Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

ROLL CALL!!! All Chicago?NWI Lexus owners!

Old 02-26-15, 01:09 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default ROLL CALL!!! All Chicago?NWI Lexus owners!

Hello all!
I frequent the LS460 forum nearly daily, but occasionally I take a glance over here in the Chicagoland forum and it's nearly all but dead! Why is that? There have got to be proud, informative Lexus drivers in Chicago, right??
I think this forum is a fantastic place and I have learned quite a lot from many of the members here, and hope to not only continue to learn but to add my experiences and feedback as to possibly help other members.
It seems the only thread that is somewhat alive is the thread pertaining to tinting. I guess that's a testament to the reliability of the car, unless everybody post issues in the other regions of the forum!
So, i'd like to put this out there... I'd like to connect with other Lexus members for advice, small meet ups and whatever else can come of it. Currently I'm in search of a great indy mechanic, and a place that I can take my car for washes without it being swirled to all hell! I, myself am new to the Lexus brand, as I just purchased my LS at the end of Jan.

Anybody else out there??
Old 02-26-15, 02:01 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Here...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/chi...on-thread.html

and here...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/chi...ost-em-up.html
Attached Thumbnails ROLL CALL!!! All Chicago?NWI Lexus owners!-welcm.jpg  
Old 02-28-15, 10:01 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

There is not much of a Lexus scene in Chicago. Pretty nonexistent you can say.

The people with half decent Lexus tend to not drive it this time of year as you can imagine.
Old 03-02-15, 12:39 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks a lot, much appreciated, however these threads are all pretty dated.
I've come to the conclusion that Chicago just isn't that active.
Thanks for the links though.
Any advice on detail shops once this weather breaks, as well as a good indy mechanic?
Old 03-02-15, 12:43 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
There is not much of a Lexus scene in Chicago. Pretty nonexistent you can say.

The people with half decent Lexus tend to not drive it this time of year as you can imagine.
Yeah..I've come to that conclusion. Im actually one of those people you made mention of. I've had my car for 7 weeks and have barely driven 800 miles, and a good portion of that was from me driving back home to IN from Naperville, and a return trip and back home. Looking forward to the weather breaking. Need some sunny days, warmth and salt free roads!

Last edited by CRowe14; 03-06-15 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-04-15, 05:01 PM
LP817
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah its pretty much dead here. Im on CL everyday as well.
Im just waiting for salt free roads and sunny weather too so I can install my coilovers, wheels, and camber kit. I dont want it to randomly snow and my IS end up becoming a snow plow.
I dont know any indy mechanics or detail shops but I hear Touge Factory is pretty good with our Lexus
Old 03-06-15, 01:43 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LP817
Yeah its pretty much dead here. Im on CL everyday as well.
Im just waiting for salt free roads and sunny weather too so I can install my coilovers, wheels, and camber kit. I dont want it to randomly snow and my IS end up becoming a snow plow.
I dont know any indy mechanics or detail shops but I hear Touge Factory is pretty good with our Lexus
Hey, thanks for chiming in! I knew someone had to be out there?
If the weather is correct, it look like we'll have some warmer, sunny days coming, so hopefully days like today are either done or just a few remaining.
Touge Factory huh?? Never heard of it.
About to google them now!
Thanks!
Old 03-06-15, 08:14 PM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 117 Posts

There is a Lexus scene in chicagoland, but it's really cliquey. IS people are pretty organized, but mostly stick to themselves. SC people are divided into 3 groups: drifters, sc people who want to do everything, and the legit go-fast guys (they hang around SP). The LS and GS scene is pretty unorganized as far as I can tell. If you're into modding your car, take a visit to Fizz Autosports in Chicago. That's were people who mod the newer lexus models go to buy parts and discuss builds. Touge Factory (in Wheeling) is more of a all around performance shop.

The majority of Lexus owners now are younger, and they tend to stick to facebook. There are lots of sub groups of lexus cars locally, but most of the time they turn into small for-sale groups
Old 03-06-15, 09:05 PM
LP817
Driver

Thanks for the info 1997soarer I just moved up here last year and knew nothing about the lexus community in chicagoland. Ill check out Fizz also. Ill probably end up getting some work done there.
Old 03-06-15, 11:27 PM
LP817
Driver

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Hey, thanks for chiming in! I knew someone had to be out there?
If the weather is correct, it look like we'll have some warmer, sunny days coming, so hopefully days like today are either done or just a few remaining.
Touge Factory huh?? Never heard of it.
About to google them now!
Thanks!
Haha no problem! Yeah Im looking forward to the warmer weather. Ill finally able to work on the car. Yeah I found them online and a couple of my friends say they go there for various things.
Old 03-10-15, 09:20 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a gs and two other close friends with modded gs's, but ive done a few car meets and theyre pretty boring. Like others have said my car was and still is hibernating. Maybe once the weather gets nice youll see more of us around.
Old 03-20-15, 10:14 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to be on CL a lot but I've my IS for over 7 years now and I have it exactly the way I want it so I don't check CL that often any more.
Old 03-24-15, 08:34 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm...a few variations of feedback regarding the Lexus scene in Chicago.
One thing I will say though, its quite apparent that many owners either have a GS or an IS.
My intent mainly was to meet a few Lexus owners nearby to share/bounce a few ideas off of and have a bit of banter regarding our vehicles. Learn a bit more about these vehicles based off of ownership experiences and not what one may read via a blog or hearsay. Also, locating a shop who works on Japanese imports, specifically Lexus vehicles with a great reputation and wont drown you in repair fee's!
Im not looking to mod my car much at all, and the mods I do decide to do wont require a shop at all...pretty much all DIY items.
One thing is certain, we are moving the right direction weather wise, as we approach the end of March and go into April. I figure about another 6 weeks and we're in the clear and can really welcome some consistent, warmer temperatures!
Old 03-24-15, 08:06 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Can't wait for nice weather.. I'm over the cold and snow!!
Old 03-25-15, 01:32 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
Can't wait for nice weather.. I'm over the cold and snow!!
MAAAAJOR +1 there!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ROLL CALL!!! All Chicago?NWI Lexus owners!