Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Are Rota P45R or Grid common on is250?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-11, 01:58 PM
EDouble79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Rota P45R or Grid common on is250?

I did a little bit more research and I like the Rota p45r and grid. I've never seen them on a is250 and I know they are knockoffs. Can someone post a pic of their is250 with them? Also, Are they common on Lexus vehicles?

E Double
PHAZE II
Old 09-04-11, 05:58 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have never seen them but I would post in the ISx50 section as Im sure someone has used them or something similar.

Are you sure you want to go knockoffs with our roads? I would suggest finding the real deal in the classifieds and get them used.
Old 09-05-11, 11:52 AM
EDouble79
Driver School Candidate

Well I'm not trying to pay 3,000 for the Volks lol, but I'll check on the other stuff you mentioned on the other thread.

Thanks,
E Double
Old 09-10-11, 10:39 AM
awd_pwnz
Driver

its not common because they are garbage.

ive had 4 sets of those as track wheels on my track car.

nothing is tackier than grids as if te37's are cliche enough.

even i have a set of TE's lol
Old 09-10-11, 08:25 PM
AerialAce
Rookie

Originally Posted by awd_pwnz
its not common because they are garbage.

ive had 4 sets of those as track wheels on my track car.

nothing is tackier than grids as if te37's are cliche enough.

even i have a set of TE's lol
Why exactly would you use crappy wheels as track wheels? Its not like a cheap set of used GramLights is gonna set you back much.
Old 09-11-11, 09:03 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

^^^ I believe you might be confused with track wheels as opposed to track tires....

He is talking about wheels. Track wheels are called so b/c people don't use them very often, therefore they tend to look for lower prices ones. What's so hard to understand about that?

And why question his experience with the Rotas? You have knowledge of his situation at the time or what?

OP: As far as Rotas for daily driven, you'll attract more negative attention than positive b/c of their reputation.
Old 09-12-11, 11:04 PM
Kzoosho
Driver

i can shoot u pics of the p45r's and you could chop them. I personally like them and plan to run a set on my gs3
Old 09-14-11, 02:57 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Here's a good reason not to buy replicas. But in the end, it's really your choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJeFB...layer_embedded

And here is the thread with some good pictures of replicas
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...post-pics.html
Old 09-14-11, 03:53 AM
AerialAce
Rookie

Originally Posted by PurduePete
^^^ I believe you might be confused with track wheels as opposed to track tires....

He is talking about wheels. Track wheels are called so b/c people don't use them very often, therefore they tend to look for lower prices ones. What's so hard to understand about that?

And why question his experience with the Rotas? You have knowledge of his situation at the time or what?

OP: As far as Rotas for daily driven, you'll attract more negative attention than positive b/c of their reputation.
Not exactly sure why you would think I'm confused, unless GramLights makes tires now...

He said he had a track car, meaning hes going for numbers and wants the most performance out of his track car so why use wheels that are mearly "performance inspired" as appose to being built to perform?

You do realize you're basicly asking me why I'm asking him a question in the first place...

You come off as if you where backing Rota only to bash them immediately. Post count much?
Old 09-14-11, 10:52 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gotta get Chi-Town in some Vossens
Old 09-14-11, 11:58 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AerialAce
Not exactly sure why you would think I'm confused, unless GramLights makes tires now...

He said he had a track car, meaning hes going for numbers and wants the most performance out of his track car so why use wheels that are mearly "performance inspired" as appose to being built to perform?

You do realize you're basicly asking me why I'm asking him a question in the first place...

You come off as if you where backing Rota only to bash them immediately. Post count much?
Dude, you have not a clue what I like.... Do the words "Monday morning quarterback?" mean anything to you? Probably not, from what I see so far. Good luck.
Old 09-14-11, 06:55 PM
AerialAce
Rookie

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Dude, you have not a clue what I like.... Do the words "Monday morning quarterback?" mean anything to you? Probably not, from what I see so far. Good luck.
That's good for you because I don't remember asking about what "you like", nor do I even care so why even bring that up as if it means anything. From what I can see the only reason you replied was just to boost post count, that or you really don't have much else to do. You literally waited for another person to post after you just to put up that video you happen to see in another thread. Dude, go waste time in some other thread.
Old 09-15-11, 10:11 AM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mike@vossen
i gotta get chi-town in some vossens :d
yes!!
Old 09-15-11, 10:12 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AerialAce
That's good for you because I don't remember asking about what "you like", nor do I even care so why even bring that up as if it means anything. From what I can see the only reason you replied was just to boost post count, that or you really don't have much else to do. You literally waited for another person to post after you just to put up that video you happen to see in another thread. Dude, go waste time in some other thread.
Why are you even on the chicago thread??