Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Any place that does stereo installs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-02, 05:28 AM
Crazy AcurA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any place that does stereo installs?

Hey guys, i met most of ya at the lexus meet, and i noticed most of yous are into audio... so im wondering.. is there a place you recommand that i can take my car to get some stuff done? I been to many places and they all do half *** jobs...

Can anyone help?
Old 11-14-02, 10:54 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

maybe adam (1loudlex) can help you out for this one. as far as i can remember his ES is pretty hooked up for audio. I know of a place but im not sure if they still do audio. if you want me to find out just let me know.

Kevin
Old 11-14-02, 01:57 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

I might be able to help you out.. What kind of stereo and what kind of car do you want to put all of this into?? Ill see you at the meet hopefully and maybe we can talk then.

Adam " Lexist "
Old 11-14-02, 06:49 PM
2Lexos
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Mobile Soundwerx in Niles. The number is 847-692-5700. Ask for Josh and tell him Alex from ClubLexus sent you.
Old 11-14-02, 08:23 PM
Crazy AcurA
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by 1loudlex
I might be able to help you out.. What kind of stereo and what kind of car do you want to put all of this into?? Ill see you at the meet hopefully and maybe we can talk then.

Adam " Lexist "

Well... kinda a long story... but basicly i need my stuff re-installed. The one place i went to did a ****ty job, and didnt listen to anything i asked for. I asked for them to make me a 1.5 cubic inch box for my idmax12, and he made a 1.3 with fill. I told him i didnt want FILL in it!! Also, i took my door panels off to install my trim that i got, and i noticed my rainbow speakers look like they were just screwed into place and looks like its going in the wrong directions. Its pointing.. DOWN. Plus he used the stock speaker wires which i asked him not to. As for the looks... he made the wall in front of the sub out of some kind of really thin cardboard, and its was pressure fitted, so it doesnt even stay in place. Main thing i want to do is get my stock amp to power my rear speakers. Cuz this installer has my 4 channel amp powering all 4 my speakers and now its underpowering my rainbows.

can anyone give me advice about my stuff? Im still pretty new to audio so do i really need better speaker wires, or is the stock stuff ok?

i dont have too much to spend on labor but it all depends on the installer. If he can make my trunk look better with neons and ****, then im willing to spend a little more. But before i spend the loot for that stuff, i want to make sure he knows what hes doing.

Also, Niles is kinda far from me, i need somewhere decently close to the elk grove area...

my stuff...

Rainbow pro speakers
DEI 4500 amp
Idmax12
DEI 1100d

And i have an EQ i want to get installed as well...