Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Chicago Lexus Dealerships - The Good, Bad, and Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-10, 08:23 AM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike or Yuki, if you guys have one for the IS I'll be happy to take it off your hands

I want to try to paint it and see how it looks. Wish the dealership didn't already punch 4 holes thru my bumper already
Old 03-16-10, 08:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Timmy hasn't been back online since he posted this and the thread is clearly fully off topic.

Timmy, good luck getting your problems resolved (whatever those problems may be).
Old 03-18-10, 01:27 PM
jimbo409
Pit Crew

Default Woodfield Lexus

I just want to let the members know that Woodfield lexus is the best dealer I have ever dealt with. I just bought my son a RX 300 and he loves it. This dealers treats everyone with respect and professionlism every time I go here. Jimbo
Old 03-18-10, 05:21 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome Glad to hear you had a very good experience. I have only heard good things about them myself but never purchased or serviced my car there.
Old 03-18-10, 06:03 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Service is the best! Ed Vale is the man.
Old 03-19-10, 05:39 AM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Patty McIntyre for SALES! Steve Bouchard for SERVICE!
Josh Resnick will bend over backwards if you have problems. So if anything comes up, they will take care of it.
Old 03-19-10, 08:51 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

I agree, I don't go to the dealer much as I am a DIY'r but when I have gone, they were top notch.
Old 03-19-10, 09:56 AM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gaugster
I agree, I don't go to the dealer much as I am a DIY'r but when I have gone, they were top notch.
But if you have a warranty, you still wouldn't go? I go because I like the loaners.
Old 03-22-10, 12:54 PM
kmcmaster
Driver School Candidate

Smile Chicago Lexus Dealerships - The Good, Bad, and Ugly

Just Purchased our Second Lexus from McGrath Lexus of Westmont. The Facility is beautiful (feel like I am at a 5 Star Hotel every time I visit). The staff was friendly and very Knowledgeable.
Old 04-23-10, 09:05 AM
Bonjo1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my '07 IS 350 in 2008 with 3,000 miles on it from Arlington Lexus in Palatine. It came loaded with Sport package, ML/Nav, HKS Exhaust, 18" ISP Alloys. The reason that I am posting this is because I have had the best experience with them every time. I live in the city and still drive out there for service. I am actually surprised to hear how much people like McGrath. I pulled into the Chicago location one Saturday for an oil change and it was the most chaotic experience I've ever had. Needless to say, I backed out and never went back. Maybe if everyone loves them I should give them another shot?

Do you guys know if I'm storing my summer tires at Arlington, will McGrath take them and store them for free like Arlington does?
Old 04-25-10, 06:00 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been using Woodfield Lexus for my service and am very happy with them. So happy that I take my wife's Prius to them for service (as opposed to taking it to Toyota). I get great service from Steve Bouchard.
Old 05-16-10, 11:56 AM
blobs
Rookie

Attempted to order a 12 CD changer cartridge for my SC400 from Highland Park Lexus... Called back after 5 days with no word from the dealership about the part. Parts dept. Rep. was very rude, claimed the part was never ordered, and mis-quoted its price.

Called Bredemann Lexus in glenview, very friendly parts Rep., quoted proper price, and a realistic ETA. We'll see if they come through.

Avoid highland park Lexus parts dept.
Old 07-11-10, 08:42 AM
bmsc300
Rookie

Customer service at McGrath Westmont is top notch...mechanical service for my SC300 has been poor. Last time I had my car "fixed" there, they diagnosed it as having a dirty maf sensor. They charged me to clean it, it was like $100 total. Then I [I]tried[I] to drive away in the car, only to find that the stumbling idle only when stopped, turned into a full-blown problem where I couldn't drive the car more than 50 feet without it stumbling and trying to die out. I got about a block, made a u-turn back into McGrath and said hang on to that loaner, looks like I'm gonna need it for a while longer. They looked at it the next day...and the next...and eventually said it was now throwing a new code for the TPS. That was a few hundred dollars more added to my total repair bill. After that the car ran fine for a while. But it took a total of over a week for them to finally figure out the problem and fix it. Later on the car developed a random occasional miss, but it may not have been related to their work at all so...

The IS250 they gave me as a loaner was a fun little Corolla on steroids. And it had a free IPASS which saved me about $3 a day in commuting tolls, so that was nice too. I like them for their customer service, but their ability to diagnose and repair has been less than great for me personally. I would probably take my SC there again in the future, even in spite of that, but with the new swapped JDM GTE engine, I'm not sure they would be able to work on it, being that the ECU is quite different than a USDM Supra.
Old 08-02-10, 12:23 PM
atalsma
Driver School Candidate

Just grabbed an RX350 on a great deal from Woodfield. Sales guy, Terris Cooper, was awesome, best i've ever dealt with. The rest of their staff was great.

Highland Park Lexus pulled a nice bait and switch on a great price. Then called and appologized. Terrible way of doing business.

Thumbs up to Woodfield, Way down to Highland Park!
Old 08-02-10, 09:40 PM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Congrats on your new ride!!

Quick Reply: Chicago Lexus Dealerships - The Good, Bad, and Ugly