CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Cali stay safe! tree fell on my car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-04, 01:52 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cali stay safe! tree fell on my car!

just wana say be safe and park your cars somewhere safe, a tree fell onto my driveway and barely touched my SC, I was lucky it wasnt any further out because it woulda nailed my car's back window and trunk

how are the rest of you guys doing? I was in Santa Ana today and the roads were a mess, I thought my car would be safe in SD
Old 12-29-04, 08:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

man, that was close.

not sure about socal (i have to call my wife to find out) but here in norcal it's not much better, a lot of rain and flodding in places. even my company parking lot (big) flooded, i was like wtf....
Old 12-29-04, 09:36 AM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

yeah. not fun over here but at least no tsunamis
Old 12-29-04, 12:26 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damaged the roof in my house.

Ironicaly I was looking for a pinetree for new years and tonight I had one land on top of my house. Am I trying to see the positive in a negative event or what?
Old 12-29-04, 01:54 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This rain sucks majorly, and me having bald rear tires isn't helping matters. I read somewhere that a tornado touched down in Inglewood...A tornado in Inglewood????....WTF??

...tsunamis, massive rain in SoCal, thunder and lightning, a tornado, a stupid war, what the heck is going on in the world???
Old 12-29-04, 02:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
This rain sucks majorly, and me having bald rear tires isn't helping matters. I read somewhere that a tornado touched down in Inglewood...A tornado in Inglewood????....WTF??

...tsunamis, massive rain in SoCal, thunder and lightning, a tornado, a stupid war, what the heck is going on in the world???
are you serious? you got the links anywhere? if it's really a tornado, it gotta be on the news

and man... day after tomorrow?
Old 12-29-04, 02:27 PM
TCM080903
Pole Position

yeah, there was a tornado watch for PV, Rolling Hills, Torrance, San Pedro last night. i was pretty shocked too. it was just really windy & rainy for several hours last night. nothing majorly bad happened. whew!

but like someone else said above, at least we're not suffering from major tsunamis & earthquakes. i can't even imagine how horrible it is over there right now...
Old 12-29-04, 02:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TCM080903
yeah, there was a tornado watch for PV, Rolling Hills, Torrance, San Pedro last night. i was pretty shocked too. it was just really windy & rainy for several hours last night. nothing majorly bad happened. whew!

but like someone else said above, at least we're not suffering from major tsunamis & earthquakes. i can't even imagine how horrible it is over there right now...
talk about scared, norcal is way overdue for a big quake already (all experts say that)
Old 12-29-04, 03:19 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I saw the thing on tv about tornado warnings, too. The first thing that crossed my mind was, The Day After Tomorrow. Crazy crazy crazy!
Old 12-30-04, 10:14 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Unhappy

Originally Posted by rominl
are you serious? you got the links anywhere? if it's really a tornado, it gotta be on the news

and man... day after tomorrow?
Check it out. I'm in Inglewood and Ladera Heights all the time. Man this is scary, I drove through there yesterday after work and trees were strewn everywhere...

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/365/...s_twist:.shtml

I saw where some person in Inglewood had their roof ripped off by this twister...WTF???
Old 12-30-04, 10:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

man this is sooo unreal.... scary stuff
Old 12-30-04, 03:01 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Two of my big trees on my driveway fell on my dad's 24-ft fishing boat......Those trees are 20 ft tall.
Guess no more fishing for my pop
Old 12-30-04, 03:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

man you guys all live very close to each other, or the affected area was very broad?
Old 01-03-05, 11:47 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
man you guys all live very close to each other, or the affected area was very broad?
Good question, let's see. I live on the border of LA/Beverly Hills kinda near the Beverly Center, but I visit friends in Inglewood, LaDera Heights, Westchester, Hawthorne, etc. all the time. I'd say my usual area is bordered by Wilshire to the north, Rosecrans to the south, Figueroa to the east, and the beach to the west.

This weather is freaky though, my basement flooded and it ended up drowning our water heaters. Spent the weekend having 2 new water heaters installed and having the basement door reinforced so as not to let in so much water...sheesh...
Old 01-04-05, 01:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Good question, let's see. I live on the border of LA/Beverly Hills kinda near the Beverly Center, but I visit friends in Inglewood, LaDera Heights, Westchester, Hawthorne, etc. all the time. I'd say my usual area is bordered by Wilshire to the north, Rosecrans to the south, Figueroa to the east, and the beach to the west.

This weather is freaky though, my basement flooded and it ended up drowning our water heaters. Spent the weekend having 2 new water heaters installed and having the basement door reinforced so as not to let in so much water...sheesh...
man..... sounds like a tough weekend for you that really sux.....

when i go to LA, i stay with my wife and she's pretty much off 10 and 405. guess we are really close to each other after all

Quick Reply: Cali stay safe! tree fell on my car!