CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Need Wheel Repair Help LA, OC, RIV (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-04, 09:44 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They sell those JDM polish stuff at SuperAutobacs.... IMO nothing is better then Zaino on the wheels...
Old 12-02-04, 01:24 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lord of the Celsiors
lol... i know it sounds funny, but the JDM polish has a rainbow like reflection when the light hits it at certain angles. Well its better to see in person, cant really describe it.
Hmm? I'd have to see that up close to decide whether or not I was really interested in it.
Old 12-02-04, 02:02 PM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by UptownGS
Sup E.... so the brush strokes that are on the rim are hidden behind the tires edge?

I'm constantly afraid when Parking b/c I dont want to scratch my lip.... I know the day will come though so I'd like to be ready to go to a shop and repair *** as soon as it happens.

btw I just spanked a 94-98ish Honda Accord coupe in my KIA SEdona Van w/ 9ppl inside...... WoOt WoOot Kia Racing OwnZ Joooz!!!
well since she hasn't answered, no the brush strokes are on the face. however i believe they can be colorsanded out and waxed.
Old 12-02-04, 05:49 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Originally posted by mikeloc24
Hmm? I'd have to see that up close to decide whether or not I was really interested in it.
dunno if u can tell by this pic, but there is a little rainbow effect on the lip

You have to have the sun hit the rim at the right angle.
Attached Thumbnails Need Wheel Repair Help LA, OC, RIV (The Mother thread)-7.jpg  
Old 12-02-04, 05:49 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Originally posted by mikeloc24
dunno if u can tell by this pic, but there is a little rainbow effect.

You have to have the sun hit the rim at the right angle.
Attached Thumbnails Need Wheel Repair Help LA, OC, RIV (The Mother thread)-7.jpg  
Old 08-14-05, 08:16 PM
sanai79
Driver School Candidate

Default wheel repair in OC

Can someone recommend me a place to get my wheel repaired (bent rims ) near Irvine? Thanks!
Old 08-14-05, 08:29 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Mag Masters in Santa Ana
Old 08-14-05, 08:46 PM
MELGS300
Rookie

Great place. Mag Master does good work!
Old 12-05-05, 09:25 AM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Unhappy Need help with wheel repair...

I managed to "modify" one of my rear wheels yesterday with a nasty curb rash while exiting a really bad driveway (cut it too close).
Has anybody in So. Cal had any personal experience with a wheel repair shop that can help with this kind of repair? Basically, I want to get my wheels as nice as possible including polishing the lips. I would really appreciate any references anyone might have! Thanks
Old 12-05-05, 10:24 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

where are you located? Nor Cal? So Cal?
Speed way metal finishing in Santa Ana, socal ...do great jobs on high polishing ..its chrome like
Old 12-05-05, 10:43 AM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

I'm in So. Cal.
Does this place also do wheel repair as well as polishing? I would be curious to see how it is possible to repair curb rash on the lip... thanks
Old 12-05-05, 11:19 AM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Default Volcano Polishing

My wife just rolled a lip on my wheels a couple of weeks ago. It was so bad that I really thought I was going to have to buy a new wheel....yes, that bad. Put it this way, it literally rolled over to where it was the size of a rolled taco/taquito. It was 4-5 inches wide and rolled so bad you could see the bead where the tire meets the rim. Autofashion in San Diego referred me to these guys. They charged me $60 for what would have been $1,080 for one wheel, if I had to replace. The job was so good that I paid doubled what they charged, and they had it done in 3-4 business days. I went to Discount Tire to get the tire mounted, and after telling them the story, they said that Volcano did such a good job that it needed very little balancing.

http://www.volcanocustompolishing.com/

Ask for John. When you call, do me a favor and tell him that Rex referred you. I was so happy with the work, I promised to spread the word to anyone that needed their help. I'd like them to know I kept my word.

If you like, PM me your email address, and I can send you some before and after pics. Let me know if you have any other questions. I know what you're going through and I understand. Hahahaa! Good Luck.
Old 12-05-05, 11:30 AM
beez43
Pole Position

wow only 60 bucks to repair lip damage?!?!?!?!?! they charge like 3-500 here i think
Old 12-05-05, 11:45 AM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by beez43
wow only 60 bucks to repair lip damage?!?!?!?!?! they charge like 3-500 here i think
Yeah, man I could not believe it. I told them I'd double their price if I liked the job, I actually would have tripled it, but the wife said i was getting too generous. In this case for $60 I didn't get what I paid for...I got much more!

Again, the guys at Autofashion referred me to them. I could be wrong, but I think they even worked on the wheels on this car too:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=spanky
Old 12-05-05, 11:46 AM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rexdr
My wife just rolled a lip on my wheels a couple of weeks ago. It was so bad that I really thought I was going to have to buy a new wheel....yes, that bad. Put it this way, it literally rolled over to where it was the size of a rolled taco/taquito. It was 4-5 inches wide and rolled so bad you could see the bead where the tire meets the rim. Autofashion in San Diego referred me to these guys. They charged me $60 for what would have been $1,080 for one wheel, if I had to replace. The job was so good that I paid doubled what they charged, and they had it done in 3-4 business days. I went to Discount Tire to get the tire mounted, and after telling them the story, they said that Volcano did such a good job that it needed very little balancing.

http://www.volcanocustompolishing.com/

Ask for John. When you call, do me a favor and tell him that Rex referred you. I was so happy with the work, I promised to spread the word to anyone that needed their help. I'd like them to know I kept my word.

If you like, PM me your email address, and I can send you some before and after pics. Let me know if you have any other questions. I know what you're going through and I understand. Hahahaa! Good Luck.
THANK YOU, REX!
I will check them out and I will certainly let them know about your recommendation. If they can take care of my problem too, I will also post pics and recommend here on CL too. I will send you a PM as you suggested...

Quick Reply: Need Wheel Repair Help LA, OC, RIV (The Mother thread)