Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Umbra**Opinion**

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-10, 08:35 PM
Silver06GS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aliti19
How long has it been since you tinted the windows? He's done 5 of my cars and 100's of cars from here, maxima.org and the VW forums for members. I'm sure it's just a fluke. He will definitely redo the windows if you're not happy.
I had them done in October. Every single window has small white bubbles and in areas there are little creases in the film. It bothers me that I have to take time away from work/family to get back into the city to have the entire car redone again. Hopefully he can get it right the next time.

kd
Old 01-19-10, 05:23 AM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Silver06GS
I had them done in October. Every single window has small white bubbles and in areas there are little creases in the film. It bothers me that I have to take time away from work/family to get back into the city to have the entire car redone again. Hopefully he can get it right the next time.

kd
I think that's another thing I liked about Umbra, they have Sunday appointments. You can stay and hang around. Once they start on it, it goes pretty fast. That's also a big problem with me, doing things over. Get it right the first time beause I don't have time to do it over. (and they were like only 2 miles from my house)
Old 01-20-10, 06:41 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
^you get married yet?

yes Cesar gives a lifetime warranty so you can go back. No one is perfect...we all have an off day or something goes wrong. I am taking my wife's car to have it done soon since I am going to drive it more and turn the GS into the garage "queen" and store it for the rest of this winter.
Yup, got married this past summer! I remember my GS garage queen,

Originally Posted by Silver06GS

kd
Yea, he'll def redo them for you. I've never heard of anything like that ever happening. Let me know how it goes!
Old 01-21-10, 07:32 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luvmy350
A couple of things....I sold my winter mats to a CL member and he said he just got them done on his GS over there and he showed me all the bubbles. He told me 'you get what you pay for'. However, I have heard great reviews too. But being in Schaumburg, Umbra is in Schaumburg and I get wait for my car, and so far not bad reviews, I think I'll by pass the city.

Thanks for your input Habeeb!
hi Jan, speaking of winter mats... if you know anybody looking for a set of IS front winter mats, could you ask them to PM me? I'd let them go really cheap..
Old 01-22-10, 05:00 AM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
hi Jan, speaking of winter mats... if you know anybody looking for a set of IS front winter mats, could you ask them to PM me? I'd let them go really cheap..
Pm me the price. I let mine go REALLY cheap. I'll check around for you.
Se you say a 'set' of 'front' winter mats. Are there 4 or 2?
Old 11-16-12, 07:08 AM
escapedcon
Driver

going there today. was quoted $260 by Nino for my LS460. am I paying way too much? (don't mind paying a $20 or so premium for quality)
Old 11-16-12, 09:34 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Too much IMO but I hear they do good work. Anything over $175 is "too" much IMO regardless who you have do your windows.
Old 11-16-12, 10:03 AM
escapedcon
Driver

even in a market like Chicago?

any LS owners did it at Umbra? how much did you pay?
Old 11-16-12, 10:23 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ yes, I paid $150 to have all windows tinted, including front windshield, on an Audi Q7 that has larger and more windows then the LS does. I had tint placed over the already factory tinted windows. If your not worried about it then just have them do it.

I think we had one LS owner have his windows done there but that was a few years back and he sold his car and haven't seen him active since.