Search this Thread

Old 08-13-10, 04:14 PM
ByoungWoo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Hawai'i (updated w pix)

Hello CL of Hawai'i,
Please allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Justin and I am from Southern California- Woodland Hills (LA County). I am currently attending school at UH Manoa for pre-dentistry and currently dorming at my UH campus. I have gone to numerous CL/non-CL meets in my area as well as helped out in big meets such as The Pursuit.

Now about my car. I own a Smokey Granite Mica '07 IS250.

Kits:
-Carlson CF Replica Ebay lip kit which I painted Clear SGM( it was SGM but, you can still see the cf through the paint) and molded it to the front bumper. Might be a replica but, I had many compliments on the finished molded piece-ask Javy!
-Currently, I have the full GFX kit (got it during the giant Westminster $300 sale for the full kit )
-I was the first in SoCal to mold the stock OEM lip on my trunk- my favorite body mod =)

Stopping:
-I became tired of my OEM IS250 brakes so I upgraded to the 4-pot IS350 brakes along with SS lines and slotted rotors for the front and back.

Performance:
-JoeZ intake pipe w/drop-in K&N filter
-Tanabe Medallion exhaust with resonators deleted

Lighting:
- 6K low and fog lights
- VLED white led interior
- white led parking light

Cabin and Sound:
-CF fabric wrapped interior done by a fellow forum member
-All weather mats - sucks that Lexus does not sell these anymore
-Boston Acoustic 3-way components front and rear powered by JL 4 channel amp
-Digital Audio's digital EQ
-Vaistech SL2Vi
-1 x JL 12W3V2 ported into the cabin through the arm rest. Powered by an Arc Audio monoblock.
-Dynamat'd doors and trunk
-Hushmat'd doors and trunk

Suspension:
- Tein CS Coils
- Eibach Springs
- F-sport F&R Sways

Wheels and tires:
- Work Rezax II in burning black (19 x 9 F and 19 x 10.5 R)
- Toyo T1-R 235/35/19 F and 265/30/19 R

Misc:
- Professionally painted red outs (non sticker, real paint!)
- Shaved emblems and filled holes in at my local bodyshop

That's about it I think

I would love to attend any meets in Oahu it's just that...I don't have any means of transportation right now
If anyone would like to pick me up for any meets that would be very much appreciated!

p.s. I will upload pix of my car tonight as I am in the computer lab at school atm.

-Justin

Last edited by ByoungWoo; 08-14-10 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-13-10, 04:36 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a very well modded car. i wish i can see those rezax in person
Old 08-13-10, 05:56 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Justin,

WHatz up bro. Congrats on dentistry school, didnt realize you were wanting to do that, guess, cause we just talk about cars at the 818 meet. Anyways, congrats and good luck and a successful career in dentistry bro.

Didnt realize you had left until recently. Have fun in Hawaii, kind of jealous, wish I could chill in Hawaii. All the dude bros in the mainland So. Cal. are going to miss you. And to all the hawaiian bros, Justin, a straight up chill bro, he would give the shirt off his back to help anyone, very legit bro. As far as his car, very sick IS250, wish I had his car or at least his rims so I can put on my Lexus, but dont think they will fit my ES300. Anyways Justin, enjoy Hawaii and have fun and take pics of all the CL bro cars in Hawaii.

Much love bro,
Old 08-13-10, 06:50 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope everything's going well over there Justin, and we are gonna miss you at the meets, you always brought some kinda food to the meet, or wanted to leave to go get food. haha

For all you HI guys Justin is a stand up guy, and its always fun hanging out with him. Maybe you guys can teach him a thing or two about how you guys roll.
Old 08-13-10, 07:18 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Hey my name is Justin too! And we have the same car! LOL. Welcome to hawaii, come out to the meet tomorrow night.
Old 08-13-10, 09:41 PM
NinjaKrisp
Rookie

Take care of our braddah Justin out there, HI CL'ers. And make sure he knows where to get da kine pakalolo!
Old 08-14-10, 01:42 AM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

My boy Justin is the shieet!!!!! Treat him good Hawaii!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-10, 04:32 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Aloha to CLH....are u shipping your car to Hawaii?
Old 08-14-10, 03:06 PM
ByoungWoo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by REV-01
sounds like a very well modded car. i wish i can see those rezax in person
Thank you and sooner or later i'll want to bring ship my car from the mainland and once i do you'll be the first person to see them!

Originally Posted by angmedic91
Justin,

WHatz up bro. Congrats on dentistry school, didnt realize you were wanting to do that, guess, cause we just talk about cars at the 818 meet. Anyways, congrats and good luck and a successful career in dentistry bro.

Didnt realize you had left until recently. Have fun in Hawaii, kind of jealous, wish I could chill in Hawaii. All the dude bros in the mainland So. Cal. are going to miss you. And to all the hawaiian bros, Justin, a straight up chill bro, he would give the shirt off his back to help anyone, very legit bro. As far as his car, very sick IS250, wish I had his car or at least his rims so I can put on my Lexus, but dont think they will fit my ES300. Anyways Justin, enjoy Hawaii and have fun and take pics of all the CL bro cars in Hawaii.

Much love bro,
Thanks Rob, i'm actually taking pre-dentistry classes so, i'm not in dental school but, i definitely plan to pursue it! As soon as i read the comment about taking pictures i realized that i left my camera at home =( i'll take the best camera phone pix! lol!

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
Hope everything's going well over there Justin, and we are gonna miss you at the meets, you always brought some kinda food to the meet, or wanted to leave to go get food. haha

For all you HI guys Justin is a stand up guy, and its always fun hanging out with him. Maybe you guys can teach him a thing or two about how you guys roll.
Tommy, everything is chill right now just settling in and getting ready to start school again but, until then...party!!! i always have food. lol!

Originally Posted by steezy
Hey my name is Justin too! And we have the same car! LOL. Welcome to hawaii, come out to the meet tomorrow night.
Sick name dude! I would but, i have no means of transportation right now =( ride prease?

Originally Posted by NinjaKrisp
Take care of our braddah Justin out there, HI CL'ers. And make sure he knows where to get da kine pakalolo!
haha coming from ninja, i can only have one guess to what kine pakalolo is!

Originally Posted by camberSC
My boy Justin is the shieet!!!!! Treat him good Hawaii!!!!!!!
you the shieett milt. wish i was there to see your new bumper in person!

Originally Posted by PHML
Aloha to CLH....are u shipping your car to Hawaii?
Mahalo! I'm going to keep my car in california for the first year that i am dorming on campus. Thought about buying a moped...yes/no?
Old 08-14-10, 03:21 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Welcome to Hawaii. I hope you like it here.

As for the moped--I would say that's a very good option for you. You will need a parking permit for campus and then you will be set I think. Just ride it safely and don't be one of those jackasses that think it's OK to weave through traffic and make illegal turns in front of traffic because "they can fit". There are a number of moped modders here too.
Old 08-14-10, 03:38 PM
ByoungWoo
Lead Lap

Some pix of my car and 818ers

before brakes

molding the bad boy

The brain

naked!

dynamat first

then hush mat

where i led the speaker wires

I left out a lot of pictures on installations of my mods because i had too many of them. if anyone would like to see more, i will post by requests! hope you enjoyed them!
Old 08-14-10, 03:43 PM
ByoungWoo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chrisyano
Welcome to Hawaii. I hope you like it here.

As for the moped--I would say that's a very good option for you. You will need a parking permit for campus and then you will be set I think. Just ride it safely and don't be one of those jackasses that think it's OK to weave through traffic and make illegal turns in front of traffic because "they can fit". There are a number of moped modders here too.
Thanks! Yeah, i've noticed people weaving in n out of traffic w those small mopeds- so dangerous
Mod bug is going to bite me with a moped next, lol oh nooo
Old 08-14-10, 04:36 PM
VIP LXS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NinjaKrisp
Justin your ride is dope bro, Hope to see you at the meets... BTW tell your boy Ninja you gotta keep that shizzz on the DL... You know what Im sayin...
Old 08-15-10, 04:07 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to Hawaii and to CLH. glad to have yah to the islands...looks like your here in time for SpoCom in two weeks. If you need info on car shipment, lmk. I shipped 3 cars here from seattle, oregon and cali.

btw, your car is hella clean! not ALOT of people out there molding kits and what not.
Old 08-25-10, 04:35 PM
ByoungWoo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VIP LXS
Justin your ride is dope bro, Hope to see you at the meets... BTW tell your boy Ninja you gotta keep that shizzz on the DL... You know what Im sayin...
Thanks dude!
I don't even know what Ninja is talking about...

Originally Posted by fknISC808
Welcome to Hawaii and to CLH. glad to have yah to the islands...looks like your here in time for SpoCom in two weeks. If you need info on car shipment, lmk. I shipped 3 cars here from seattle, oregon and cali.

btw, your car is hella clean! not ALOT of people out there molding kits and what not.
Thanks for the ahola and I will definitely let you know when i'm ready to ship my car from the mainland.
Thanks for the positive feedback on my whip!

Quick Reply: New to Hawai'i