Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

NA- Turbo Lexus gs300 Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-17, 03:13 PM
remyrick
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NA- Turbo Lexus gs300 Help

I have a 99 lexus gs300 with a godspeed turbo kit . I plan on runing about 7psi on stock fuel pump stock internals just to get started. I do plan on upgrading the fuel injectors twin fuel pumps thicker head gasket ect for more HP but this is a budget build. My issue is I can't figure out what route to go with my ecu, I have to pass the emissions test (chicago obd2 test).I've read so many things good and bad I don't know what to do. I called a local shop they said don't buy a Aem FIC theyre garbage but blogs say they're good also considering hks v pro greddy ultimate or worst case scenario megasquirt standalone but I don't want to spend over 1500 bucks on a ecu alone keep in mind its a budget build. If you have done this conversation and have any advice or can tune any help would be greatly appreciated
​​​​​
Old 01-19-17, 07:32 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Have you tried any of the lexus pages on facebook? A lot more active than in here. Also, soundperformance in bensenville does a lot of toyota and lexus builds and tunes so you might want to ask them regarding your issue. Ive installed turbo kits, but never dealt with choosing the ecu. Ive ran aem standalone on a mr2 as well as a motec, but it all depends on what you need and budget
Old 03-17-18, 12:27 PM
cookie24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by remyrick
I have a 99 lexus gs300 with a godspeed turbo kit . I plan on runing about 7psi on stock fuel pump stock internals just to get started. I do plan on upgrading the fuel injectors twin fuel pumps thicker head gasket ect for more HP but this is a budget build. My issue is I can't figure out what route to go with my ecu, I have to pass the emissions test (chicago obd2 test).I've read so many things good and bad I don't know what to do. I called a local shop they said don't buy a Aem FIC theyre garbage but blogs say they're good also considering hks v pro greddy ultimate or worst case scenario megasquirt standalone but I don't want to spend over 1500 bucks on a ecu alone keep in mind its a budget build. If you have done this conversation and have any advice or can tune any help would be greatly appreciated
​​​​​
can you give a little more detail on what you want out of the stock setup.maybe i can help since i run my aem fic 6 on a stock na-t setup.on the emissions test thing
not so sure about that since they really don"t do that hear in indiana. more just sound down over this way.if the cn hear you a mile away there coming to find you bub.
Old 03-19-18, 09:30 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

FYI, this is over a year old now.

I would hope the OP found the info at this point, or posted in the 2gen GS section to ask others for advice.