CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

SPOTTED...Fools driving excessively fast and dangerous...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-09, 07:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by azn_drft
O wait you probly would cuz your a idiot.

Guys I'm going to ask you to leave off the name calling and discuss this issue maturely.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-10-09 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-10-09, 07:21 PM
jt808
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe any concerned parent would feel what transpired was an act of sheer stupidity. Were all the facts known? Of course not. However, I do agree that CL members (especially with stickers on their cars) are held to a higher standard. By posting his experience on this thread, Todd did leave the incident open for an explanation.

I have great respect for police officers who sincerely believe in Intergrity, Respect and Fairness. However, I've seen too many police officers use their power for self serving interests. It disappoints me to see a career professional entrused to serve and protect the masses try intimidate a concerned citizen.

Mahalo for reinforcing the poor perception I have for the public servants called police officers.
Old 08-10-09, 07:35 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa, take it easy guys.
I think you guys gotta move maui or somethin cause it seems like its getting pretty crazy over in oahu.
Come on now just chill. Everything here can be said with respect right?
Old 08-10-09, 07:39 PM
808is3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eastsidtsx
i have a question. And i am by no means taking either side on this cause i dont know the whole or true story to what happened, just going on what i've read. Because you're a police officer, and i assume you were off duty, does it make it ok to drive recklessly and above speed limits chasing someone because they hit you? If thats what happened. And what if you had gotten into an accident chasing this person down? does it make it ok because you're a police officer? I mean, if it were a civilian who was chasing someone down because they clipped their car, is it ok to speed and chase someone down to get their license plate number? I'm not trying to start **** with you, i'm just asking because i dont fully understand how it works and because you stated a couple of times you were a police officer that it sounded like it was ok. I'm sorry if i'm reading it wrong or i'm just a total dumb ***, i'm just trying to understand. Thanks .....and no offense intended
i feel the same. todd is a good guy and i gotta say if that were me in that situation i'd feel 100% the same.

TO ALL CL members it was me in the Blue E46 M3, and my little cousin the the gold GS, now to Tod...

I honestly thought youd be more professional and mature about a situation like this instead of making a whole thread of you *****in and cryin over something you dont know the story to. First off Tod Im a Cop myself, the blue bike I was chasing clipped my M3 by the h1/h2 merge while he was driving like an idiot, I flashed my badge to stop him but be decided to run, I chased him to get his plates which I did and I got the job done today. Lets just say he's in a 8x8 concrete cell right now for a felony charge. If you had a PERSONAL problem with this situation and supposidly you "know who we are" you should have pm'd us instead of being a imature idiot and posting it up so everyone can pity you. So if I was in my patrol car chasing a bike youd write about it on CL?!? O wait you probly would cuz your a idiot. If you got a problem you call me, eaither that or ill take you for a ride in a crown vic or impala then you can detail it for the whole force. If not then grow up, I've lost all respect I had for YOU, Police Officers will not tolerate imature people like yourself!!!
like others have stated, how would other people on the road know that you're HPD? try to look at it from the other side of the fence, put yourself in todds shoe.

btw, is your cousin in the force as well? i'm just wondering.
could you not just have called in the whole incident? or better yet just file an insurance claim?

Originally Posted by jt808
I believe any concerned parent would feel what transpired was an act of sheer stupidity. Were all the facts known? Of course not. However, I do agree that CL members (especially with stickers on their cars) are held to a higher standard. By posting his experience on this thread, Todd did leave the incident open for an explanation.

I have great respect for police officers who sincerely believe in Intergrity, Respect and Fairness. However, I've seen too many police officers use their power for self serving interests. It disappoints me to see a career professional entrused to serve and protect the masses try intimidate a concerned citizen.

Mahalo for reinforcing the poor perception I have for the public servants called police officers.
spot on, especially the bolded part.

Last edited by 808is3; 08-10-09 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-10-09, 07:43 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

wait a minute... the biker clipped your bumper at a high speed and didn't go down? wow! how bad is the damage on your bumper? pictures onegashimas!

umm, being an police officer and all... why not call in the bike description? you was endangering the public! your bumper can be replaced...

honey, you made yourself look and sound... uhh, yeah!

anyways, speed safe... the life you'll save may be your own!
Old 08-10-09, 07:50 PM
ronricorum
Pole Position

If you got a problem you call me, eaither that or ill take you for a ride in a crown vic or impala then you can detail it for the whole force.
wow, really? sounds like some of the viet kids we used to **** up for talking mad ****. always gotta be in numbers huh.

anyways, wat the other guy said about having to outweigh the benefits and costs is true. arent "police officers" supposed to be taught that? im in the military and i work on airplane engines and we ALWAYS have to do that. we call it O.R.M. operational risk management. im only 20 and i know that more than you? and you're supposed to protect and serve? protect and serve what? protect your fellow "police officers" and serve dead citizens. trust me i know how some of you "police officers" are. real stinky. thats speaking from personal experience. now there are true police officers out there. just not enough.

yes tod sounded immature, i agree with you on that, but its because he was very upset and just needed to vent. what you should have done was explained yourself in a mature way instead of just calling him an idiot over and over and threatening him with your "force."

you and your "force" disgusts me and i cant believe i went to iraq for YOUR freedom.
Old 08-10-09, 07:52 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 808is3
could you not just have called in the whole incident?
there's times when super donkey ricers try to race or run me off the road... i'll call my dad or 911 and i'll see a police officer within minutes! oh and umm... i'm a nobody!
Old 08-10-09, 08:55 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have a question. And i am by no means taking either side on this cause i dont know the whole or true story to what happened, just going on what i've read. Because you're a police officer, and i assume you were off duty, does it make it ok to drive recklessly and above speed limits chasing someone because they hit you? If thats what happened. And what if you had gotten into an accident chasing this person down? does it make it ok because you're a police officer? I mean, if it were a civilian who was chasing someone down because they clipped their car, is it ok to speed and chase someone down to get their license plate number? I'm not trying to start **** with you, i'm just asking because i dont fully understand how it works and because you stated a couple of times you were a police officer that it sounded like it was ok. I'm sorry if i'm reading it wrong or i'm just a total dumb ***, i'm just trying to understand. Thanks .....and no offense intended
i too would like to 'understand'... there is a difference between 'as a police officer' and 'because i'm a police officer'...
Old 08-10-09, 09:16 PM
azn_drft
Driver School Candidate

wow, alot of hate in this thread, well to answer everyones question police officers are 24/7 on/off duty... marked or unmarked vehicle, 1) the bike caused a hit & run 2) he ran after identifyin myslef as a PO, 3) he was driving wreckless, Im not saying I was 100% right for doing what I did cuz NO ONE is above the law not even PO, this is from EXPERIENCE... 90% of the bikes we try to stop ALL RUN and when he hit my BMW I took it personal of course and chased him down, my rear bumper needs a repaint which he will be paying for. If I had called back up at his rate of speed/driving he would have got off scott free. Im not down with that. And no my cousin is not on the force. I did come off harsh to tod but I hate people who jump to conclusions and rant about **** on forums especially like forumshawaii, I thought tod was more mature than that especially when he "knew" exactly who we were... you guys who said abuse of power... very untrue its something called doing my job and again... marked or unmarked vehicle/uniform or plain clothes, PO's are PO's 24/7

Last edited by azn_drft; 08-10-09 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-10-09, 09:44 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

wow, alot of hate in this thread, well to answer everyones question police officers are 24/7 on/off duty... marked or unmarked vehicle, 1) the bike caused a hit & run 2) he ran after identifyin myslef as a PO, 3) he was driving wreckless, Im not saying I was 100% right for doing what I did cuz NO ONE is above the law not even PO, this is from EXPERIENCE... 90% of the bikes we try to stop ALL RUN and when he hit my BMW I took it personal of course and chased him down, my rear bumper needs a repaint which he will be paying for. If I had called back up at his rate of speed/driving he would have got off scott free....
i think if you said this first with todd not knowing the WHOLE situation, there wouldn't have been so much 'hate'...
Old 08-10-09, 09:46 PM
soarer8o8
Driver

To all CL members and especially to Todd:

Im the driver of the 2gs. I would like to appologize to everyone especially to Todd. It was stupid of me to be driving the way I was. I honestly didn't even know you were next to me at one point since I was so concentrated on the bike and what happened. I shouldn't have been driving the way I was and I honestly disrespect and hate drivers who drive like the way I did. You have every reason to be mad and I am truly sorry for the trouble I have caused. I respect your feelings and truly understand that I have lost all of your respect as a person. Again my sincere appologies to everyone and especially Todd.
Old 08-10-09, 09:52 PM
cyco
Pole Position

Just gonna say its an abuse of power to let your cousin speed around with you. I mean sure, you might be a trained PO, but your cousin? The motorcyclist? You say it's not an abuse of power and you put yourself in the spotlight trying to take down Todd, so you better be able to back up what you are saying.

Oh, and you could have skipped all the hate and just PM'd Todd.
Old 08-10-09, 09:58 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

um last time i checked, the us military is voluntary.. you need to cut that self righteousness stuff out.. im also in public service and dont do it to serve certain people..
Old 08-10-09, 10:04 PM
eastsidtsx
Rookie

wow, alot of hate in this thread, well to answer everyones question police officers are 24/7 on/off duty... marked or unmarked vehicle, 1) the bike caused a hit & run 2) he ran after identifyin myslef as a PO, 3) he was driving wreckless, Im not saying I was 100% right for doing what I did cuz NO ONE is above the law not even PO, this is from EXPERIENCE... 90% of the bikes we try to stop ALL RUN and when he hit my BMW I took it personal of course and chased him down, my rear bumper needs a repaint which he will be paying for. If I had called back up at his rate of speed/driving he would have got off scott free. Im not down with that. And no my cousin is not on the force. I did come off harsh to tod but I hate people who jump to conclusions and rant about **** on forums especially like forumshawaii, I thought tod was more mature than that especially when he "knew" exactly who we were... you guys who said abuse of power... very untrue its something called doing my job and again... marked or unmarked vehicle/uniform or plain clothes, PO's are PO's 24/7
ok, i'm not trying to drag this on, i'm just really stupid.....but i still dont think i quite understand. YOU said you are a police officer 24/7 as well as all other police officers, but you also said that you werent 100% right in what you did.

so i guess what i still dont understand is, what you did was alright even if you are a police officer and got into an accident and heaven forbid killed someone? you also said you took it personal, so what you were doing was for personal reasons or because you are a police officer?

once again, i apologize for my ignorance and dont mean to drag this on, just trying to clarify your post....thanks
Old 08-10-09, 10:15 PM
808is3
Pole Position

ok, i'm not trying to drag this on, i'm just really stupid.....but i still dont think i quite understand. YOU said you are a police officer 24/7 as well as all other police officers, but you also said that you werent 100% right in what you did.

so i guess what i still dont understand is, what you did was alright even if you are a police officer and got into an accident and heaven forbid killed someone? you also said you took it personal, so what you were doing was for personal reasons or because you are a police officer?

whats again, i apologize for my ignorance and dont mean to drag this on, just trying to clarify your post....thanks
i agree. no need to repeat.

and i wouldn't say theres "alot of hate" here, its more so the way you worded your first response. personally to myself, your first reply came off very self rightous (even thou that most likely wasn't the intent).

So if I was in my patrol car chasing a bike youd write about it on CL?!?
and come on now, theres a big difference between getting a warning/ hearing sirens vs. a couple of cars passing you by 100+mph.

If you got a problem you call me, eaither that or ill take you for a ride in a crown vic or impala then you can detail it for the whole force. If not then grow up, I've lost all respect I had for YOU, Police Officers will not tolerate imature people like yourself!!!
for me this was totally unprofessional and i'm pretty sure thats where most of the "hate" is coming from. i think if you tried to look at from a civilian perspective... in terms of " we hold our public servants to a higher standard" then it might help. i've always been told respect goes both ways, earned not given.

now can we all get along again? and be one big happy lexus family??

Last edited by 808is3; 08-10-09 at 10:19 PM.

Quick Reply: SPOTTED...Fools driving excessively fast and dangerous...