CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Good Restaurants & Food Near Your Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-05, 09:39 AM
Cash Man
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LBC Eats

Long Beach has a ton of great restaurants, here are a few of my favorites:

L'Opera http://www.lopera.com

Cafe Gazelle
191 LaVerne Avenue
562-438-5033

Delius http://www.deliusrestaurant.com/home2.htm
(Set 7 course meal, but has a small wine list)
Old 01-10-05, 10:29 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Take her to "The Block" in Orange County to shop and eat. There is also the Irvine spectrum with good food and shopping.

I'm planning to take my friend Sally to the Fashion Island shopping area in Newport Beach and then for some food. You should check out that place.
No can go man!!! The Block, Irvine Spectrum and Fashion Island were the places I went with my ex-girl all the time & my current girlfriend are VERY SENSITIVE about that......WTF???
Old 01-10-05, 10:40 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

YOU SUCH A DOGG !!!!

JAY
Old 01-10-05, 12:13 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ATSOU
No can go man!!! The Block, Irvine Spectrum and Fashion Island were the places I went with my ex-girl all the time & my current girlfriend are VERY SENSITIVE about that......WTF???

does that mean u can't take her to ur bedroom?
Old 01-10-05, 12:34 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CarlssonLS400
does that mean u can't take her to ur bedroom?
Hehe.......the bedsheet is clean though.....
Old 01-10-05, 12:38 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Here are some great spot for you, Eric:

Fountain Valley - Shin Sen Gumi (South of the 405fwy off Brookhurst next to a pizza place, 714-962-8952)
Newport Beach - Abe Restaurant (Off south 55fwy after you pass PCH, bomb a$$ place but make sure you bring your credit card!) - oh yeah, you will pass the Yard House on Triangle Square
Costa Mesa - Morton's Steak House (reservation required)
Costa Mesa - Daria (Persian food, excellent food!)
Costa Mesa/Santa Ana - Little Onion (if you like Mexican food, the salsa is hot!)
Costa Mesa - Scott Seafood
Costa Mesa - Club House (right at the entrance to the South Coast Plaza. Don't forget the desert!!!)
Cerritos - Guppy Tea House (Owned by my friend, some authentic taiwanese/chinese food and lots of punk a$$ kids will stared at your car for sure!)
Fullerton - The Cellar (Oh my god,,,,,,, you need to take your gf there. You will get lots of love that night!!!!!)

Way too many placessssssssss...............
Bro......u eat out too much man.......
Where is the Persian Restaurant?

I like exotic food and MEAT!!! Nice Steakhouse anyone?
Old 01-10-05, 01:15 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by indelible
The Boat, best thai food restaraunt ever. It's off the 60 fwy, exit fullerton, in the Diamond Plaza, can't miss the big sign thing from the freeway. Diamond Plaza has a lot of food places, an arcade, LAN center, and one of those Sanrio-ish stores for the girls.
The Boat is good.... I go down there alot. I even saw GSXOTIC there once (well, actually I see him everywhere.....WHAT THE COW?)
Old 01-10-05, 02:37 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

The Boat is good.... I go down there alot. I even saw GSXOTIC there once (well, actually I see him everywhere.....WHAT THE COW?)

I parked next to GSxotic once. hahaha
Old 01-10-05, 02:38 PM
Wald GS

Good thing I don't have an official "gf". I can go anywhere. hahah Good luck bro!
Old 01-10-05, 02:51 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

If you get that far south, Mortons has also been on my list.

Scott's has steaks though I've been disappointed the last two trips there. The Chilean sea bass has always been a fav of the Mrs. along with the hearts of romaine salad.

Thaifoon in Fashion Island has some tasty food. The beef is prime graded and I've been pleased thus far. Portions are pretty good and I felt I got what I paid for.

Little Onion is nice as Mark stated. The parking leaves some to be desired and I usually wind up parking against the block wall behind the restaurant. Watch-out during the summer, the A/C doesn't always cool the place comfortably.

Last edited by RA40; 01-10-05 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-10-05, 04:07 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Thanks so much for everyone's input........ Great help...!!!
My favorate places are: TAIKO Japanese Restaurant in Irvine, KAMON Japanese Restaurant in Rowland Hts. Buca de Bippo in all areas. There is a Japanese pancake (Okonomiyaki) restaurant in Lomita is nice & fun. Proto's Bakery in Glendale.
Of course, Costco hot dogs & chicken bakes........& the ice cream bar....cheap too
Old 01-11-05, 12:03 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks so much for everyone's input........ Great help...!!!
My favorate places are: TAIKO Japanese Restaurant in Irvine, KAMON Japanese Restaurant in Rowland Hts. Buca de Bippo in all areas. There is a Japanese pancake (Okonomiyaki) restaurant in Lomita is nice & fun. Proto's Bakery in Glendale.
Of course, Costco hot dogs & chicken bakes........& the ice cream bar....cheap too

Haha..I love costco dogs too. Costco Deli is the best place to take a girl for a date.
But you can just go inside and get 50 dogs and 50 buns for less than 10 bucks.

I personally think The Boat is overrated.
I am a bit traditional and my favorite restaurant (not really a restaurant, more like chinese fast food) is in 99 ranch market located on Nogales in Rowland Heights. Bananna Boat Cafe, get the eggs n tomatoes...

Besides that I tend to go to (ok I forgot the name but it is by the Old costco on Azusa and Gale. Its the restaurant right by the street decorated in rainbow colors..pretty good food!
Old 01-11-05, 06:57 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

THE BEST STEAKHOUSE IN THE WORLD !!! (Seriously)

STEVENS Steak house and grill
5332 Steven place
Atlantic and santa ana freeway 5
Commerce, ca 90040
323-723-9856

THE BEST SUSHI Place

KANPAI Sushi and Grill
8325 Lincoln Blvd
LA, CA 90045
310-338-7223 ASk for Peter.....tell him Jay sent ya !! and order sake in a Bamboo bottle.

THE BEST hotdog place

Fullerton CostCo outside vender. Look for Heather... DAMN she's hot....so hot that I can ^%$ her out !!!!! heehee...

Good luck !!
JAY
Old 01-11-05, 09:50 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jay

THE BEST hotdog place

Fullerton CostCo outside vender. Look for Heather... DAMN she's hot....so hot that I can ^%$ her out !!!!! heehee...

Good luck !!
JAY
Does she work on the weekends?
Old 01-11-05, 10:14 AM
Wald GS

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Haha..I love costco dogs too. Costco Deli is the best place to take a girl for a date.
But you can just go inside and get 50 dogs and 50 buns for less than 10 bucks.

I personally think The Boat is overrated.
I am a bit traditional and my favorite restaurant (not really a restaurant, more like chinese fast food) is in 99 ranch market located on Nogales in Rowland Heights. Bananna Boat Cafe, get the eggs n tomatoes...

Besides that I tend to go to (ok I forgot the name but it is by the Old costco on Azusa and Gale. Its the restaurant right by the street decorated in rainbow colors..pretty good food!
That restaurant is called Tasty House which the son operates that one. The father and mother operate the Tasty Choice on San Gabriel Blvd, just before Las Tunas.

Quick Reply: Good Restaurants & Food Near Your Area