CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Insurance quotes...best rates?

Old 10-17-04, 04:21 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance quotes...best rates?

I'm a 23 year-old, full-time student, and I pay about $197 a month for my insurance under Triple A for full-coverage for my 1992 Sc300. I'm thinking about switching out to another insurance company because the $197 / month is pinching my wallet too much. Anyone have any suggestions on any other good insurance companies? What's everyone else have? California insurance bites!

-Mike
jzz30
Old 10-17-04, 08:09 PM
psd112
Driver School Candidate

Whats your driving record like? I have Wawanesa insurance. Their prices are killer and the coverage is great ( from what i hear, haven't had to get a claim done yet, knock on wood). Everyone in my family has it and most of their business is from referrals. They only insure good drivers though, so Im guessing thats the most direct cause of their low rates. Check 'em out and see what they can for you.

http://www.wawanesa.com
Old 10-17-04, 10:27 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I'd stick with AAA. Their service is good and if you have to make a claim, they are responsive. The person that hit me had AAA and their adjuster was all over it. Had my car fixed within a month, the body shop was paid the day before I picked the car up. I had a check cut for "pain suffering/inconvenience" and I was pleased with their offering.

In the past:

Farmers sucked. Unresponsive agents, slwo to settle a claim, even though I was not at fault for two collissions over 10 year period, they jacked my premium and the last one were not going to renew my policy. 2 claims, one for $3K in body damage and the other $15K in body damage and medical expenses. Both incidents not my fault and the other drivers were cited.

I've had Mercury and their premiums may be a few ticks lower but my experience with them was so-so. I had a new agent almost every quarter...didn't inspire confidence and that office eventually closed.

AAA is IMO hard to beat but you pay a bit for the good service.
Old 10-17-04, 11:42 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I work for the AutoClub in insurance claims but am still insured w/Wawanesa. My employee discount and everything cannot touch the rates I have for 2 cars and the full coverage (Med Pay, Rental, etc). I have only made 2 claims in the past over the years w/Wawanesa, but they have always serviced me without any issue and very promptly.

"The person that hit me had AAA and their adjuster was all over it. Had my car fixed within a month, the body shop was paid the day before I picked the car up. I had a check cut for "pain suffering/inconvenience" and I was pleased with their offering. "

That applies under Bodily Injury. Keep in mind the insured does not benefit from that, only the claimant, in which this case, it was you. Other insurance companies offer loss of wages/loss of use under their BI coverage, it's a pretty standard and good coverage that most all reputable insurance companies have to offer. The AutoClub does handle claimants fairly as well as the insureds.

Last edited by flipside909; 10-17-04 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-18-04, 12:07 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

My driving record is clean *knock on wood* the only blemish i have on my record is someone vandalized my car...they broke the driver's back window. I took care of that. And I actually got insurance quotes for both Geico and Wawanesa, I've really good things about Wawanesa. I'm thinking about going with them.

I've been with Triple A for about 7 years now, and i'm satisfied with what they offer, but money is getting tighter now, so i'm looking for a good company that I could afford. Thanks for the responses guys!

-Mike
jzz30
Old 10-18-04, 04:24 PM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am with wawanesa also, their prices are amazing, my m3 full coverage 808 a year, cant beat that, when my lexus got keyed, they cut me a nice check right away, no investigation, no questions, they are awesome go with them, also i am only paying 500 a year for my car
Old 10-18-04, 05:53 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow! I'll definately check this wawanesa dealio out.

I also heard Mercury has low rates sometimes. A guy I know with an m3 is only paying 1300 a year for full coverage.
Old 10-18-04, 08:16 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Mercury is the butt of the jokes when it comes to claims. They've had a poor history of getting claims resolved. Beware.