CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Whats a good car club/team to join in the 626/909 area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-04, 12:22 AM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why are people here so conceited? just because not everyone has money to do everything at once you call them stupid ricers. maybe they had enough money to buy a kit but are saving up for paint and wanted to put it on their car to see how it looks. at least he has a kit. or maybe hes waiting on more parts to come in so he can just paint it all at once and save money and time. is it stupid to save money and time? wow i guess im living in the wrong place if it is.

is somethign stupid just because you dont like it? am i stupid because i buy neon lights? am i dumb because i like vertical doors? am i gay because i put stickers on my car that you dont like? if lambo doors were so lame then why are they making a grip off of them?

maybe there is something im missing here, like this is only a certain group of people that you dislike that happen to have these mods, but from your wording that is not what i think you mean. it seems to me that you think anyone who doesnt like the clean look "sucks". if you think about it these people are in the same boat you are. dont we all have a passion to further the perfection determined by our own mind's eye? theyre proud of the progress on their rides as much as you are of yours or maybe even more because it might mean something more significant to them. dont we all get harassed by the police or given less than favorable looks at times because we modify our cars?

i know we have our own opinions as to what is a tasteful mod and what isnt. but i think we should be less conceited about it. what because your car is a lexus and they drive hondas that makes them inferior? maybe we completely dislike their taste in mods, but have respect for the work they are putting into their cars. its like any other art, there are various tastes and if you dont like it then dont engage yourself in it. but dont diss on something jsut because you dont like it.
Old 10-11-04, 05:45 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i don't kno if you kick it around our area.........he's not dissing the way the car is per se, it's the way these people act in those types of cars.....how many times does it happen when you're at a car meet, and you see a person in that type of car gun it and go unnecessarily fast in a parking lot or obviously in front of you guys? and everyone laughs and calls him a "ricer." im not saying ALL of them are like this, but we encounter alot, they drive unusually fast, try to show off by shining their underglows and ******* you, they peel out when taking off, things like this that make us have the stereotype against cars with unfinished body parts and stuff deemed "not cool."

im not saying i label them stupid as well, it's just that around the west covina area particularly, there are alot of people that have those and claim they are super fast and cool by zig-zaggin traffic and drving fast at a parking lot....it's ridiculous

as an example, we were kicking it at a starbucks and a car with unfinished parts drove really fast with one of the vertical doors open all the way and the guy's leg sticking out, talk about dangerous and stupid, they think they're cool by doing that and getting the people's attention.....

i understand your argument, but i think it's more than just the car being that way, it's the people who drive it that lead us to label them....
Old 10-11-04, 06:42 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by llmidnitellsc40
i don't kno if you kick it around our area.........he's not dissing the way the car is per se, it's the way these people act in those types of cars.....how many times does it happen when you're at a car meet, and you see a person in that type of car gun it and go unnecessarily fast in a parking lot or obviously in front of you guys? and everyone laughs and calls him a "ricer." im not saying ALL of them are like this, but we encounter alot, they drive unusually fast, try to show off by shining their underglows and ******* you, they peel out when taking off, things like this that make us have the stereotype against cars with unfinished body parts and stuff deemed "not cool."

im not saying i label them stupid as well, it's just that around the west covina area particularly, there are alot of people that have those and claim they are super fast and cool by zig-zaggin traffic and drving fast at a parking lot....it's ridiculous

as an example, we were kicking it at a starbucks and a car with unfinished parts drove really fast with one of the vertical doors open all the way and the guy's leg sticking out, talk about dangerous and stupid, they think they're cool by doing that and getting the people's attention.....

i understand your argument, but i think it's more than just the car being that way, it's the people who drive it that lead us to label them....
Im gonna back up pat on this one, this previous friday, Pat and I met up with a Supra and a turbo LS just to hang out and check out each others cars. Some people kind of flaked out and didnt show up, but our night was made when 2 un-kitted lowered civics (edit: dont even know if they were lowered) with loud *** mufflers, neon tubing. They started to swerve around the parking lot like it was an auto cross event, racing and playing tag along around the nearby streets. It was funny, so we laughed.

oh yea,
I dont think you should put on a kit if you dont have money to paint it. What are you really trying to say when doing that? "I like fixing up my car but I have no money for paint?"

and I think neon tubing stinks.

Last edited by G Star; 10-11-04 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-11-04, 07:52 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

Originally posted by llmidnitellsc40

i would have to agree with llmidnitellsc40, just tonight when i was eating at a restaurant that had seating outside, their was this Acura CL, with a loud *** muffler, doing exactly what is being described. He was circling around when i got my food, and r evving each time he passed where people were seated. And he kept circling the parking lot, passing n umerous parking spots (even the ones up front). And by the time my friends and I finshed eatingm he was still at it circling the lot,revving and cuttinng people off in the parking lot.

Their idea of "showing off and being cool" is dangerous and quite obnoxious. I think it is these types of people that are labeled ricers, and they are the ones that i think llmidnitellsc40 and calvin are talking about.
Old 10-11-04, 10:21 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

good definitions of ricers. i like that. several times i block these people in on the freeway just to get them pissed but when we say things like "man those guys with the vertical doors that think theyre so cool, well theyre stupid" it makes people not like our forums. it makes us seem that we think we are superior because we have nice cars and money to play. i dont think that should be the image we have.

my team is loaded with civics or accords and even NSX with lambo doors. and personally i think theyre hot. almost every car of ours has neon lights of some sort. and guess what, we win shows. i do agree at times neon tubing looks very tacky, such as when theyre mounted in such a way that you see the bar hanging down from under the car, but i think they have the potential to be a tasteful mod. i would really hate to be labeled a ricer because i have vertical doors on my car. i agree with the argument that its the type of people and their level of maturity, or in their case immaturity, that leads us to call them ricers, but i think we need to watch the way which we express this argument. their immaturity and tendency to showoff has nothing to do with the mods on their car, and this is the way it should be. im sure the designers of verticaldoors.com or whomever did not have these types of characters in mind when they released their kits. i know the drivers of many cars who have these kits and neon tubing, and they exhibit the level of maturity which i hope to attain.

example: of all the cars in my team i guess you guys would term my car to be one of more taste in that i dont have vertical doors or any neon tubing. but guess what i am the least mature when compared to the car owners in my team that do have them. im the only idiot that did donuts in a parkinglot when a number of our team members were also there. i got reprimanded heavily for it.

the point im trying to make here is that we are making it seem as if we are judging people by the parts on their cars and the level of completion (i.e. painted or unpainted kits, vert doors, neons. etc.). this makes us seem unusually stuckup and snobby which i know is not true(for most of our members) and i dont want any potentially great members to be deterred from our site because of this.

btw: to answer this:" I dont think you should put on a kit if you dont have money to paint it. What are you really trying to say when doing that? "I like fixing up my car but I have no money for paint?""
perhaps theyre not trying to say anything. they just want to have the part on their car. i know for a fact that i could NOT wait to get any of my new parts on my car ASAP. even though i did wait for all of my bodykit to arrive so i could paint it all and put it on at same time. some people's virtues dont happen to include patience. can we really classify what type of person they are because they couldnt wait to see what their car would look like with the kit on? we all know its one thing to see the part on a website, but the experience of actually having the part there in your hands is different, seeing it on your car is way different.
Old 10-11-04, 10:24 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

sorry for the long posts. i just think its in the better interest of the forum as a whole if we could make ourselves seem more open, regardless of whether we like what mods people are doing or not. i know for a fact that most of us here are a friendly bunch, but us saying things like that makes it harder for people to see us as a friendly group. some good points btw guys. ricer = obnoxious dangerous driver i think is a very good definition.
Old 10-11-04, 11:49 PM
q-OnE
Rookie

geezus...sorry to make u mad guy. hahah i didnt even bother reading what u wrote but hey...dont take it to the heart. as long as ur not one of those guys that rev on me on the street and pop ur door upwards whil ein the middle of the street and ummm....dog at me i guess. you're cool with me. sorry to offend anyone here. vertical doors are fine...as long as u put some taste ito the rest of the car. but serious....u need to drive on hacienda on a sunday night where they meet up. you'll see why im making fun of them
Old 10-12-04, 01:24 AM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

q one's right.. if you see how those guys act in our neighborhood... you'll get it.. i can't stand those guys thinking their car's are so crazy just because they have an exhaust and some neon lights and think they can try and pick a race wit me and stare me down...... if it wasn't for my car being marked.. i'd let them stop at a red light with me and they sure won't see me rev but i'll step out with a bat and bust a good swing to their window.. to me.. if u don't know me.. don't try to race me..
Old 10-12-04, 09:33 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bryan,

The only function I’ll ever be involved with will be here at Clublexus. Everybody here is cool as hell and share many of the same interests and opinions. I like the overall maturity level here as well.
Clublexus doesn’t make up any outrageous rules or enforce silly probation time for new members. We all know why we’re here, and we know we’re true enthusiasts when it comes to Lexus vehicles.

There are some ricers that are cool, I know because I was once there a long time ago.
Then there are ones that **** us off. Those are ones you need to ignore. Just because they just bought a new SRT-4, doesn’t mean he has to race everyone, all the time. We’re all aware of how capable our cars are. Ken is right; if you don’t know me, then don’t race me. It’s that simple. I’ve always wondered if our egos will ruin this world one day……
Old 10-12-04, 10:18 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SC400Dude
Bryan,

The only function I’ll ever be involved with will be here at Clublexus. Everybody here is cool as hell and share many of the same interests and opinions. I like the overall maturity level here as well.
Clublexus doesn’t make up any outrageous rules or enforce silly probation time for new members. We all know why we’re here, and we know we’re true enthusiasts when it comes to Lexus vehicles.

There are some ricers that are cool, I know because I was once there a long time ago.
Then there are ones that **** us off. Those are ones you need to ignore. Just because they just bought a new SRT-4, doesn’t mean he has to race everyone, all the time. We’re all aware of how capable our cars are. Ken is right; if you don’t know me, then don’t race me. It’s that simple. I’ve always wondered if our egos will ruin this world one day……
werd
Old 10-12-04, 10:32 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

I found a "home" for the time being until I finish my project so this thread can be closed now. thx
Old 10-12-04, 11:19 PM
ES Boy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LexAristo
I found a "home" for the time being until I finish my project so this thread can be closed now. thx
Yeeeaaahhhh. GRIPSPEED, sucka.
Old 10-20-04, 04:49 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must agree with NoRycegs4

He is the Donut KING
Old 10-21-04, 04:15 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Hello everyone !!

One of my best friend/shop and myself with help of Abflug of Japan are working on a major projected local CAR CLUB right here in Orange County, Cal.

This club is not only deals with Lexus owners, but other car owners as well. We would like to have a club where we all can hang out. Not only to hang out, but events and shows to participate. We are working on this club for about 5 months now. We will have the annual schedule and events handout by the Dec Lexus meet.

You all welcome to come and check it out, at least.....take a look. We all have been in car clubs here and there at least once in your lifetime, right ?? Well, this club is not going to be the one like you had in the past.

Simply to have a greatime with friends and new friends with car loving minded. From 909 to 949 are all welcome and we have more than 50 cars already to have this gathering.

Somthing to share !! thanks !!

JAY
Hiro
Anthony
ku
Old 10-21-04, 04:45 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Jay
Hello everyone !!

One of my best friend/shop and myself with help of Abflug of Japan are working on a major projected local CAR CLUB right here in Orange County, Cal.

This club is not only deals with Lexus owners, but other car owners as well. We would like to have a club where we all can hang out. Not only to hang out, but events and shows to participate. We are working on this club for about 5 months now. We will have the annual schedule and events handout by the Dec Lexus meet.

You all welcome to come and check it out, at least.....take a look. We all have been in car clubs here and there at least once in your lifetime, right ?? Well, this club is not going to be the one like you had in the past.

Simply to have a greatime with friends and new friends with car loving minded. From 909 to 949 are all welcome and we have more than 50 cars already to have this gathering.

Somthing to share !! thanks !!

JAY
Hiro
Anthony
ku
Jay and them have a crew building? oh man... gonna be one sick crew I bet.. especially w/ the planning... and if I know Jay... he doesn't do it "half-assed"

good luck man...

Quick Reply: Whats a good car club/team to join in the 626/909 area?