CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

SoCal to NorCal Convoy #3 to End of Summer Meet 9/26!

Old 09-14-04, 11:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Added to the list yes. Please e-mail your name and info. As for getting space to park your car at the meet, you'll have to be added to the standby list. You can check the NorCal section for the latest info.
Old 09-15-04, 02:28 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by van48
can i still be added?
I currently have you on the waiting list.

Since there have been drop outs from the SoCal crew and being that you are driving too far to be turned away, I'll make an exception.

You just need to arrive before 11am, and preferably before 10am.
Old 09-16-04, 08:29 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan,

May wanna add me to the list since I am going with fellow CL members.

Thanks,

Bryan
Old 09-16-04, 08:08 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Exclamation IMPORTANT...Please Read

Guys... Just a quick reminder. If you have 2 way radios, bring them. You can pick up a set for under $40 at Best Buys or Fry's electronics. Everyone in the convoy should be in contact with one another for traffic/road updates during the drive up. The channel will be determined at the convoy location. Rominl has been in contact with me and has told me of several locations where road construction is happening. We will need to take it slow through those areas to prevent bent wheels and blow outs. Finally, anyone who has a decent radar detector... please raise your hand! You will be placed in a specific order in the convoy to protect our butts from HWY Patrol.

One last thing.. If this is your FIRST convoy trip, please come prepared! Make sure your spare tire has air. MAKE SURE YOU BRING ME A SPARE TIRE THAT FITS A BIG BRAKE KIT... hehe I HAVE NO TRUNK!!! j/k. Also, bring a map or a map quest print out and bring something to snack on. It will take us between 5-7 hours depending on traffic to get to our destination. Ryan and I have selected spots for gas and rest stops. One last thing..... this is a cruise up North. Not a race. We will never reach speeds higher than 80 mph so don't even think about it.... Let's be smart, safe and have a good trip.. Cya guys on Fri!

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 09-16-04 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-16-04, 08:13 PM
threequartersx2
Driver School Candidate

I'm going too put me on the list please!

I haven't heard anything about ETA on the socal > norcal caravan. so please add me to that!
Old 09-16-04, 09:08 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: IMPORTANT...Please Read

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet...

note to self: buy 2 way radios... and go slow... can anyone bring the DVD from last year? i wanna watch it in the car! woot woot!

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Guys... Just a quick reminder. If you have 2 way radios, bring them. You can pick up a set for under $40 at Best Buys or Fry's electronics. Everyone in the convoy should be in contact with one another for traffic/road updates during the drive up. The channel will be determined at the convoy location. Rominl has been in contact with me and has told me of several locations where road construction is happening. We will need to take it slow through those areas to prevent bent wheels and blow outs. Finally, anyone who has a decent radar detector... please raise your hand! You will be placed in a specific order in the convoy to protect our butts from HWY Patrol.

One last thing.. If this is your FIRST convoy trip, please come prepared! Make sure your spare tire has air. MAKE SURE YOU BRING ME A SPARE TIRE THAT FITS A BIG BRAKE KIT... hehe I HAVE NO TRUNK!!! j/k. Also, bring a map or a map quest print out and bring something to snack on. It will take us between 5-7 hours depending on traffic to get to our destination. Ryan and I have selected spots for gas and rest stops. One last thing..... this is a cruise up North. Not a race. We will never reach speeds higher than 80 mph so don't even think about it.... Let's be smart, safe and have a good trip.. Cya guys on Fri!
Old 09-16-04, 11:25 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED If you haven't already registered in the NorCal forum, your car cannot be admitted to the meet.

Sorry folks, I hate to do this, but I am going to have to close sign ups and the waiting list effective immediately.

We are just WAY over capacity, by atleast 30 people.

I am still trying to get more space allocated, but we might not know that answer till the day of the meet.

Anyone that wants to attend the meet as a spectator is still welcome to come and they can still enter the Big Ticket raffle.

Closing registration, just means that there is no more space to park your car inside.

There is also plenty of space to park outside, and there is PAID public parking across the street.

It is in your best interest to arrive early, as the gates may close on or before 11am.

As some people will leave early, the gates will open back up, but don't count on it.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-16-04 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-17-04, 01:05 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I have a final list for the NorCal convoy. It is posted on the first post of this thread. These are from the people that e-mailed me to confirm their attendance. If you have any questions, send me a PM. As Glen had posted above, the meet is to capacity.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 09-17-04, 01:58 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE]Originally posted by flipside909
[B]I have a final list for the NorCal convoy. It is posted on the first post of this thread.

You mean SoCal Convoy? I know what you ment but some others may get confused.
Old 09-17-04, 07:49 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Haha...it can be viewed in 2 ways. Gotta love the stupid English language.