CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Bodyshop for SCs in SoCal

Old 09-26-04, 10:25 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bodyshop for SCs in SoCal

My car is going to need some work -- both mechanical & body from this accident.

Anyone know of an excellent bodyshop that won't yank me around and does a great job?

Thanks,

John
Old 09-26-04, 11:44 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Re: Bodyshop for SCs in SoCal

What city are you in or where do you want to drive to?
Old 09-27-04, 12:27 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

I'll have it towed within 100 miles of LA (malibu) I think.

I got rear-ended, so I don't think it's my fault. I've got AAA too.

JT
Old 09-27-04, 03:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally posted by SupraCoup3
I'll have it towed within 100 miles of LA (malibu) I think.

I got rear-ended, so I don't think it's my fault. I've got AAA too.

JT
Yeah if you were rear ended, it's usually always not your fault. You can go through your AutoClub policy for the repairs, or you can go through the other carrier. I work w/the AutoClub so if you have questions, PM Me. We have several repair shops that are on our preferred list.
Old 09-27-04, 10:12 PM
kirby122
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i recommend marco's auto body
Old 09-27-04, 10:18 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally posted by kirby122
i recommend marco's auto body
that's an AutoClub preferred shop.
Old 09-27-04, 11:36 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

apprently, my car may be totalled, so we'll see...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=135055

but keep those suggestions coming!

Thanks a bunch guys!

John
Old 09-28-04, 12:47 PM
Bruinette
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by flipside909
that's an AutoClub preferred shop.
Marco's is nice. I drive by it all the time and they have some nice cars there haha. Anyways, they're freaking expensive though! I went there for a quote to get my door dings out on my solara and they were asking $1800 for 2 door dings on the passenger side door. I was like You gotta be kidding me. But hey, if you have insurance doing it, who cares. Go there cuz they do great work.
Old 09-29-04, 05:17 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Bruinette
Marco's is nice. I drive by it all the time and they have some nice cars there haha. Anyways, they're freaking expensive though! I went there for a quote to get my door dings out on my solara and they were asking $1800 for 2 door dings on the passenger side door. I was like You gotta be kidding me. But hey, if you have insurance doing it, who cares. Go there cuz they do great work.
$1800 My bodyshop (Phoenix Auto on Beverly and Hayworth) got a huge dent out of my rear quarter panel for $50. Granted, I did get a special friend discount, and its not painted, but its way cheaper
Old 09-29-04, 07:20 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

if you guys could keep those recomendations coming, I'd appreciate it. The insurance wants to repair the car, so I've gotta find a shop that will do a top notch job.

Thanks a bunch,

JT
Old 09-29-04, 07:23 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

if you guys could keep those recomendations coming, I'd appreciate it. The insurance wants to repair the car, so I've gotta find a shop that will do a top notch job.

Thanks a bunch,

JT
What insurence company are you refering to? His your yours? You might get a better deal if you go to one or the other. Also consider the depreciation value
Old 09-29-04, 09:43 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 0l33l
What insurence company are you refering to? His your yours? You might get a better deal if you go to one or the other. Also consider the depreciation value
the assesor said that he thought the car was repairable, for 3.5k. In other words, we're going to be playing a big fat supplimental claims game.

So I need a good shop that will butt heads with my insurance company to get 'r done right.
Old 09-29-04, 10:08 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally posted by Bruinette
You have a Solara too? I still have my Diamond White Pearl Solara SE V6 Manual that I try to drive in place of the IS, but it's too hard not to drive the IS. The Solara is very door ding prone. I have them on both doors.
Old 09-29-04, 10:12 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

the assesor said that he thought the car was repairable, for 3.5k. In other words, we're going to be playing a big fat supplimental claims game.

So I need a good shop that will butt heads with my insurance company to get 'r done right.
Are you insured by the Automobile Club of SoCal or some other agency? Your insurance company will repair your car up to it's limits. Obviously if they only found 3k worth of damage (i.e. parts and labor) that's not gonna be a total loss, unless it meets a certain threshold in correlation to the value of the car. As for butting heads with the insurance company, the insurance company will have the last say on what can be done to the car, the body shop will only work off of guidelines the ins. company sets considering the insurance company is the one to pay them for the work.
Old 09-29-04, 11:22 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It all depends on ur car's ACV (Actual Current Value.) If the car has not yet been torn down, then that's only a preliminary estimate. Adjuster can total the car after the car been torn down, or just not pay the exceed amount if the supplement exceed the max repair amount. Usually the adjuster (field adjuster, not inside adjuster) should have an idea how much the whole repair is gonna cost and will tell the bodyshop what's the max repair amount. We had a Bimmer at my shop from AAA which the max repair amount is at around $6700. The first estimate came out to be $6000, which means my supplement can only be $700.
It's really not that complicated.........or maybe because I deal with these stuff everyday at my shop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bodyshop for SCs in SoCal