CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Need Wheel Repair Help LA, OC, RIV (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-09, 09:23 PM
thatWESguy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch, sorry to hear. Worse comes to worse, you can always check RB Motoring, that seems to be the place that most people in the 626 go to to get their wheels fixed
Old 02-20-09, 10:42 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

wheel supply in walnut is pretty good too.

Kennedy does some GREAT work but also charges in accordance.
Old 02-20-09, 11:12 PM
Spanky
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a friend that took his wheel to RB motoring and did a excellent Job. Im not sure how much he payed but it was worth it. Dont skimp out on repairs i seen shotty jobs done before.
Old 03-12-09, 02:29 PM
DangGS3
Pole Position

Default Wheel repair shop in OC area? =[[[[[

Last night my tire gave out on me n one of my wheels is fudged up now . kinda it just has like curb rash around the edge of the lip. does anyone know a place that can repair this? i have weds kranze bazreia btw. i think they are forged?? does anyone if you can repair forged wheels.

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-12-09, 04:36 PM
o6spdracer
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear about your wheels. That sucks! A friend of mine just did that to his new Volk GTC's.

Anywyas, check out RB Motoring
15110 E. Nelson Ave. Unit C
City of Industry, CA 91744
(626) 961 - 9213

I've had a few friends go there and they do great work in house, so there will be less downtime.
Old 03-12-09, 11:13 PM
DangGS3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by o6spdracer
Sorry to hear about your wheels. That sucks! A friend of mine just did that to his new Volk GTC's.

Anywyas, check out RB Motoring
15110 E. Nelson Ave. Unit C
City of Industry, CA 91744
(626) 961 - 9213

I've had a few friends go there and they do great work in house, so there will be less downtime.
how much did it cost to repair it?
Old 03-13-09, 12:37 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

do not go to mag masters if anyone tells you to.

go to WRS. Lots of bmw guys go there.

http://www.wheel-repairs.com/
Old 03-13-09, 08:54 AM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

Here is my story about Mag Masters,

3 months ago, I was looking for a shop to repair my wheels. I did a lot of research on the forums and decided to go to wheel-repairs.com. I would like to Thank AutoCoutureSC for helping me out and answering my questions about them, but after taking my wheels there, they quoted me 1k+ to either fully polish and repair my wheels or polish the lip/paint the wheel and repair.

Either choice I picked, it was going to be 1k.

I spoke to the owner a few days before I came in and he had quoted me about $100 to repair the wheel, so I was a little surprised that I was quoted 1k to repair.

There was no way I could afford 1k to repair the wheels, so I decided to go to Mag Masters, since Liz quoted me a great price to fully re-polish the entire wheel (price for 4 wheels), so I figured that at least that was an option.

Once I got there, Liz was really really really cool. Her customer service was second to none. I asked her about 50 questions about the wheel repair and we spent about 45 minutes discussing my options. Even though she was really busy, she was not pushy and was very patient in answering all my questions.

I decided to paint the wheel and have the lips fully polished. She gave me a price and it was half of what the wheel-repairs.com would have charged me. I dropped the wheels off and I was set. A few days later I wanted part of the center cap to be polished instead of being completely painted. I called Liz and asked if she could do it. She placed me on hold, and came back to me and said that it wouldn't be a problem and that it would not cost me anything extra!

A few days later I picked up the wheels and they were exactly as promoised. The wheels were painted exactly the way I wanted, the lips were fully repolished and repaired, the center cap was was polished as I requested, and the price was what she gave me when I dropped them off.

The only issue that I had was that she gave me a date when the wheels would be ready, however it ended up being a few days later. This was not entirely their fault, since I told her that I did not need the wheels back at any specific time and I told her to take as long as they needed.

I have heard about a few stories in which Mag Masters did not do a good job, but I went there and I was 100% satisfied with their price, service, and work.
Old 03-13-09, 09:09 AM
lexdymndz
Lead Lap

i would also say avoid mag masters in santa ana. their work is OK, but their turn around time and customer service SUCKS.

i had discount tire center in LF refresh my lips when i got new rubber put on. they dont do it in house, but it was a fast turn around. a couple days or so for repolish and reclear.
Old 03-13-09, 02:17 PM
DangGS3
Pole Position

hmmm i heard that it is not as shiny once they repair it and put the clear coat on. is this true?
Old 03-13-09, 02:24 PM
DangGS3
Pole Position

anybody use wheel america before?
Old 03-13-09, 04:55 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

that would be a negative on wheels america too. They tried to work on my 3 piece wheels but failed. It was dull like crazy. I could've done a better job.

I gave them 2 chances. In the end, they said, "you're too picky... you should open up your own shop." Bunch of BS
Old 03-15-09, 08:54 PM
vipjason
Lead Lap

I was about to ask you If I could rock your wheels. Thanks for the teins flex. My ***** is dump
Old 03-17-09, 10:31 AM
lexus5703
Driver

Originally Posted by DangGS3
Last night my tire gave out on me n one of my wheels is fudged up now . kinda it just has like curb rash around the edge of the lip. does anyone know a place that can repair this? i have weds kranze bazreia btw. i think they are forged?? does anyone if you can repair forged wheels.

Thanks for the help!

Okay, I just sent you a PM of my wheel hookup!

Last edited by lexus5703; 03-17-09 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-17-09, 12:20 PM
o6spdracer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DangGS3
how much did it cost to repair it?
Sorry for the late response, I can't remember exactly how much he paid for it to be repaired. I think it was around $200.

Quick Reply: Need Wheel Repair Help LA, OC, RIV (The Mother thread)