CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Removing Safety Inspection from bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-12, 09:41 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The recon station has to be the most strict of them all. They allow the safety inspection as well as the recon sticker to be affixed on a plate. However, from what I recall the law does state the sticker need to be affixed directly to the bumper or on a plate on the RIGHT side of the bumper. Having it on the license plate, center, or left side like many do are not legal.

Either way though I would just peel it off my bumper and stick it on the plate if they insisted on putting it on the bumper.
Old 04-19-13, 01:55 AM
dmorigu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are actually legal now (the license plate brackets). All places should do it, however, most places require that the bracket be already mounted to the car prior to getting the safety check.
Old 04-19-13, 02:00 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

When did this law change?
Old 04-21-13, 08:25 PM
mililani00
Pole Position

Yes the law changed, I asked friends that gives safety and alli of them said you could have the sticker on the side of ur LIC. Plate
Old 04-21-13, 11:34 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

good the hear the law changed, but my only concern is that putting the safety sticker on a bracket to the right-side on the license plate makes it more easy for a-holes to steal it.
Old 07-19-13, 02:00 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Hey guys, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but where I can get the SI plates for the side of the license plates or have it installed for your bumper? I have seen a lot of cars around here that have them and would like to avoid putting it on my bumper if at all possible. I recently moved here (good to be back home after 20+yrs) from the mainland and need to get new plates and SI done for my car.

Also, any recommendation of a good shop to get the SI done without hassle of the placement of the SI sticker would be appreciated.
Old 07-19-13, 06:52 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
good the hear the law changed, but my only concern is that putting the safety sticker on a bracket to the right-side on the license plate makes it more easy for a-holes to steal it.
+1, I guess they could remove the bracket with the safety sticker intact, since it's just secured by the license plate screw.

There's something with the new safety check stickers, where supposedly you can tell if it's been removed and placed on another surface. Supposed to be a way to spot stolen stickers, but not sure if the stealing a-holes know about it or even care

Last edited by 1Putt; 07-19-13 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-19-13, 06:54 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fa-suto
Hey guys, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but where I can get the SI plates for the side of the license plates or have it installed for your bumper? I have seen a lot of cars around here that have them and would like to avoid putting it on my bumper if at all possible. I recently moved here (good to be back home after 20+yrs) from the mainland and need to get new plates and SI done for my car.

Also, any recommendation of a good shop to get the SI done without hassle of the placement of the SI sticker would be appreciated.
You can get the sticker plates at RaceFactory on Keawe street or Pacific Motoring Accessories on Sand Island Access rd. Either style is easy to put on yourself
Old 07-22-13, 11:33 AM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1Putt
You can get the sticker plates at RaceFactory on Keawe street or Pacific Motoring Accessories on Sand Island Access rd. Either style is easy to put on yourself
Thanks! I'll check them out.
Old 08-01-13, 04:36 PM
euro.r
Driver

Napa also has the plates.
Old 06-24-15, 09:49 PM
cfscp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by euro.r
Napa also has the plates.
also something new

www.carbonfibersafetycheckplate.com
Old 06-27-15, 12:34 PM
whitecel
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cfscp
Damn $50 for that. I could make that. Thought of making a bunch and selling it for $20 but I figured no one would be interested in cf safety check plates. Very easy to make. Don't even need infusion to do it.