Travel these 10 creepy illinois roads… if you dare

Old 07-18-14, 11:35 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Travel these 10 creepy illinois roads… if you dare

1) Kennedy Hill Road
Bryon, IL

From December 1980-January 1981, dozens of motorists reported seeing a woman, soon to be known as “The Phantom Lady of Kennedy Hill Road” walking along the road. However, after winter of 1981, she disappeared, never to be seen again.

2) Shoe Factory Road
Elgin, IL

Shoe Factory Road has not one, but two haunted sites: a farm and the site of an old Spanish Colonial revival house. Although the structures at both sites have been demolished, both sites have been rumored to host multiple murders, so they are said to be haunted.

3) Cherry Road
Oswego, IL

A young couple allegedly took the nearly 90-degree turn at the end of the road too fast after their prom. The woman died and her boyfriend wrote “help” on the road in his own blood. The woman’s ghost has been sited at the bend.

4) Dug Hill Road
Jonesboro, IL

There are three stories associated with Dug Hill Road. The first involves Union deserters killing Provost Marshal Welsh on the road, and Welsh’s ghost allegedly haunts the road. The second involves a man who witnessed a spectral wagon pass over his own head. The third is the tale of “the boger,” a nine- to 11-foot-tall creature wearing black pants, a white shirt and a scarf.

5) 7th Avenue Dead End
Sterling, IL

At the dead end of 7th Avenue and east Second Street in Sterling, residents report seeing and hearing a ghostly woman. Rumor has it she’s looking for a lost child who either drowned in the river or was hit by the railroad tracks nearby.

6) Cole Hollow Road

Creve Coeur, IL

This is the location of several bigfoot sightings in the 1970s. The best is described as being eight to 10 feet tall with three toes and thick white fur.

7) Bloods Point Road
Boone County, IL

Bloods Point Road is rumored to be one of the most haunted roads in the country. People claim have seen everything from disembodied ghosts to phantom vehicles. Additionally, The Bloods Point Cemetery is also rumored to be haunted and guarded by hellhounds.

8) Lebanon Road
St. Clair County/Madison County, IL

Lebanon Road is home to seven abandoned railroad bridges, also known as the Seven Gates of Hell. Rumor is that if someone drives under all seven bridges and enters the last one at the stroke of midnight, they will be transported to hell.

9) Cuba Road
Barrington, IL

Cuba road is home to the haunted White Cemetery, where witnesses have seen white, floating globes. In addition to hosting the cemetery, Cuba road is supposedly the site of a vanishing house and phantom cars, among other paranormal activity.

10) Archer Avenue
Willow Springs, IL

The area between Resurrection Cemetery and St. James-Sag Church on Archer Avenue is supposedly one of the most haunted areas in the Chicago area. Like many of the other roads on this list, Archer avenue is home to multiple supernatural forces, including Resurrection Mary, a hitchhiking phantom and various phantom monks who haunt St. James-Sag.
Attached Thumbnails -creepiest-roads-in-illinois-2.jpg  
Old 07-18-14, 11:32 PM
ls400love
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

This is so cool thanks for sharing man!
Old 07-19-14, 07:44 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

I drove several times on Shoe Factory Road (Elgin, IL) over the years and never noticed anything....I'll pay closer attention next time.

Also Cuba Road (Barrington, IL) never struck me as a scary road haha!
Old 07-28-14, 09:33 AM
mexikan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool.... I'm going to try to drive around those areas....
Old 10-11-14, 08:53 PM
Imolas4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is pretty neat, especially now..around Halloween!
Old 10-15-14, 03:03 PM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 117 Posts

Cuba road isn't that scary, but it does have a lot of twists to it and lots of old growth trees alongside it. I live kinda close to it, and every 10 years some teenagers kill themselves on that road driving too fast.

I know people who will never drive that road again at night. I've heard stories of whispers and faint voices, shadows and human sized clouds of vapor/mist. One said he saw the figure of a transparent person ON the road (maybe thats why so many cars crash?).
I never saw anything. The drive is creepy tho, especially at 1am. The cemetery... yeah, I don't recommend jumping the fence. Friends caught weird things on digital cameras there. As for me, I kept hearing stuff in the woods and felt like I was being watched.

Shoe Factory Road. I've been to whats left of the farmhouse and barn on that road just west of Beverly Rd.
Theres a metal pre fab shelter thingy here. Lots of graffiti that says things like "**** this place" instead of the usual gang tags and ***** drawings. This place doesn't feel right. I heard the sound of children playing and laughing. Not a big deal except it was 2:30am and 40 degrees out. Heard noises like rocks being thrown. Found out later a guy I knew used to ghost hunt the place and used to go into the barn. He found evidence of demon worship and he swears things followed him home from that place.