97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Isn't that your car?
Old 07-09-12, 10:42 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

its worth $7k private party tops....KBB prices are a joke! Anything more then $7k isnt worth private party with nothing to back the car up. Low mileage means jack on a car that old and could be worse then a car with normal/avg miles.

I especially like the "never modified" when there is a pic with aftermarket rims on the car.
Old 07-09-12, 10:46 AM
Fletcher1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Isn't that your car?
nope . . . mine was white, was as I sold it . . .piece YOU were to buy, remember, was from another car ....
Old 07-09-12, 11:05 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Well... personally I think that car is worth every penny. Not only because I own an SC, but to find one with that kind of miles is very difficult, especially if it's original paint. Plus it's a factory 5spd which in itself is very rare.

It's all to easy to find a cheap and beat SC nowadays, but most people that have went that route have realized what it costs to restore these to this type of condition.
Old 07-09-12, 01:13 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Well its advertised on CL and there are no pics of the interior. If it was so clean why not show it off??

Sorry but that's way to much for that car. I wholesaled cars so I guess I have too much info on what a car is actually worth even if it has had all service and has low miles.

you can find clean ones for a good deal you just have to look

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...6-200-obo.html
Old 07-09-12, 01:34 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by passnu2
Well its advertised on CL and there are no pics of the interior. If it was so clean why not show it off??

Sorry but that's way to much for that car. I wholesaled cars so I guess I have too much info on what a car is actually worth even if it has had all service and has low miles.

you can find clean ones for a good deal you just have to look

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...6-200-obo.html
Fair enough. If the interior on that red one is mint, I still think it's worth the price.

Honestly, these cars are completely depreciated or right at that point...so technically he can ask whatever he wants, it's just a matter of what he is gonna actually get.
Old 07-09-12, 08:26 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I agree and he may get his asking price there is a buyer for everything and price is not always an issue. You could get much more for what they want IMO even if its a different car.
Old 07-10-12, 12:23 PM
SRTSC
Rookie

Just my 2 cents. I have not been a member here long, but it seems like low mileage minty early SCs sell for between 7-8K. There is a lot of CRAP out there in the 4K range, and good ones seem to go for 5-6K depending on miles. It is rare to find low mileage ones in the first place anyway. He is semi close with his "asking price" and given that the 5 speed would make the car more desirable to the right owner, he may get close to that depending on the rest of the car's condition. I have had my 1993 SC300 for a few days now. I paid $5,600 for it with 94K on it. Did I over pay? Some might say I did until they look at what came on and or with the car. Cosmetically, it is super nice but not perfect: no rust but has had touch up and blend work on a couple of quarters (have receipts for it), a few small dings here and there, one crack near window in door trim, drivers seat has some slight cracking (still in good shape though), but VIN tags are all in place, clean carfax, was a one owner up until 2010, and had some fairly expensive mods on it (professional tints, alarm with remote start, full Megan exhaust with CAT delete, Megan 15 way adjustable coil overs, headers, Ingen CAI, HIDs, Euro tails, cross drilled rotors/ceramic pads, new 02 sensors, fuel pump, timing belt, water pump, drive belts, battery, plugs, wires, etc. Everything works from the power accessories to the AC to all the dash lights. Plus, it came with all the stock parts to put it back to factory if I wanted. Bonus for me was that it had a grey leather interior instead of tan too. Mechanically , the car is near perfect, and from 5 feet away it looks like a few year old car, not a 20 year old car! That is why I paid a little more than I initially wanted to for it. My neighbor paid almost 8K by the time he got his home from a local dealer (1993 SC300 stock with 56K on it in nearly mint shape with exception of some poorly repaired minor side swipe damage to rear quarter). His T-belt/water pump were also not done etc. I was looking for a SC400 for two months and looked at 3 of them before looking at 2 SC300s. The one that occupies my driveway was by far the best of the five I looked at. It just happened to be a SC300 instead of SC400. They are not too easy to find in good shape. When you do, they are priced accordingly as in high. LOL OR if they are priced right, they sell quickly, and you need to jump on them. I lost out on a SC400 with 139K that was in great shape and all mechanicals were done. Car sold for $4,500 or right around there.

Last edited by SRTSC; 07-11-12 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-14-12, 06:17 AM
Fletcher1
Driver School Candidate

posted the link simply wondering if this was anyone here....i was curious and inquired about the car.... low and behold, it was precisely as advertised...funny thing was, this thread immediately went the direction whether price was acceptable or not.... went on about perhaps the interior not as clean because..."why not show it off??"...my conclusion, seller definitely needs help in the advertising / showing off department.... asking price conclusion is good 'ol American CAPITALISM . . .oh by the way, by the time I called, car was sold for $9100, isn't that good for ALL SC owners?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/3125319194.html
Old 07-14-12, 06:36 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

SRTSC - Glad to hear you found a car, Dominic called and mentioned you found one and I think you paid spot on for the car and not too much at all.

as for the car that sold for $9100 thats crazy but great for the owner. Sorry some people need to do some research before just buying but hey its there money lol. wonder if we see the new owner on the boards as I would love to see actual pics of this car and the condition.

I have always liked these cars from day one and its a car that just never ages IMO. This car along with the 2gen GS just were great designs/cars by Lexus. I came close myself to picking one up and helped Dominic find a great deal on his DD that I won't even disclose what he paid. I can tell you its a lot less then many will think and its a low mileage SC in great condition. Interior had NO cracks and no issues with the seats. Again like I said and was trying to help out other locals if that you can find these in great condition for ~ 5k regardless of miles and on this car don't let miles scare you away. If the car was taken care of thats more important then a lower mileage car that sat. In fact I would take a higher mileage SC over a lower mileage SC any day of the week given the car.
Old 07-14-12, 01:40 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fletcher1
posted the link simply wondering if this was anyone here....i was curious and inquired about the car.... low and behold, it was precisely as advertised...funny thing was, this thread immediately went the direction whether price was acceptable or not.... went on about perhaps the interior not as clean because..."why not show it off??"...my conclusion, seller definitely needs help in the advertising / showing off department.... asking price conclusion is good 'ol American CAPITALISM . . .oh by the way, by the time I called, car was sold for $9100, isn't that good for ALL SC owners?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/3125319194.html
Yes. That's very good for SC owners. Part of the reason why prices dropped so low is because people were willing to sell them that low. If more people hold their prices high, that would ultimately become the accepted market value. Good for that guy for selling it at $9100, well worth it.