Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Sometimes I just wonder???

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-12, 06:42 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sometimes I just wonder???

Check out this kid on the IS-F forum. Why the hate? I think I gave him a piece of his own medicine... And the dude is from Illinois too. Oh, I would love it if he came to our next meet and really tell me what he thinks to my face... The dude needs to get a life!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-lights-2.html

I'll be honest, and no I'm not loosing any sleep over this, but one of the reason why I like posting here, our local chapter, is that there is limited immature and superiority complex posts. It's nice to read a thread asking for help and getting the help without seeing some wise-crack condescending comment.

I don't know if it's an IS-F thing or maybe a Lexus owner thing, but there are so many "shots-from-the-hip" post over at the IS-F forum than ever before. Sometimes I wonder if owning an IS-F has given these noobs a license to be condescending.

That place is now being overflowed by many new arrogant and condescending SOBs...lol. It seems like the ones with the least amount of mods or post count, are the loudest over there. I don't know if it's like that in the other forums, IS, GS, SC, etc., but man the IS-F forum has gone to the birds.

I bet it is some kind of IS-F superiority complex now that they've owned one... Is it like this in all forums?
Old 07-10-12, 08:22 PM
s2k636
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen this happened in other forums as well. The person with the least amount of mods or even stock form talks the most s#hit! It never fails. I just take it as being jealous. Jealousy is a disease that cannot be cured. I wouldn't worry so much about it or even pay attention to it. No matter what you drive or what you do to your car, there will always be someone that won't like it. It's your car and what matter is that you like it. After all its your own money.
Old 07-10-12, 11:40 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its usually the way one presents him/herself that gets them into trouble when they have flashy materialistic things.
Old 07-11-12, 06:39 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

the way i see it is like this, if u mod your car and do things to it to make it different from others and you yourself like it, then thats all that matters. we do not mod our cars so others will like it! it is for ourselves, and if someone does not like it , they dont have to say hateful and mean things. they can have some respect for others and just say i wouldnt do it on my car , but it looks good on yours! or do not say anything period.
i have had a lot of negative thimgs said about my car, but i dont care anymore what others think! at the end of the day im the one washing it and paying the bills on it. oh and what really gets me is they say stupid stuff about your car and later ask for help on doin a mod. ughhhhhh.
Old 07-11-12, 08:17 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Yea a lot of haters out there.. people have no shame online, the rules for being rude go out the window.

We all know your kit/wheels look great!
Old 07-11-12, 08:46 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

I just looked him up. Just another over opinionated D-bag.
I love how he makes sure to point out that he went to Depaul. My mind was blown by that info.

Maybe I should list my credentials from MSU and FSU...
Old 07-11-12, 09:07 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ hahaha! Thanks fellas!

Hating is all part of the online experience/expectation, but this tool seems to not only want his opinion be heard, but to turn it into a “campaign” with his condescending style. The fact that he tries to “blugeon” his opinion onto a subject that is irrelevant to my F deserved a response, and I did. It was a cheap shot.

I don’t not care about haters hating, but in this case, it was such a cheap shot that it was ***** to wall, and so I gave him a “pep-talk”….lol.

Modding is individual, good and bad opinions all come and is expected. We all understand that, but continual cheap shots needed a response.

Like I said, I don’t see much of that condescending style here on CL-Chicago and it is refreshing.
Old 07-11-12, 10:12 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this site has changed A LOT over the past two years and some of the recent new members have brought a new mentality with them that wasn't the norm in the past. I think its a combination of younger buyers able to afford different cars that they couldn't prior. But I am sure this site has seen this before but I wouldn't know. There are some great members on here and I stick to communicating with them for the little I get on here.

All I know is I only stay in touch with a few people from here and really dont get on much anymore. I pretty much have tossed the towel in myself.
Old 07-11-12, 11:07 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
^^^ hahaha! Thanks fellas!

Hating is all part of the online experience/expectation, but this tool seems to not only want his opinion be heard, but to turn it into a “campaign” with his condescending style. The fact that he tries to “blugeon” his opinion onto a subject that is irrelevant to my F deserved a response, and I did. It was a cheap shot.

I don’t not care about haters hating, but in this case, it was such a cheap shot that it was ***** to wall, and so I gave him a “pep-talk”….lol.

Modding is individual, good and bad opinions all come and is expected. We all understand that, but continual cheap shots needed a response.

Like I said, I don’t see much of that condescending style here on CL-Chicago and it is refreshing.
Lobux puts up with less BS than I do, so dont drop down the the "Istillliveinmommysbasement" level that kid is on. Who cares what he thinks... He can lick his own crack on what he thinks.
Old 07-11-12, 11:13 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

^^ Yeah, agreed. Time for me to move on from this drama.