Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

A Tale of Red-Light Cameras Gone Wrong (in Schaumburg)

Old 07-20-09, 10:28 AM
zetec2vtec
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oblivionis
Now if they could only do the same with the Rosemont cameras!!!
yes Rosemont cameras are crazy. Ive done some of the signs for the city and burbs and Im good friends with a person that owns one of the two companys for the red light cameras. They some are set properly and alot are fixed to go off a second early. Rosemont camera's are the worst. I havent got one yet thank god, I dont want to deal with that.
Old 07-20-09, 02:29 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zetec2vtec
yes Rosemont cameras are crazy. Ive done some of the signs for the city and burbs and Im good friends with a person that owns one of the two companys for the red light cameras. They some are set properly and alot are fixed to go off a second early. Rosemont camera's are the worst. I havent got one yet thank god, I dont want to deal with that.

That's an easy 'fix-it' ticket. If you get a ticket at a red light camera, go to the intersection multiple times with a video recorder. Record the green to yellow to red light transitions. Next go to another nearby and similar intersection with no red light camera and record that one multiple times. Go home and time all of them. Make sure that each time you record, the times are consistent....then check with the laws of the city and/or the state to see if the interval times match the prescribed times.

If there's a discrepancy in timing for the one the intersection with the red light camera vs. the one without, you may have a ticket that could be thrown out in court.

Most people are lazy, so they won't go through the lengths to prove this and would just rather pay the $100.