CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

CL Hawaii chat room

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-15, 10:04 PM
lawsonk808
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HiloDB1
Planning on doing work on my LS this weekend so hopefully will have some teaser pics to post up
Been trying to sell my lex's I wanna get back into a truck already. If you know anyone interested. But if not I may keep the LS and fix it up some. Post it up asap
Old 03-27-16, 10:04 PM
xianxian
Driver

any meets near honolulu
Old 07-08-16, 04:42 PM
Jbeast
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up my Lexus and installed bags. I know Mark Mendoza no longer has his Lexus, but does anyone know what specs he was running on his rims? Mahalo!
Old 07-15-16, 02:30 PM
808newbie
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbeast
Just picked up my Lexus and installed bags. I know Mark Mendoza no longer has his Lexus, but does anyone know what specs he was running on his rims? Mahalo!
congrats on picking up ur lexus and installing bags!! not sure on what specs for wheels though
Old 07-23-16, 03:20 AM
GSdEAS
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie

hello ladies and gentleman,

I am new to CL and to the whole Lexus movement. I was a Bimmer guy but the maintenance was killing me so I Converted to the dark side as my Bimmer team members say. My question is My 3rd gen GS has lost a considerable amount of power and she struggles to go up hills and accelerate in general, I have changed the spark plugs ignition coils and she still is acting up where is a good shop on Oahu that I can take her to and not get butt raped on the prices or has anyone else had this problem.

Old 07-24-16, 11:25 AM
808newbie
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSdEAS
hello ladies and gentleman,

I am new to CL and to the whole Lexus movement. I was a Bimmer guy but the maintenance was killing me so I Converted to the dark side as my Bimmer team members say. My question is My 3rd gen GS has lost a considerable amount of power and she struggles to go up hills and accelerate in general, I have changed the spark plugs ignition coils and she still is acting up where is a good shop on Oahu that I can take her to and not get butt raped on the prices or has anyone else had this problem.
LXS hawaii is an alternate shop to take your lexus too.
how much miles do you have on your GS? is a CEL light or any error light on your gauge cluster?
regardless of any lights it might be beneficial just to have an obd2 reader to see if any codes is stored.
does your gs sound different when you try to accelerate?

well congrats on moving over to the 'dark-side' lol.
Old 07-24-16, 07:14 PM
GSdEAS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 808newbie
LXS hawaii is an alternate shop to take your lexus too.
how much miles do you have on your GS? is a CEL light or any error light on your gauge cluster?
regardless of any lights it might be beneficial just to have an obd2 reader to see if any codes is stored.
does your gs sound different when you try to accelerate?a
well congrats on moving over to the 'dark-side' lol.
I had my friend read it with his code reader and it said cylinder 4 misfire. I cant remember the actual code. She doesn't make a different sound it just vibrates really bad. If i am driving up a really large hill i have to almost give it full throttle to get up it. I really want to VIP her but its kinda hard to VIP a car that runs like poop. Thank for the LSX recommendation i will try to get down to that side of the island next week to see what they can do for me. Are there any Lexus clubs here on the island? When i was in the mainland the BMW car club i was a part of helped me out a lot when one of my Bimmers started acting up.
Old 07-25-16, 07:32 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Visiting from the mainland.

Sup guys, in town in WaikikI and was hoping to make a meet before I left. I hit up the instagram page but no reply and I missed the meet the other day. Anyhow. Keeping my eyes out for some Lexus love and spotted a few so far. Didn't get a pic of one, silver 3 GS lowered on silver rims and full lip kit with I think handicap plates near Kualoa.

Seen this a few times parked in front of a restaurant in waikiki. Nice.

On H1 this afternoom around 3:15 sittin in traffic.

Also on the H1 this afternoon just after the IS.

Old 07-25-16, 11:22 PM
808newbie
Pole Position

Sry havent logged onto the ig account in awhile. when do you leave town?? i think the hard part is with all the weather we had this past weekend all the lexus peeps like keep there rides in the garage haha. and i think another storm is heading our direction, not sure when its gonna hit us though. man i heard had some traffic this afternoon on h1 its junk sitting in that traffic.... huh never seen that 2is before! wheels look good rolling for sure.

lol i just recently started going on clublexus more often haha. sometimes the hawaii section forum can be pretty quiet.
Old 07-25-16, 11:54 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by 808newbie
Sry havent logged onto the ig account in awhile. when do you leave town?? i think the hard part is with all the weather we had this past weekend all the lexus peeps like keep there rides in the garage haha. and i think another storm is heading our direction, not sure when its gonna hit us though. man i heard had some traffic this afternoon on h1 its junk sitting in that traffic.... huh never seen that 2is before! wheels look good rolling for sure.

lol i just recently started going on clublexus more often haha. sometimes the hawaii section forum can be pretty quiet.
Yeah this off and on rain must be the pitts.... I couldn't roll like this. My car stays in the garage all the time and rarely sees rain. When the clouds come out, so does my truck. Lol. Leaving Wednews day before this next storm rolls in I hope. That traggic sucked, reminds me of home in LA. Lol. Anyhow I've had an amazing time. Super jealous of all your island aloha and rich culture. Wish I didn't have to leave it.
Old 08-26-16, 04:40 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey everyone. Im back just checking in. I can see its still pretty slow on the Hawaii subforum. Ill try and be more active and post some current pics of my build.
Old 08-31-16, 10:11 PM
808newbie
Pole Position

yeah its pretty slow on here. e'rbody on ig or fb probly...
im trynna be more active on here too lol (im not doing a good job though)

hopefully you guys in big island are safe during Madeline and Lester!
Old 08-31-16, 11:27 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Dang you guys are already up to the M's in storms? I was there for Darby only less than 2 months ago. Be safe out there.
Old 09-12-16, 01:00 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Not going to post up complete pics till Im finished but getting there.
Old 09-26-16, 11:28 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Quick Reply: CL Hawaii chat room