Toys 4 Tots 11/27/2011 Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-11, 12:27 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Toys 4 Tots 11/27/2011 Sunday *UPDATED*

*copied from FH*
this year, Aloha Mustang and Shelby Club of Hawaii is handling the Toys for Tots for the car clubs. It will not be at the Marine Corps base in Kaneohe this year. It will be in Kakaako from 9:00am to 12:30pm, address is 100 Ohe St., details are below: Toys 4 Tots Show and Shine All car clubs (and independents too!) are invited to participate in the Toys 4 Tots 2011 Show and Shine. This year, the Aloha Mustang and Shelby Club of Hawaii is hosting a Show and Shine for all Toys 4 Tots participants after they drop off their toys. This is an informal event - no trophies, no assigned parking spaces, etc. It's just a chance for island gearheads to gather, talk story, and take a look at all the beautiful (and not-so-beautiful) cars that participate in this year's Toys 4 Tots. The drop-off location is a very large parking lot so there will be a lot of space to spread out and you can set up a tent if you so desire (no shade anywhere in the parking lot). There will not be any food or beverage available, so feel free to bring your own lunch and refreshments. Please NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES!. You might also want to bring sunscreen, hat, and a chair. If you club is going to participate in the Show and Shine, please give Steven Onoue a call at 808-389-8640 or send him email so that we have some idea how many clubs will be there. Here's the details: When: Sunday, November 27, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm Where to meet: There is no central place to meet before cruising to the drop-off location. It will be up to each club to decide if they are going to cruise together to the drop-off location, or just meet at the drop-off location. Drop-off location: The drop-off location is at 100 Ohe St. in Kaka'ako (map). This is a large parking lot located across the street from the Children's Discovery Museum, close to Kaka'ako Waterfront Park. The Toys 4 Tots collection trucks will be in this parking lot. You can drop off your toys any time between 9:00 am and 12:30 pm. What to bring: New, UN-wrapped toys, and if you're going to hang around for the Show and Shine: chairs, lunch, drinks, sunscreen, hat, tent, etc. Who to contact: Steven Onoue - you can call him at 808-389-8640 or send him email. Thank You for Supporting this Event & the Children of Hawaii this is a map of the location http://maps.google.c...=m&z=16

Please bring a new unwrapped toy.

Meet up: 10am Ala Moana 2nd lvl Sears side parking lot (eva/makai)
Roll out: 11am for Kaka'ako to drop off only
Lunch: Round Table Enchanted Lakes (approx $10-15 per head)

We'll make the southern run, Sandys way back to town.

Last edited by llamaboiz; 11-22-11 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-10-11, 09:13 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll definitely try and make this. Its always for a great cause and always our biggest cruise of the year. I'll gather up TR and get a nice turnout for the cameras.
Old 11-10-11, 09:58 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

I'm trying to think, do we want to drop off and run or drop off and stay a bit then head off for lunch...
Old 11-11-11, 01:55 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

For those that haven't attended our T4T events, here are links to the last 3 years of cruises. I'd love to gather as many cars as the last couple years (30+ cars, friends/family of CLH).

Somehow we didn't have a pic thread for last year's event. But it was the biggest T4T so far...450+ cars. That was more than any car show in Hawaii.

2009:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...tots-pics.html

2008:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...tots-pics.html
Old 11-22-11, 10:46 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

First post updated, we wont be parking at kaka'ako cuz it will be a mad house. For those who haven't had round table pizza (in kailua) before, they still use the old shakeys style oven = WINNING!
Old 11-22-11, 12:43 PM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aww man gonna miss anotber event damn. Car will be down reinstalling some stuff. Boo
Old 11-22-11, 11:32 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

hmm i want pizza
Old 11-23-11, 01:08 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

I think everyone should make an effort to come out and help out a good cause. Not only for the cars, but to help Hawaii's needy. ALL toys collected, stay in Hawaii. They are not shipped out to the mainland like other organizations.

In the past, Club Lexus has always done charity events, but I don't recall doing one this year, 2011. Let's go out with a bang and do this right! Its not a car show, so no need clean your cars if you feel that's what's keeping you from attending. Do it for the kids that don't have parents, or a house, or loved ones...the real NEEDY. Christmas is the time for giving and sharing. Let's show them the Club Lexus way.
Old 11-23-11, 02:05 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tod071
I think everyone should make an effort to come out and help out a good cause. Not only for the cars, but to help Hawaii's needy. ALL toys collected, stay in Hawaii. They are not shipped out to the mainland like other organizations.

In the past, Club Lexus has always done charity events, but I don't recall doing one this year, 2011. Let's go out with a bang and do this right! Its not a car show, so no need clean your cars if you feel that's what's keeping you from attending. Do it for the kids that don't have parents, or a house, or loved ones...the real NEEDY. Christmas is the time for giving and sharing. Let's show them the Club Lexus way.
Nicely said Todd. I got new toys to give...but not sure if I can make it.
Old 11-23-11, 03:56 PM
808Beezy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That inspiring message makes me want to go!
Old 11-26-11, 08:16 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Tomorrow guys, rain or shine n if Its raining you'll actually get to see my car dirty.
Old 11-27-11, 09:22 AM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

would love to go but got into a little disagreement with another car n my bumper due to not paying attention to when i was coming home..how i won't be albe to make wekfest
Old 11-27-11, 09:32 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 96817isf
would love to go but got into a little disagreement with another car n my bumper due to not paying attention to when i was coming home..how i won't be albe to make wekfest
Sorry to hear man. Bring it anyway! Who cares, its all for the kids. Better yet, bring the Durango!!!
Old 11-27-11, 10:48 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry to hear man. Bring it anyway! Who cares, its all for the kids. Better yet, bring the Durango!!!
this is not about having a nice a car or anything about ourselves.