Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Low car alignment shop in palatine (chicago)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-10, 01:13 PM
groomerz
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Low car alignment shop in palatine (chicago)

I just got my car aligned 4 wheel with computer printout $70 in palatine.
The owner is Jim and he is a straight shooter car guy. He took me back and showed me the shop. Very clean and organized. He showed me the hunter alignment rack that he took the extra step had the floor cut out so the rack is flush with the floor. that way he can get the lowest cars on his alignment rack without damage.
http://www.advancedautobizz.com/ It is right near Durty nellies restarant/bar /club. The mechanics there are professional and have aligned many lowered cars. I would recommend them to anyone needing an alignment. Good luck and post if you use him
Old 01-21-10, 01:59 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

That's a good price. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-21-10, 05:20 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice find. Come spring I will stop over with the summer tires. I needed a place that could accommodate to my car being so low.
Old 01-22-10, 09:58 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

in ground rack? and computer....it's only good as the person using it IMO, especially when our cars are lowered. I'd rather have it done with a string and someone who knows the art of aligning and how and most importantly WHY camber/caster/toe has to be changed to accommodate to what I want.
Old 01-23-10, 02:30 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^thats very true. I would hope they put all that effort that they know what they are doing. Im going to check them out to find out rather then assume. You know someone that you trust that can do this?
Old 01-23-10, 03:59 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by groomerz
I just got my car aligned 4 wheel with computer printout $70 in palatine.
The owner is Jim and he is a straight shooter car guy. He took me back and showed me the shop. Very clean and organized. He showed me the hunter alignment rack that he took the extra step had the floor cut out so the rack is flush with the floor. that way he can get the lowest cars on his alignment rack without damage.
http://www.advancedautobizz.com/ It is right near Durty nellies restarant/bar /club. The mechanics there are professional and have aligned many lowered cars. I would recommend them to anyone needing an alignment. Good luck and post if you use him
Is there a pit below this or is it just built into the floor. I am looking to have my camber fixed and toe come this spring if I can find parts or someone comes out with these for the GS. My car is way to low to drive on the alignment racks. Also need to find a place that can do more then adjust my toe if I can find these parts. What did you have done on your car specifically?

Thanks
Old 01-23-10, 03:48 PM
groomerz
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1. It is built into floor and you drive on and rack is scissor lift style It is a Hunter system. 2 page color printout with before and after specs.

2. I'm going on a road trip and wanted alignment done so I don't wear out my blizzaks . My car felt mushy at 75 and i was always correcting right and left

3. 3 wheels were out of alignment and in the red zone. all is good now . took it on the hway and car tracks straight. Still a bit mushy but that is cause the snows treads are so soft. it can move around on the treads a bit.

I found good write ups on them on nissan 350 z forums for alignments on modded cars. Can't find where I found them now though. As far as knowing if there work is good. There are 15 car repair/body shops on colfax st and they all sub out there alignments to him. These are independent repair and body shops owners (car guys) that trust his alignment work on their customers cars.

IMO you should call them 847 776 3566 and speak to Jim. Tell him what you got and want and take it from there.
Old 01-23-10, 05:34 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks, when I can find the parts and its a little warmer so I have the summer rims back on Im going to go check them out.
Old 01-24-10, 12:11 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by passnu2
^thats very true. I would hope they put all that effort that they know what they are doing. Im going to check them out to find out rather then assume. You know someone that you trust that can do this?
Addison Alignment
http://www.addisonwheelalignment.com

They have an in ground rack (so you just drive onto the rack and not a lift) and the guy there knows what he's doing. I told him I need an alignment and I have coilovers/roll center adjusters/adjustable upper control arms and he started talking about cross caster and whatnot....which was way over my head my comprehension. They also do custom spec alignment as well for all your track/autox needs .
Old 01-24-10, 12:18 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by groomerz
1. It is built into floor and you drive on and rack is scissor lift style It is a Hunter system. 2 page color printout with before and after specs.

2. I'm going on a road trip and wanted alignment done so I don't wear out my blizzaks . My car felt mushy at 75 and i was always correcting right and left

3. 3 wheels were out of alignment and in the red zone. all is good now . took it on the hway and car tracks straight. Still a bit mushy but that is cause the snows treads are so soft. it can move around on the treads a bit.

I found good write ups on them on nissan 350 z forums for alignments on modded cars. Can't find where I found them now though. As far as knowing if there work is good. There are 15 car repair/body shops on colfax st and they all sub out there alignments to him. These are independent repair and body shops owners (car guys) that trust his alignment work on their customers cars.

IMO you should call them 847 776 3566 and speak to Jim. Tell him what you got and want and take it from there.
sounds like a good place and Hunters do make great machines
Old 01-24-10, 07:22 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, probably going to get my alignment done after taking the winter tires off this spring.
Old 02-19-10, 11:11 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice, im gonna pick up some coilovers this spring and then i might need an alignment too. I hope it can clear the body kit too.
Old 02-20-10, 07:22 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

cant wait for spring....and some new roads:P
Old 02-20-10, 08:37 PM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by passnu2
cant wait for spring....and some new roads:P
Well I was with until you said 'new roads'....we can all wish.