CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Extended Warranty (NOT FROM SERVCO)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-11, 08:59 AM
DKamm808
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty (NOT FROM SERVCO)

Aloha Guys and Gals~

I was informed that there are a lot more Hawaii people on this forum than www.my-IS ...so here I am! :-) First post, hope this is in an OK spot...anyhow...see below...

Thanks to "Knightshade" from my.IS forum I was put in touch with Jerry Johnsonjerryj@midwestsuperstore.com 800-530-5789

He's prompt and replied back to an email and phone call within minutes!

Anyhow, it looks like we have a bigger problem here in Hawaii...Servco Lexus doesn't send the VIN# to the mainland for verification essentially putting a blockade on the ability for guys like Jerry Johnson and Troy Dietrich to verify the VIN#.

Troy told me to wait 1 year and he's done many that way...looks like today I'll simply take delivery and wait a year to figure things out.

FYI for Hawaii guys & gals, Servco Lexus wanted $2500 for 7yr/100,000 with $50 deductible.

Troy's quoting $1880 for 8yr/100,000 with $0 deductible and Jerry Johnson was a bit less but clearly explained to me the VIN# issue at hand due to Servco's Monopolistic ways here in the islands...

My question is, have any of you ever dealt with either of these two guys, I'm sure many of you have heard of either of them? Any thoughts or questions? They both feel confident that they can take care of us Hawaii drivers, just running into blockades from Servco.
Old 07-12-11, 02:26 AM
bobo001
Driver School Candidate

Servco Lexus doesn't give out their customer's vin numbers due to the fact its one of their security policies, and mainly because they aren't part of the Lexus USA ring.

It would be the same if a customer bought a car from California and brought it here. The dealership in California, in most instances, would not release any information about the service history and vin number to Servco. Again just the fact that Servco Lexus is not part of the Lexus USA ring.

And I don't understand what is the problem with needing the vin number. If they need a verification on the vin number, most companies just tell you to send them a copy of your Hawaii Registration. And if that doesn't work, you can pay about $5.00 to have a Notary Public make a document acknowledging you are the owner of said vehicle with said vin number.

And on extended warranties by companies in the mainland and not affiliated with the dealership. These are some important questions to ask them.

Will all the payments be taken care of by them? As some extended warranty plans have you pay first and they reimburse you later.

Will all the documentation and etc. be taken care of by them? Sometimes you will need to fill out the paperwork for the warranty claim. And I have even seen people that had to contact the extended warranty company themselves.

Do they let the dealership make the calls on repairs? Or do they have a local mechanic do the inspections? This is also important, if they have a local mechanic look at your car before repairs are done it will add to the down time of your vehicle. Not to mention, most mechanic reps for mainland warranty companies will also try to cut corners on repairs. For instance, I saw a mechanic rep not allow a t/belt change on a valve cover oil leak claim. Which only caused the customer an extra trip as the t/belt failed a few days later.

And if you don't use your extended warranty will they return your money after your warranty is ended? Some companies, if you don't make any claims, will reimburse you your money.
Old 07-12-11, 06:34 PM
DKamm808
Driver School Candidate

I simply ended up buying the Servco Extended Warranty. It was $2135 for 7yrs/100,000 miles. I believe the Lexus Platinum Policy from Lexus Corp. would require a reimbursement...I don't wanna deal with that. Thanks for your feedback!

side note: I took the one badge off the vehicle "IS 250" and now two little holes are visible...I'm wondering if that'll give me problems down the road if water goes in, etc? I really prefer all my cars to be de-badged... any thoughts?
Old 07-13-11, 05:22 PM
bobo001
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DKamm808
I simply ended up buying the Servco Extended Warranty. It was $2135 for 7yrs/100,000 miles. I believe the Lexus Platinum Policy from Lexus Corp. would require a reimbursement...I don't wanna deal with that. Thanks for your feedback!

side note: I took the one badge off the vehicle "IS 250" and now two little holes are visible...I'm wondering if that'll give me problems down the road if water goes in, etc? I really prefer all my cars to be de-badged... any thoughts?
Its amazing how well water gets into everything, even those small holes. I had a friend who de-badged his LS and didn't patch or fill those holes. He left it at the Park and Fly at the airport and when he came back his trunk smelled like a wet dog

The only correct way to do it is to seal/fill the holes and repaint the whole panel. Being that your car is new you could just have someone touch it up in just that area. Try seeing a guy named Paul Baba, his company is called Baba's Auto Gloss. He worked on a few of my cars and I have always had great experiences with him. You can also check out Joel at JL Autobody, he does amazing work and I have only seen him when I needed to have work done on my show cars