CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

my lexus got rear ended today (body shop)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-14, 05:46 PM
250Lexus57
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default my lexus got rear ended today (body shop)

Anybody know a good body shop my 09 lexus isx50 got rear ended today looks
like the bumper support is mangled and the trunk latch shifted and trunk lid is warped
and there is damage to bumper and the driver side rear tail lamp has a gap not sitting flush
And under tail lamp the quarter panel got pushed in so here pictures would like a well known
body shop work on my car and by the way exhaust is loose and when driving its making grinding
noise.
let me know asap thanks mahalo
Attached Thumbnails my lexus got rear ended today (body shop)-20140117_082945.jpg   my lexus got rear ended today (body shop)-20140117_083008.jpg   my lexus got rear ended today (body shop)-20140117_070723.jpg  
Old 01-17-14, 06:50 PM
whitecel
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I get rear ended last year, I took my car to Kuroda Autobody. It was one of the shops on my insurance and my parents have taken their cars into them when they got hit. It's a nice facility and they are very easy to deal with.

I personally like the job they did on my rear bumper. Not only did they repaint both the bumper and rear gfx kit (only the bumper was damaged), but they fixed the gap on the lip from the previous shops install. If it wasn't an insurance job, I'm not sure how much it would cost. Also, they insure their work for the lifetime of your ownership I think.
Old 01-17-14, 09:06 PM
250Lexus57
Driver

^^ did they provide loaner cars the guy that hit me his insurance will be paying for the damages
Old 01-18-14, 08:23 AM
whitecel
Pole Position

I'm not 100% sure but I believe so. If you decide to call them, they should be able to answer that. But I think they asked me if I needed one. I live in walking distance and have a second car so I declined it.
Old 01-18-14, 07:19 PM
250Lexus57
Driver

^^ thanks for the information really appreciate it mahalo
Old 01-20-14, 11:40 AM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

JL Auto does some nice work. Also know a couple guys on here that use Techone. Who's insurance is paying? I'm assuming its the other driver as you were rear ended. If thats the case their insurance should cover rental car cost.
Old 01-20-14, 05:01 PM
808newbie
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

if you need an exhaust lmk i have my stock one just sitting in my garage. hopefully everyone is okay from the accident.
Old 01-20-14, 11:39 PM
250Lexus57
Driver

HiloDB1- yeah guy that rear ended me his insurance is paying for rental
by the way tech one yeah heard of them but there fully occupied right now
no opening till second week of February.any where else I could go.

808newbie - thanks for the offer but will be getting replacement exhaust
from the guys insurance that hit me.

Anybody went to o'sung auto body they specialize in high end cars like bmw
the insurance inspector referred me to go there other place was kurodas auto body
but same thing fully occupied late feburary they get opening so I'm debating on o'sung auto body
or auto tech body and paint so need help people in choosing a shop to fix my car
Got the insurance inspector came by today he quoted that there only $7000
In damage right now but will have to take it to a shop to get a accurate price
because he cant see what else damage is under the bumper.so right now he
just seeing the damage to the bumper, trunk lid, exhaust, tail lights, trunk latch
inside rear trunk panel, paint.
Old 01-20-14, 11:41 PM
250Lexus57
Driver

Let me know where else is good for body repair and paint guys really
need to make a decision asap plz help cant decide thanks in advance mahalo
Old 01-21-14, 12:23 AM
neosxe808
Driver School Candidate

damage doesn't look that bad, FYI.
I would rather go to Kuroda than Osungs. Kurodas is always backlogged also...I seen a 08 TSX blended horribly by Kurodas, I kept my mouth shut.

Ony two I Recommend JL or Hiroshi Peformance (both by appt only). If you don't know anything about these 2 shops, they are the best on the island. Drop my user name if you're going to Hiroshi's ...........good aquaintance. PM me for contact #.
Old 01-21-14, 10:56 PM
cadynzgs
Driver School Candidate

I had the worst experience going to
kuroda First they messed up my rear bumper. color never match up to the original paint. Rub my hand to the bottom part of my bumper felt like sand paper or dust got stuck in between. Second they installed the wrong set of emblems to the trunk. And third drove off the body shop without replacing my safety check sticker. They said I had aftermarket headlight bulb. I was like wtf! Had the same incident 1 month ago prior the this one I got rear ended took it to auto tech service and everything came out cherry. They even replace my safety check at that time my car was slammed. I went to kuroda cause they had good reviews on yelp and it was closer to home. But would not recommend that place to anybody.
Old 01-22-14, 10:05 AM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Did you try to see if JL has an opening?
Old 01-22-14, 04:51 PM
250Lexus57
Driver

^^ jl has openning but next week will probably go with tech one or auto tech checked out auto tech and the owner said that dont worryill make ur car look brand new and told them that I want to still look around for any other body shops
Old 01-22-14, 05:16 PM
Taks_is300
Rookie

Might I suggest K.W. Auto Body that is were Servco Lexus to my 04 BO IS300 when I found paint defects while polishing my car in the garage. When I got the car back it looked good and the only time I would notice anything is at a certain angle in incandescent lighting was there a difference in color tone.
Old 01-22-14, 05:51 PM
neosxe808
Driver School Candidate

wow, JL has an opening? He's always slammed......
Hiroshis is open 7 days a week,by appt only, down the street from JL. Don't think other shops are like that, and open late.
They used to do the Scion/Toyota dealership cars from mapunapuna, stopped doing it due to work load. Think he's working on a ES300 job, seen it the other day........headed down there in a bit.

Quick Reply: my lexus got rear ended today (body shop)