CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Need Wheel Repair Help LA, OC, RIV (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-04, 06:49 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by TCM080903
Bolton's Classic Wheels
16516 S. Western Ave (Western & 165th)
Gardena, CA 90247
(310) 538-5046

I just picked up 2 rims I dropped off yesterday. My rims were actually done in THREE hours, so I could have picked them up yesterday. Can you believe that? I think their normal turnaround time is 1-2 days. I had some major curbage on both rims. From what I can tell, they did a good job, and they only charged me $25/rim. It doesn't get any better than that!!

(Just a tip, you need to actually bring in the rims for an estimate. Over the phone, they might give you a higher quote.)

Oh, just FYI, it's a small shop, so don't expect some huge wheel shop. There are a few spots where you can park along Western.
WTF? only $25???? wow, i'll check them out next time!
Old 11-21-04, 02:38 AM
TCM080903
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah the rims came out pretty nicely. just FYI, i think they're only open tuesday-saturday. other .NET members have used them before as well...so i can't take credit for finding them. i believe alexus first told me about them...
Old 11-21-04, 06:03 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah the rims came out pretty nicely. just FYI, i think they're only open tuesday-saturday. other .NET members have used them before as well...so i can't take credit for finding them. i believe alexus first told me about them...

What other services do they offer???

I have a set of TT rims that need some lovin'. Can they do anything about minor rash??
Old 11-23-04, 02:19 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

I just called Bolton's and they quoted me $55 to repair a cracked rim!!! That's insane!!! Well, I guess I have no need to drive all the way down to Anaheim (MagMasters) now. I just want to get more familiar with the quality of their work. The gent on the phone said they give a 3 month warranty on their work. Is that a decent warranty? Rim guru's please chime in...
Old 11-23-04, 03:20 PM
TCM080903
Pole Position

you could check out their shop if you're not sure. it's really a bare bones kind of shop. they simply fix rims, tons of rims. it's a tiny shop, and they do the repair right there in the back of the store. the guys who fix the rims also answer the phone at times.

they were great with my rims. i had major curb rash on 1 rim (lip of the rim), and minor curb rash on the lip of the other rim. you can see the brush strokes of where they did the repair (thanks for pointing that out, irv! heehee), but it's not very noticeable. at least it's not very noticeable to me, esp since once the tires are on, you won't really be able to see it.

one other thing, they do NOT remove tires there, so you'll have to get your tires dismounted somewhere else first, before dropping off your rims.
Old 11-23-04, 05:28 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

you could check out their shop if you're not sure. it's really a bare bones kind of shop. they simply fix rims, tons of rims. it's a tiny shop, and they do the repair right there in the back of the store. the guys who fix the rims also answer the phone at times.

they were great with my rims. i had major curb rash on 1 rim (lip of the rim), and minor curb rash on the lip of the other rim. you can see the brush strokes of where they did the repair (thanks for pointing that out, irv! heehee), but it's not very noticeable. at least it's not very noticeable to me, esp since once the tires are on, you won't really be able to see it.

one other thing, they do NOT remove tires there, so you'll have to get your tires dismounted somewhere else first, before dropping off your rims.
that sux that you see brush strokes. if they were cutting it that close to see brush strokes, they should have taken apart the rim and done it correctly. only what.... $25-50 more and you get a perfect rim back with no brushes. but hey, if you can't notice it, then it's cool. Me, i'm very picky.

either way , $25 for that kind of work is still an excellent price.
Old 11-23-04, 09:06 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Maybe I should get em to polish up some lips!
Old 11-24-04, 12:53 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Dang! Another aspect I have to deal with. It's not like I can fit hella rims in my backseat. I can barely fit one 19 inch rims in my car and I have 2 that need to be fixed. Lol. Oh well, can't be picky when saving money...
Old 11-24-04, 03:37 PM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

Originally posted by AutoCoutureSC
that sux that you see brush strokes. if they were cutting it that close to see brush strokes, they should have taken apart the rim and done it correctly. only what.... $25-50 more and you get a perfect rim back with no brushes. but hey, if you can't notice it, then it's cool. Me, i'm very picky.

either way , $25 for that kind of work is still an excellent price.
i'll let you know how they REALLY came out after a wax and polish, k?
haha

actually they came out really nice. should have taken some before and after pictures, i guess.
Old 11-24-04, 07:08 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Dam luckly I didnt go that day and make the 40 minute drive. I guess I'll wait since I am picky, I do not want to lose the polish shine that the JDM wheels come with. I have heard that no shop in the US can bring them up to par with like the JDM polish.
Old 11-25-04, 12:39 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lord of the Celsiors
Dam luckly I didnt go that day and make the 40 minute drive. I guess I'll wait since I am picky, I do not want to lose the polish shine that the JDM wheels come with. I have heard that no shop in the US can bring them up to par with like the JDM polish.
But u can always chrome the lip.
Old 11-25-04, 01:21 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by ATSOU
But u can always chrome the lip.
Time to start livin' up to his name.
Old 11-25-04, 11:27 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Sup E.... so the brush strokes that are on the rim are hidden behind the tires edge?

I'm constantly afraid when Parking b/c I dont want to scratch my lip.... I know the day will come though so I'd like to be ready to go to a shop and repair *** as soon as it happens.

btw I just spanked a 94-98ish Honda Accord coupe in my KIA SEdona Van w/ 9ppl inside...... WoOt WoOot Kia Racing OwnZ Joooz!!!
Old 11-29-04, 04:05 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Lord of the Celsiors
I have heard that no shop in the US can bring them up to par with like the JDM polish.
Lol, now I've heard it ALL

JDM polish? ha ha ha ha ha...."would you like very shiny or HELLUVA shiny?" lol. I'll just have them use some US spec stuff and make sure no one gets closer than 3 inches away from my rims I figure at 3 inches away you can't tell what country the polish came from!
Old 11-29-04, 05:30 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Originally posted by mikeloc24
Lol, now I've heard it ALL

JDM polish? ha ha ha ha ha...."would you like very shiny or HELLUVA shiny?" lol. I'll just have them use some US spec stuff and make sure no one gets closer than 3 inches away from my rims I figure at 3 inches away you can't tell what country the polish came from!
lol... i know it sounds funny, but the JDM polish has a rainbow like reflection when the light hits it at certain angles. Well its better to see in person, cant really describe it.

Quick Reply: Need Wheel Repair Help LA, OC, RIV (The Mother thread)