CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

going to vegas in feb

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-09, 12:11 AM
kameamalu
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to vegas in feb

Kalei and i are going to vegas in february, what else is there to do in vegas?
Any help would be great

thanks
Old 01-22-09, 12:21 AM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

If you like horse back riding you can go to Red Rock Canyon and check that out I actually had fun doing that.
Old 01-22-09, 12:22 AM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

^^^ i was going to suggest any activity at red rock canyon... kart racing is fun too!
Old 01-22-09, 12:31 AM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

My wife and I, along with a bunch of friends went dune buggy racing. Super fun! You can rent a dune buggy for 1 or even up to 4 people. The cool thing is they can pick you up from your hotel and even drop you off afterwards. They provide all the equipment and when we went, they even provided lunch. Here's the link: http://www.sunbuggy.net/.

The last time we went to Vegas, we also went and shot guns for the first time. There's a place off Tropicana (maybe 10 minutes off the strip) that you can actually buy rounds and try out different guns. I fired a M16 and my wife (Japanese, 5' 1", 110 lbs) shot an Uzi. You can pick your targets and even get to keep it afterwards. Of course we got Osama Bin Laden. In any case, it was something different and we had fun.

There's so many things to do. I'm heading back in June for a wedding, so report back here if anything is a "Must do". Oh, and the food. Don't even get me started about the food.....
Old 01-22-09, 12:56 AM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

if you want to check out the car scene... there's weekly meets in a plaza parking lot on spring mountain! a couple years ago, it was a drift meet (hachi's, 240's, etc)... last year, there was all kinds of tricked out cars and trucks (vip rides, old school toyota's, s2000, xrunner's, camaro's, etc)!

btw, my favorite show is zumanity... i suggest seeing it with yo honey!
Old 01-22-09, 08:54 AM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Annalyz

btw, my favorite show is zumanity... i suggest seeing it with yo honey!
I'll have to remember this one too, since we're trying to look what show we want to see when we go back in June. The last time we were in Vegas, we saw Ka' and that was really good too. If magic is your thing, we also seen the Lance Burton magic show....that was pretty cool too. But I think almost any of the major productions on the strip will be fun. The nice thing is at least it will be nice and cool when you go. It's going to be like an oven when I go in June
Old 01-22-09, 10:02 AM
kameamalu
Driver

thanks guys! Red rock will be added to the list. I am going to the world of concrete seminar, so in the afternoon, we will be free. Thanks again for all the help. Any more ideas would be great.
Thanks again guys!
Old 01-22-09, 10:05 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Kris,

Where u staying at?

I'm going up for work...WOC...todd mentioned you going up for the same thing....maybe I'll see you there?

Btw...chk the Pacific regional section....possible meet with the LV guys...not sure tho since weekday.

Pete
Old 01-22-09, 10:47 AM
eastsidtsx
Rookie

snowboarding. That was pretty cool when i went to vegas. its not that far of a drive.
Old 01-22-09, 07:20 PM
KatsuSauce
Pole Position

I was gonna suggest snowboarding too.
Me, I hit up as many buffets as possible.....lol
Don't they have something like the "NASCAR" experience there at the Las Vegas Speedway?
If they do, that would be on my "to do" list.
Old 01-23-09, 10:19 PM
kameamalu
Driver

Originally Posted by PHML
Kris,

Where u staying at?

I'm going up for work...WOC...todd mentioned you going up for the same thing....maybe I'll see you there?

Btw...chk the Pacific regional section....possible meet with the LV guys...not sure tho since weekday.

Pete
yeah pete, i'm staying at the golden nugget. Call me up and we can meet up! Also if you are going to the meet, let me know, and i would really like to go!
Old 01-24-09, 06:32 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kameamalu
yeah pete, i'm staying at the golden nugget. Call me up and we can meet up! Also if you are going to the meet, let me know, and i would really like to go!
LOL....Golden Nugget as well. How long u staying? What classes did u sign up for?

I still neva register...do that on Monday.

Pete
Old 01-24-09, 10:41 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha! Thanks to the boff of you for confusing me Pete mentioned he was going to WOC, then Kris told me he was going. I got confused and thought Kris had told me a long time ago, when in fact it was Pete.

Thanks guys!!!

Hope you guys meet up and have fun!
Old 01-25-09, 12:20 AM
Kaluna
Pole Position

Go to Lawry's: The Prime Rib. Right off the strip. Down Flamingo street.

Britt tooke me there for my birthday the year before. It is seriously the best Prime rib I have ever had and I've had a lot of prime rib... obviously... I couldn't finish the beef bowl. Thats saying alot. Mean flavor. Plus of all the people there we get the only local waiter haha.

Nice dress up spot. Though

Noa and I are going up there in March for his brother's wedding and some other business. Surprising he's not going to WOC this year.
Old 01-30-09, 11:52 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Silver'04
I'll have to remember this one too, since we're trying to look what show we want to see when we go back in June. The last time we were in Vegas, we saw Ka' and that was really good too. If magic is your thing, we also seen the Lance Burton magic show....that was pretty cool too. But I think almost any of the major productions on the strip will be fun. The nice thing is at least it will be nice and cool when you go. It's going to be like an oven when I go in June
aiyah, june... too hot! anyways, ka... is that the boat one? if so, i enjoyed the show! my dad fell asleep...

if anyone wants to eat creative sushi rolls, shumai, shrimp tempura, etc... all you can eat at sushi mon (on sahara) is yummy! the chinese restaurant on spring mountain in the same parking lot as 99 ranch serves pretty good dimsum... the fried shrimp is onolicious too! i'm not a fan of buffets, but... imo, rampart and wynn had the best buffets! oh, don't forget to eat fried twinkies at mermaids in downtown... it's killaz!

Quick Reply: going to vegas in feb