CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

SPOTTED...Fools driving excessively fast and dangerous...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-09, 10:59 PM
azn_drft
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as long as everyone on here is cool and stop hating im cool with everyone... this post was not necessary tod you could have just pm'd us. but to late for that... well again everyone has their own opinions so I respect everyones concern and if I offended anyone then I appologize, its not my job/responsibility to explain myself but because tod "knew who we were" I needed to clear mine and my cousins name so u guys know what the situation was. anyway have a good night guys aloha!
Old 08-10-09, 11:56 PM
gkkid808
Pole Position

WOW!!! humm after hearing the stories of both sides..... WITH MUCH RESPECT to the P/O, it was dangerous and could have been tragic. I understand that the guy hit ur car and i would be pissed too if it was me. good thing NO ONE was hurt. I have to agree with everyone that the 2gs who wasn't a p/o although he meant well he should not have been involved.

Todd- i understand ur feelings and i know how much ur family means to you. I have to say that you have the right to be mad and upset at the situation. protecting your family is always first and most important.

again no disrespect to the p/o or the cl members and todd. In my opinion it was dangerous and could have ended way worse. P/O's are here to serve and protect the public and we trust them to do whats right to keep us safe. SO pls next time don't lose sight of that. As for the thread and hate.... YES things could have been done differently. but again its my opinion.
Old 08-11-09, 12:41 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OK guyz & gals....enough drama in here....both drivers have apologized...quit with the name calling and the stuff about cops.

I guess everyone needs to put themselves in each other's situation.

I know if someone clipped my ride on the freeway....my natural reaction would be give chase to get a license number....but I'd be calling 911 immediately as well.

Also, if acquaintances I knew sped by me at near 100 mph on a crowded freeway....I'd be hella mad too.

I guess we all have different opinions whether the chase at that high rate of speed was worth it or not. For azn...it was worth it. For most of us...it wasn't worth it.

Was it right for Todd to post it up publicly? In hindsight...probably not. But at the time he posted it, he was still hella mad...so I understand.

OK...can we agree to disagree?

Let's move on...be cool everyone!!

Pete
Old 08-11-09, 02:27 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I didn't even see all these replies. Now that I've read them a few times, its my turn to rebut.

Its true I didn't know the whole story. Maybe I chose some wrong words in the original post. But I stand by my reason to post it. I posted it from a CL member standpoint. As Lexus owners and members of CL, we are held to a higher standard in the community and around the world. We represent Club Lexus in charity events, such as the Charity Cruise, Scion Evolution School Supply Drive, Toys for Tots, and we are well represented at Cars & Coffee events. When someone from our club is spotted, it reflects on everyone in the club, in Hawaii, as well as the world.

If I saw ONE off-duty police officer chasing a bike, I would not have posted this. Instead, I saw a bike, 2 BMWs, another car, and a GS. IF I had a friend or relative that was a police officer in this situation, I would definitely not engage in the pursuit along with him/her.

Like I said, there were cars in all lanes except the left lane. I was in the center lane and was thinking of changing lanes to the 2nd lane (from the left). If I hadn't seen the cars behind the blue bmw, and changed lanes, I would be dead, plain and simple. I would not be writing this today.

I'll apologize for the wrong choice of words in the 1st post and apologize for the lack of knowledge of the situation on the police officer's part.

Agree to disagree? Ok, learn from our mistakes and move on.
Old 08-21-09, 05:35 PM
350N808
Driver School Candidate

You mean to say you've never gone over thr speed limit or raced anyone? That just because you weren't the one speeding this time, you want to play the victim?

How do you know he was going 100+? It's impossible to tell visually. If pro race drivers can't tell, no way you can either.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Old 08-22-09, 02:12 AM
CallmeHoku
Driver

Mods should just close this thread.
btw: BMW in CL ????????????????????
Old 08-22-09, 04:54 AM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

you dont have to have a lexus to be in club lexus
Old 08-22-09, 12:33 PM