Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Who here in the Chicago area has an IS350 with a full Wald kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-12, 10:15 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who here in the Chicago area has an IS350 with a full Wald kit?

Decided to go to FNL for the first time and I saw a black IS350 with a full Wald kit. Not the best fitment but still nice. Just wondering if it's anyone's that is on the forum. Didn't take any pictures though.
Old 08-12-12, 10:05 PM
maximL
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's my car. The kit is actually perfect, but I rushed the install and have to redo the rear lip and trunk spoiler.
Old 08-12-12, 10:05 PM
maximL
Pole Position

Also slight cracked the front lip today, fml.
Old 08-13-12, 07:48 AM
maximL
Pole Position

Was the rear lip and spoiler the only thing that seemed off to you? I'm going to remove the kit and refit on Saturday.
Old 08-13-12, 12:29 PM
maximL
Pole Position

Here's a pic I found:

Old 08-13-12, 02:03 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Nice! Looks good!
Old 08-13-12, 02:18 PM
maximL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Nice! Looks good!
Thanks! I originally wanted an artisan spirit kit, but then I saw your car with it and I got a great deal on a full wald kit. Still want the artisan spirit fenders though. I meant to say hi to you at Allen's bbq, but I have no idea what you look like, lol.
Old 08-13-12, 07:37 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, didn't you just get the car a while ago and you are already off to modifying it that much so far lol? But yeah, kit looks nice overall but when I saw how the rear lip and spoiler was attached, didn't look so good. I saw the lip coming off and the tape just hanging and the gap on the spoiler edges bothered me. I bought a replica and the edges were like that and I didn't even put it on.

Is the kit fiberglass since you say it's authentic? I saw your thread and a few tips I got for you. When I did my quads, I rushed the rear lip install cause the muffler shop was going to close soon. It looked like **** and kept falling off so I used painter's tape to hold it up. Next day, I sanded the inside of the lip so it would adhere better. I also cleaned my bumper with clay bar, soap, degreaser, and rubbing alcohol. I spray painted one side of the roll of tape black so it wouldn't be as visible. I applied the tape and heated it up hot and stuck the lip to the bumper and it holds very well now. People say adhesive promoter helps too.

You didn't see my car did you? I parked far in the end since I got there "on-time" lol.
Old 08-14-12, 05:47 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maximL
Thanks! I originally wanted an artisan spirit kit, but then I saw your car with it and I got a great deal on a full wald kit. Still want the artisan spirit fenders though. I meant to say hi to you at Allen's bbq, but I have no idea what you look like, lol.
Really? You should have hunted me down. That's awesome. You didn't drive it that day right? I don't remember seeing your car, or else i would have hunted you down...lol

BTW, the Artisan Spirits kit for IS/ISF is different and unique in their own right. It would have been awesome to show both cars side-by-side.

Hope to meet you one of these days ASAP...lol.
Old 08-14-12, 07:22 AM
maximL
Pole Position

@chi123
Yea, I've had the car for less than a year. I just started buying a ton of stuff during spring when I broke my ankle and it has just been sitting in storage. My ankle is finally getting better, so I started putting everything on. Hopefully there will be more to put on for automass in september.

The kit is authentic and it is fiberglass. I did rush the rear lip and rear spoiler, so I'm going to have to redo those. Painting one side of the tape is a great idea!!! Thanks! No I just need to figure out how to stick it on the right place because as I found out: you only get one try.

I didn't really walk around FNL at all. I was in the JDMC or EQ booth most of the night.
Old 08-14-12, 07:24 AM
maximL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Really? You should have hunted me down. That's awesome. You didn't drive it that day right? I don't remember seeing your car, or else i would have hunted you down...lol

BTW, the Artisan Spirits kit for IS/ISF is different and unique in their own right. It would have been awesome to show both cars side-by-side.

Hope to meet you one of these days ASAP...lol.
I drove the car, but it was completely stock then.

I got a deal I couldn't pass up on the wald kit though. I might change it up for next year. We'll see how much damage I do to this front lip.