Saturday, we loved it! Thanks for the advice on that place, it was totally worth going. They were having a 4th anniversary sale, Hakata Ramen bowl for $3! It came with a few slices of the BBQ pork, ginger, green onions, so good!

My wife says that any advice on restaurants we get from So Cal ClubLexus from now on, we can try it out that's a real compliment, coming from her.

Quick Reply: Good Restaurants & Food Near Your Area