CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

SPOTTED...Fools driving excessively fast and dangerous...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-09, 11:52 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SPOTTED...Fools driving excessively fast and dangerous...

I'm not gonna mention names here, but I know exactly you guys were and that you guys are members here on CL. So if you have a different story than this, let's hear it.

While driving on the freeway this afternoon with my wife and baby (3mos) in the back seat, about 5:30pm, I noticed a Blue BMW M3 and a bike driving like crazy maniacs on the H1 near Pearl City through Aiea. Following them was another white BMW, then a gold 2GS. There were more, but I was concentrating on the blue BMW and the 2GS, who I know are the 2 CL members.

I was cruising at 65 in the center lane and these morons, idiots, dumbasses were driving in excess of 100+ mph. The lanes were full of drivers, except in the left lane, so there was absolutely no room for error.

As I'm writing this, I'm only thinking what might have happened if something happened or went wrong and these stupid people (yes, even if I know you I call you STUPID) came crashing into me. I can't even think of something happening to my baby. There are no words subtle enough to post here to explain what I'm thinking. But if you guys wanna hear what I have to say just call me.

I've lost all respect I had for you former CL members that used to drive SC's. Putting people's lives in danger is something I don't tolerate, and neither does CL.

Old 08-09-09, 11:55 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Oh yeah, if you're wondering how I knew who was in the gold GS...he slowed down past the Aiea off and I pulled RIGHT NEXT TO HIM, eyed him out, but he was too chicken ***** to look and was looking forward.
Old 08-10-09, 12:21 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

*sigh*... i'm at a loss for words...

we all enjoy a brisk drive once in awhile, sure im not gonna say i don't speed, we ALL do... BUT... in traffic??? i'm sorry that is just reckless
Old 08-10-09, 12:26 AM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am speechless...
Old 08-10-09, 02:20 AM
808e90
Driver

Are these the new M3 or the old E46 M3?
Old 08-10-09, 02:25 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

E46 older one
Old 08-10-09, 02:28 AM
808e90
Driver

Originally Posted by tod071
E46 older one
Good to hear that it wasn't any of our guys ... Glad nothing bad happened!

Being a father of a new born myself ... I would be mad too!!
Old 08-10-09, 04:45 AM
SPhoto
Lead Lap

heard a story like this saturday night

was this from the cars and coffee?
Old 08-10-09, 05:57 AM
hairysteel
Rookie

it looks like he said it happened on Sunday.
car and coffee was on Saturday.
Old 08-10-09, 11:07 AM
808e90
Driver

Originally Posted by naes
heard a story like this saturday night

was this from the cars and coffee?
Oh really? ... We were the only M3's from Cars and Coffe so I would like to hear what story you heard!!
Old 08-10-09, 03:25 PM
SPhoto
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hairysteel
it looks like he said it happened on Sunday.
car and coffee was on Saturday.

oh hah my mistake
didn't realize he was talking about sunday
Old 08-10-09, 05:11 PM
azn_drft
Driver School Candidate

TO ALL CL members it was me in the Blue E46 M3, and my little cousin the the gold GS, now to Tod...

I honestly thought youd be more professional and mature about a situation like this instead of making a whole thread of you *****in and cryin over something you dont know the story to. First off Tod Im a Cop myself, the blue bike I was chasing clipped my M3 by the h1/h2 merge while he was driving like an idiot, I flashed my badge to stop him but be decided to run, I chased him to get his plates which I did and I got the job done today. Lets just say he's in a 8x8 concrete cell right now for a felony charge. If you had a PERSONAL problem with this situation and supposidly you "know who we are" you should have pm'd us instead of being a imature idiot and posting it up so everyone can pity you. So if I was in my patrol car chasing a bike youd write about it on CL?!? O wait you probly would cuz your a idiot. If you got a problem you call me, eaither that or ill take you for a ride in a crown vic or impala then you can detail it for the whole force. If not then grow up, I've lost all respect I had for YOU, Police Officers will not tolerate imature people like yourself!!!
Old 08-10-09, 06:36 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by azn_drft
TO ALL CL members it was me in the Blue E46 M3, and my little cousin the the gold GS, now to Tod...

I honestly thought youd be more professional and mature about a situation like this instead of making a whole thread of you *****in and cryin over something you dont know the story to. First off Tod Im a Cop myself, the blue bike I was chasing clipped my M3 by the h1/h2 merge while he was driving like an idiot, I flashed my badge to stop him but be decided to run, I chased him to get his plates which I did and I got the job done today. Lets just say he's in a 8x8 concrete cell right now for a felony charge. If you had a PERSONAL problem with this situation and supposidly you "know who we are" you should have pm'd us instead of being a imature idiot and posting it up so everyone can pity you. So if I was in my patrol car chasing a bike youd write about it on CL?!? O wait you probly would cuz your a idiot. If you got a problem you call me, eaither that or ill take you for a ride in a crown vic or impala then you can detail it for the whole force. If not then grow up, I've lost all respect I had for YOU, Police Officers will not tolerate imature people like yourself!!!

i would say thats a little harsh for not knowing the situation and your profession... but thats just my opinion. i dont think everyone on here knows what everyone does for a living.
Old 08-10-09, 06:50 PM
eastsidtsx
Rookie

i have a question. And i am by no means taking either side on this cause i dont know the whole or true story to what happened, just going on what i've read. Because you're a police officer, and i assume you were off duty, does it make it ok to drive recklessly and above speed limits chasing someone because they hit you? If thats what happened. And what if you had gotten into an accident chasing this person down? does it make it ok because you're a police officer? I mean, if it were a civilian who was chasing someone down because they clipped their car, is it ok to speed and chase someone down to get their license plate number? I'm not trying to start **** with you, i'm just asking because i dont fully understand how it works and because you stated a couple of times you were a police officer that it sounded like it was ok. I'm sorry if i'm reading it wrong or i'm just a total dumb ***, i'm just trying to understand. Thanks .....and no offense intended
Old 08-10-09, 06:56 PM
SpecLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by azn_drft

I'm new to the thread and just decided to check out CL in HI. By random chance I saw this thread and would like to give my 2 cents. Tod was a bit PO'd and started a thread to vent his frustration and anger at people he thought were respectable and regarded well. I believe he has every right to be angry and now that you've explained your perspective, in my opinion even further supports his anger at the situation. To jeopordize everyone's safety on the road in order to chase down a bike (motivated by your own personal vindication) to have hit your car is excessive and abuse of power. You're putting all other civilians at risk. Not only that, you were in an unmarked ricer/speeder/racer vehicle, which to anyone who had witnessed would assumed you were out for a joyride. I don't understand why you're so angry at tod, if anything azn should more apologetic in explaining yourself and perhaps tod can better understand what had happened. EMPATHY! Try it, it helps. I don't understand hwo you can rant off in yor post towards tod! He had a newly born infant! And who knows how many cars on the road had newborn infants in which you wizzed by at 100mph. I'm sure every one of them would love to give you a piece of their mind even after hearing of the situation.

In my most sincere and honest opinion, I think azn needs to be more apologetic and stop being so proud and righteous! That high speed chase was an agregeous abuse of power. Next time do a quick cost vs. benefit analysis.

Cost = Horrendous accident maiming or killing innocent people and your own life.
Benefit = Catch a guy for hit/run and evading arrest.

COST > benefit

Even if he had other warrents his arrest, it's still not worth it.

Quick Reply: SPOTTED...Fools driving excessively fast and dangerous...