Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Independent Lexus Mechanic Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-12, 05:31 AM
Luxotic
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't go to the stealerships .. there are plenty of good independent auto repair shops out there and you can ask to use OEM parts if that is a requirement ... and yes you will see a big price difference in the local shops vs the stealerships ..... support the local small businesses ... PM for a recommendation for a great local shop been around over 15 years ...
The following users liked this post:
DanO470 (12-03-20)
Old 03-10-12, 03:39 PM
chifunkera
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I'm new here,

My uncle has a 2000 Lexus ES300 that won't pass emissions and needs some other work done. He said I could have the car if I could take care of the repairs. I'm brand new to the Lexus world.

I took it to a shop on the southside of Chicago and they said some sensors need to be replaced, the air-fuel ratio is rich, and it has some transmission problems. They recommended I take the care of the dealer but I thought you guys might know some independent shops that can do a great job for a lot cheaper than the dealership.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 03-10-12, 05:18 PM
Luxotic
Pole Position

I just PM you a place I take all my cars to
The following users liked this post:
DanO470 (12-03-20)
Old 03-11-12, 10:16 AM
scE4
Driver School Candidate

I've beening looking for a place to. I've having a misfire issue with my sc400. Took it to the dealership and paid and can't find the problem. Know any places in Chicago?
Old 03-11-12, 01:12 PM
Dble Agent
Pole Position

Same here!!
Old 03-28-12, 11:05 AM
RAMGS300
Driver School Candidate

I'm brand new to this forum. Have already found a lot of posts a great help. I have a '04 GS300. 125K Miles. I take extremely good care of my car. The engine is running fine as well as the transmission but I recently was on the highway, the wheel started shaking violently. I pulled over, thought I had a flat, nothing wrong with my tires, they're not even wearing uneven. It seems way to violent to be rotors or misalignment. I read some other posts about notorious problems with the GS and they mentioned the steering rack. I was also thinking maybe I have some break or shock issues because when I start from a light it creeks like an old machine trying to move for the first time in years!

I'm all ears. Let me know if I didn't provide enough info. Just trying to get some ideas. Scared to take it to the dealership, looking for a trustworthy mechanic who will use quality parts and has experience with toyota lexus in the chicago area. Thanks for all your help!
Old 05-14-12, 06:52 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

I know someone who is a Lexus Master Tech that does side jobs. He is located in Spring Grove IL...PM me if interested.
Old 05-17-12, 10:47 PM
RoninAMG
Rookie

Any recommendations for a Lexus Master Tech in the West Suburbs that does side jobs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Old 05-23-12, 12:12 PM
TomSil
Driver School Candidate

Default need independent Lexus mechanic

Originally Posted by LeMoine
I have a family friend who has been working on toyota/lexus/honda for 20+ years. He is very reasonable and does good work, he works out of his garage which saves him lots of dough on overhead resulting in cheaper labor. Lemme know if youd like his contact info.
would you be able to send me your friend's name/number to quietmovie@yahoo.com
Thanks very much
Old 05-24-12, 06:24 AM
Initial J
Driver

i need someone to check out my EGR, it's annoying the hell out of me and maybe check for a leak in my AC. anyone?!
Old 05-29-12, 08:22 PM
scE4
Driver School Candidate

Any recommendations for a Lexus mechanic in the city. I've have been have a really bad bug that I can't figure out. Thanks
Old 01-05-13, 09:46 AM
Mcgrath
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rapev-8
theres this guy just done my water pump and timing belt, he works for libertyville toyota. its a hike but its good and cheap
can you please give me info how to contact this guy? need timing belt job done on my rx 330
Old 01-05-13, 12:33 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

when you do the Math you choose.....
Old 03-13-13, 11:16 PM
sydney21
Driver School Candidate

Default Independent Lexus Tech

I have a 1997 SC300 with 234,000 enjoyable miles on the odometer. Being retired I can no longer afford to support the Dealer. Anyone know of a really good independent to do the water pump and serpentine belt? If I can afford it, I should do the timing belt too, obviously. I live in a condo just south of the Loop (downtown) so location is important. The pump let go along with the serpentine belt and I had it towed to my underground park space. Sure would appreciate a referral with name and a contact number. I'm new to this site and it looks Great. Close as possible to South Loop is critical. Thanks All. Syd..
Old 03-14-13, 09:58 AM
daily400
Pole Position

if anyone needs help i will b more then willing to help out. shoot me a PM

Quick Reply: Independent Lexus Mechanic Chicago?